Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0707.jpgIMG_0708.jpg

this wallet's only about two weeks old, but it's already taking on some indigo and the saddle leather is getting darker. haven't put any sort of treatment on it, yet. i was trying to decide between this and a redmoon wallet, but the little slot for a guitar pick clinched it for me. (that and the fact that it costs more than ¥10,000 less.) :D

update to come in few months. i hope.

you can see my medallion wallet in an omnigod 50052 jeans pocket here. i think it's like a perfect size for me. fills out the pocket very well (can't wait to see the atari) but could still pull my wallet in and out smoothly.

why do i feel like i might be talking about something other than a wallet?

I got one of these:

w-other05a.jpg

from http://www.goodleather.co.jp/index.html and as per superfuture regulation, it was the untanned version (last one on the right).

After a couple of days of tanning, it now looks like:

DSCF0980.jpg

Hope it gets caramel-ly colored as an RM. Don't know if RMs are all smooth, this leather, if you'll look closely has light wrinkles in places. I think it adds character, a reminder that it came from a cow. Of course, I could be rationalizing, but I don't think so.

It's huge, 7" x 3.5", but it fits my Lee 101Zs perfectly:

DSCF0979.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest doubletap
It's huge, 7" x 3.5", but it fits my Lee 101Zs perfectly:

nice wallet. that style of wallet is supposed to hang out, I dont think they're intended to be completely inside your pocket.

nice wallet. that style of wallet is supposed to hang out, I dont think they're intended to be completely inside your pocket.

True, but the Lees have such a long-ass pocket. Other wallets look out of proportion in them.

Chicken, I know what you mean, the differences in shading are really cool, but it's not that obvious yet. Also, weirdly, the back's slightly lighter than the front. And the inside's totally lighter than either. I might post a pic tomorrow, am at work today.

Dick D, it's got 4 card slots, a zipper pocket, and a couple of compartments for cash or whatever. I thought you had your eye on that Funny© wallet you posted, this one doesn't have quite as many slots.

wow, it looks lot more used than 11 days. good start.

did you treat the entire wallet or just certain areas? i'm sure different people have different preferences, but a guy at this leather store recommended miz and i not to treat the areas inside the wallet and underneath the flaps. this way, as the wallet ages, you get to see different shades of leather in different areas, creating more contrast. i'm going to stick to this idea myself.

i have the same exact rope. it was very stiff and a bit awkward in the beginning, but after few months it settled down. but it's taking a lot of indigo from my denim. which i like. would be curious same thing happens to you.

thanks for posting, sam. :)

the exterior is always going to be darker than the interior.

the thing about treating leather is to keep it from getting dehydrated so that it doesn't crack and such.

btw, chicken----i like the "sound holes" in your wallet. it is like your wallet transforms into a hollow-body guitar if you found the right switch.