10 Great places to stay worldwide

axt1982

1. Ac Irla, Barcelona

Cheap, luxuries and simply great! Glass all over together with a flatscreen! You don't see that everyday! Great Wi-Fi. And a kickass bathroom with glass sink. There is also free ropes and slippers with logo!

See it here!

2. Salisbury Hotel, New York City

Large suits for no money, located in the heart of New York City. - Cheap online booking. Excellent if you are are couple of guys heading 4 the big apple!

See it here!

See video here! (You need RealPlayer) - it's pretty crummy!

3.Sofitel, Beverly Hills

Luxuries, but great value for your money! About 180$ per night for 2 folks!

See it here!

4.Ibis Hotel, Euston Station, London

A decent room in London is so fucking expensive! I know Ibis hotels doesn't look like a million bucks, but it's light, clean rooms and a good value for your pound! 15 mins walk from Oxford Street, 20 min walk from Camden Town (Both i interesting walks!) and then you have one of Londons biggest stations across the street to use!

See it here!

5.Days Inn South Beach, Miami

It's hard to find a good place to saty in Miami...You either get a hellhole for alot of money! Or and overclass crib for a million $!! But Days Inn have a Hotel located on the beach. - a 20 min walk to "The Strip in South Beach" It's about 80$ per night for 2 persons. Now you are living on the beach bitch!!

See it here!

6.Libertel, Mulhouse Gare de L'Est Paris

This little hotel is so cozy! Small rooms, but great service and a good clean room with Parisian flavour! 20 mins walk to Notre Dame and the rest of Paris!

Note: it's hard to find!

See it here

7.Camping Fontain Laborde, Biarritz, France

If you like to surf you ass off, between nightparties, then you have to stay at this great camping spot near the boarder to Spain. Last time I was there, I paid 40€ for 10 days! Lots of girls and happy surfing people! They like to keep this campingspot secret, but I don't know why - it's huge! They have their own restaurant with fucking awsome pizzas and other great diches! In the evening the bar serves great drinks! And the Dj plays Arrested Development with "Everyday People" all night! - I'ts like being on a minifestival! Remember to checkout the photosection!

Be there mid june - late july

See it here!

8.Résidence les Ancolies, Val Thorens, France

If you are going snowboarding with your buds, this is you dreamhouse. It's not that expensive, if you are 5-6 buddies. It's cozy and every man gets his own room. The appartment has DVD, Stereo, Cable - you fucking name it! And from your bed, you can see your "line" for mañana. You can go direct out on the slope from your bedroom or kitchen! Were there last christmas with the family - was a dream come true!

See it here!

9.Luxor, Las Vegas

It's strange to live in a pyramid, but great fun! Even the saop in the bathroom is formed as a pyramid! The rate is quit good in the weekdays, when the fuckers in LA are at work, but the weekends are another ballgame!

See it here!

10.Garden view international house, Hong Kong

This is life! A suite with view over Hong Kong downtown, A pool with the same view! Kitchen in the suite and a kickass bathroom! The carpet is so soft, that you want to sleep on it! And you can see american cable tv! All this on a International Student Card with an enormous student discount! Try eating eggs an bacon, while you are wacthing the NBA Playoff with a millin dollar view! yeeehaaa!

See it here!

Why is that so bad? - I know it says across the street, but thats not right. It's further down the street. I'm heading towards Manhattan in January - do you have some golden eggs you want to share?

It's tourist infested area, everything within reach is overpriced, the area hideous. All the restaurants suck, no hot women, horse shit from Central Park carriages reeks from the next block, a lot of old people in canes, one of the worst street condition to skate.

It's tourist infested area, everything within reach is overpriced, the area hideous. All the restaurants suck, no hot women, horse shit from Central Park carriages reeks from the next block, a lot of old people in canes, one of the worst street condition to skate.

pretty accurate, thank you.

Axt, I don't really have NYC bargain hotels, since... well, I live here, so I don't stay in hotels :-) I think you can score a room for $150 in one of Ian Shrager's creations, if you get lucky. http://www.morganshotelgroup.com/

I bascially don't venture upwards of 23rd street, unless I take an occasional trip to Barneys or to Central Park to feed the ducks with my daughter. If you want a cool funky NYC vibe, you'll want to stay downtown.

I like that thing A Ron said in that NYT subculture article how he's so downtown he doesn't even go above Delancy St. Funny shit!

Well, lately he probably hangs out on Wall St. doing business - can't get any more downtown than that!!! ;-)

Hahaha, well that area aint that bad either. I have a buddy who has an apartment around Wall St. If I'm not mistaken, there's a Parsons dorm in that vicinity as well. At night this area is like a ghost town, which adds to the character. I've actually gone to a couple of underground parties in this neighborhood.

Hahaha, well that area aint that bad either. I have a buddy who has an apartment around Wall St. If I'm not mistaken, there's a Parsons dorm in that vicinity as well. At night this area is like a ghost town, which adds to the character. I've actually gone to a couple of underground parties in this neighborhood.

Yes, Parsons dorm is on Williams/Liberty.

pretty accurate, thank you.

Axt, I don't really have NYC bargain hotels, since... well, I live here, so I don't stay in hotels :-) I think you can score a room for $150 in one of Ian Shrager's creations, if you get lucky. http://www.morganshotelgroup.com/

I bascially don't venture upwards of 23rd street, unless I take an occasional trip to Barneys or to Central Park to feed the ducks with my daughter. If you want a cool funky NYC vibe, you'll want to stay downtown.

Your right. That Hudson hotel looks fuckin great! - A bit pricy, but alright for a hotel with this kind of karma! - Thanx for the tip man!

Your right. That Hudson hotel looks fuckin great! - A bit pricy, but alright for a hotel with this kind of karma! - Thanx for the tip man!

You got it. The only thing with Hudson is that the rooms are tiny (but who cares, you just sleep there), but otherwise it's fun. The party in the lounge gets crazy late into the night. It's steps from the Central Park, and the 2, 3 subway line gets you right into Greenwhich Village/Soho area in 15min. Sign up for TravelZoo newsletter, I constantly see Hudson having specials.

Your Paris entry isn't that inspired but I know how difficult it can be to get a room in Paris sometimes.

Your Barcelona and Vegas entries look interesting, but check out the Hollywood Stars Bungalow in LA - a bargain for US$149.00 per night (3 nights min) and sleeps up to 6!

A real piece of history too for cinephiles.

http://www.vrbo.com/85953

Thanks for the link! - Has been added to my bookmarks! A real Roger Rabbit style hotel, with directors chairs and all! - Thanks again man!