Show us your leather

aleopold

Hey guys, if theres anyone in the forum that would like a starter wallet, it's a bifold with 4 card holders. I'm just working on some different designs, dont want them to just sit on my shelf. There's a couple little dings and misses, but overall not too shabby. let me know if you have any questions.

$25 shipped.

bifold+wallet.jpg

^tanner goods

I've heard this brand mentioned multiple times. The thing is, the colors either seem too light or too bright, not very subtle imo.

for example, the belt on the right is WAY too light. Whereas the belt on the left is perfect. Is the left an entirely different belt or is it a belt after evolution?

tanner-goods-01.jpg

I've heard this brand mentioned multiple times. The thing is, the colors either seem too light or too bright, not very subtle imo.

for example, the belt on the right is WAY too light. Whereas the belt on the left is perfect. Is the left an entirely different belt or is it a belt after evolution?

the belt on the right is what appears to be a brand new light london tan (or maybe natural) belt, while the one on the left is definitely well loved/worn. have you seen the other colors, or just the natural. the other colors are pretty subtle, but natural, in any brand, is pretty "light/bright."

beatle, i cannot wait to start using those coasters. gorgeous.

the belt on the right is what appears to be a brand new light london tan (or maybe natural) belt, while the one on the left is definitely well loved/worn. have you seen the other colors, or just the natural. the other colors are pretty subtle, but natural, in any brand, is pretty "light/bright."

beatle, i cannot wait to start using those coasters. gorgeous.

I hate to keep polluting this thread with questions, but would you say the belt on the left is a worn version of the natural belt on the right? Or was it from a darker belt?

I'm pretty new to leather so I'm very unfamiliar with the aging process and whatnot.

tanner-goods-01.jpg

same belt, you can sun tan a new belt and make it a little darker

^ what jack said is correct. you can age a belt by sun tanning it, and they do appear to be the same belt. though, it does appear that the belt on the left has been worn some. but that's just a guess based on appearance.

Holy crap, that is beautiful...

Is there somewhere I can read about how to properly age leather?! (sun tanning, applying ointments)

tanner belts comes oiled, so you won't have to apply anything... if you want it darker then it is put it out in the sun and it will darken a few shades.

this should give you a good start on leather care

http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/leathercare.html

Holy crap, that is beautiful...

Is there somewhere I can read about how to properly age leather?! (sun tanning, applying ointments)

Wear it.

Leather does require some care, but I hate to see people think that you need to coddle it.

Good leather will age well despite your best efforts to abuse it.

• 2 weeks later...