denimdestroyedmylife

Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

3,931 posts in this topic

Finally got around to breaking out the camera. Belt is about 9 months old, with less months of actual wear. Made on Jan 22nd 2010. Click picture for full size.

zik5e1.jpg

great patina, ihbw

TFH Wallet, apprx. 11 months

Tanner coasters, a lot of drinks

5057347956_9de7b0a5b2_z.jpg

5056732819_bdac94df3f_z.jpg

5057348144_6051fb8e33_z.jpg

5057347846_8f5c2cc6aa_z.jpg

5057347630_65f865a451_z.jpg

Can someone provide me a picture of an aged Tanner Natural leather item compared to a Tan one?

I like how the Natural gets real dark brown, but I'm not sure how the Tan one turns out. Thanks.

Any recommendation for a thick, sturdy bi-fold wallet? I bought one from Leather Goods Connection a few months ago, and while it is a nice wallet, but it's begun to lose it's shape and really "bulge" in the middle. It's uncomfortable to sit on and leaves less-than-ideal fade in my jeans (I know, right). I don't want to spend more than 200 dollars.

i have a black mid length kawatakos

Definitely great petina, Beatle!

Been using my own denim+leather long wallet for a awhile, and made another one for a project. Also took some pics to comparing darken leather.

WolfsEye1.jpg

WolfsEye22.jpg

WolfsEye18.jpg

for belt, wallet, and patches...Obenauf's leather oil or leather protectant??

Some shots of my Red Moon wallet that I got off another user about a year back. Treated with Obenaufs a few times...

5073995430_376ff7def1_z.jpg

5073399319_09d42b1481_z.jpg

5073996068_598e3f962c_z.jpg

opened up a package from corter yesterday, sorry for the grainy iphone pic

5073478083_9b9d2f4c64_z.jpg

Ordered these the other day.M1938RidingGloves.jpg

Thought they were coming from Salinas CA. These gloves are leaving a very nice carbon footprint all the way from UAE.

Will post pictures when they arrive.

obbigood that leather work is amazing, you have anymore pics of stuff you've done?

pics of my Tanner belt I don't remember how old it is... but it's getting up there.

-3298.jpg

-3301.jpg

Saddle soap can't stain leather, can it? I applied some to the lighter inside of a used wallet and the soap didn't really spread around, leaving dark spot where the soap was. It's been like this for about an hour and a half.

tanner goods natural billfold, had it since xmas used every day, no tanning no oil no nothing, just a ton of indigo and oils from my hands and what not, love the patina it's developed...

2mo1m6x.jpg

...just picked this up for something different from our man Zissou, amazing craftsmanship, looking forward to some evo

2dvo9l0.jpg

hard to believe the tg was the same color as the zissou piece!

morse9443 stopped by today and I grabbed a picture of his wallet, I think it's over two years at this point.

5150103361_b5aa345560_z.jpg

Riveted another D ring onto my belt. I know this is small, but you can see how the original one has aged compared to the new one.

tumblr_lbi05kbNsG1qzmaqt.jpg

It's around 18oz, 3/5" thick. Hides that thick are never totally even all the way through, that one I remember as cutting a bunch of normal belts then 3 strips at the end that were a bit thicker than anything I'd seen before

i was taking pictures cause my wallet broke so i figured i would post some full shots of the wallet in this thread. i need help trying to fix it if possible

i dont know if i lost a piece or what but the reign doesnt stay attached to the wallet because the loop piece came undone from. hope the pics make more sense than my description...

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

KC leather wallet 3+ years

original color

img56073403.jpg

current color

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

Spent the last few weeks slowly reading through this whole thread; time to start contributing. Weather hasn't been good enough to take pictures lately, so I'll start with some I took a few days ago as 'befores'.

Briefcase I thrifted for $6. Used, so not technically a before, but before for me.

pm34m.jpg

Buffalo leather satchel, hand-stitched by artisan in Central Asia (bought through a fair trade merchant). Hasn't seen much wear because I never got around to punching new holes in the strap to make it short enough for me, but I think it's going to age really nicely.

25yu1hz.jpg