denimdestroyedmylife

Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

I thought he was kidding, then found out he wasn't. one of the most awkward things I've ever been through for sure haha

Imagine the evo photos, though!

IMG_4540.JPG

I made this card case for my girlfriend roughly 2 weeks back. And the evo is mad weird... Was wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on it.

The top left corner absorbed the indigo in an odd way. Normally the indigo would only rub and stain the surface of the leather, however for this instance, it seems to be penetrating wayyy deep into the leather. So much so that you can see dots all around. As if the indigo went into the pores.

I was wondering has anyone experienced this problem before.? Is it due to the quality of the leather or just the area the leather was taken from.? :confused:

xpost from the Tanner Goods Thread.

The card holder has close to two months of wear.

DSCN0263.jpg

DSCN0265.jpg

DSCN0268.jpg

DSCN0269.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

I've never understood what all the straps are for. It's like a leather puzzle.

I've never understood what all the straps are for. It's like a leather puzzle.

It's just one piece of leather that wraps around and acts as the sides so cards don't fall out, and then you use the straps at the back just like a money clip.

x-post from 'Show your leather'

forgot when i start using, but should be around 9 months.

Workwear concept

P3243008.jpg

P3243009.jpg

P3243013.jpg

P3243014.jpg

P3243015.jpg

P3243012.jpg

P3243018.jpg

evocomparison.jpg

Horsehide exterior. The one on the left has been used heavily for 2-3 months. The other one was put together just today. Cut from the same piece of hide.

my bag. The first thing I made when I bought my industrial machine about 18 months ago.

5598932924_3508823562_z.jpg5598353771_bde49aa2bf_z.jpg

is it recommended to tan and/or oil your leather products before use? I've heard many suggestions and was wondering what's the best way to get as much color out of a natural product as possible. and what kind of oil should I apply? was recommended neetsfoot or mink oil. not sure which one is better.

is it recommended to tan and/or oil your leather products before use? I've heard many suggestions and was wondering what's the best way to get as much color out of a natural product as possible. and what kind of oil should I apply? was recommended neetsfoot or mink oil. not sure which one is better.

Leather products are generally oiled by the manufacturere before they are sold, so you don't need to oil them right away, but if you want to darken them a little it might help. I would oil your leather every 6 months to a year, or if it feels dry or brittle. It depends on your climate. Neetsfoot and mink oil

are both good, and a compound conditioner like lexol is good too. That's all preference really. If you are trying to darken natural veg tan, spray it with a little water and set it out in the sun for a few hours.

here's some evo of the Horween Horsehide Mids__ 16mos old = worn daily***nvm the concho, the silver replacement broke, so had to slap the original back on, but got my eyes peeled for a new one.

GTortho.jpg

taken w/o flash:

UnluckyF.jpg

UnluckyB.jpg

taken w/flash to show the patina:

UnluckyF2.jpg

UnluckyB2.jpg

very nice boots and evo

beforeur3.th.jpgrmyr8.th.jpg

New-esque RM HRO1A...4 months oldish

[this is cross-posted; all apologies]

five years later (my brain hurts a lot)

plus a little home-surgery (in the year 2011 peg and awl)

5683845956_d03fe97540_z.jpg

5683280329_a4094872e9_z.jpg

5683846690_b59d7c7d96_z.jpg

5683846248_a84e762cdc_z.jpg

one of my customer's wallet.

brand new

1-12.jpg

leave it on the sun 1,5 hour + mink oil

2-6.jpg

thank you

IMG_4645.JPG

IMG_4647.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5651.JPG

IMG_5652.JPG

1 Month. The prophecy is slowly being fulfilled..! Nice gradient patina on the shell, heavy patina on the lace..! Can't wait.