Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

My Hollows bracelet at about 2 months. Love this thing to death and wear it pretty much 24/7. It's darkened considerably compared to my belt loop which I've owned for 3 months more and its got tons of characteristic stains, etc.

IMG-0223.jpg

IMG-0224.jpg

A wet-molded iPhone 3Gs case i made for a friend of mine. Artificial sinew. Used a tanner piece of leather so that he can differentiate the front and back since the 3Gs's curvatures are different.

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5667.JPG

Funny thing that happened. He kept the casing in his pocket while it was wet, and his jeans imprinted it's twill right on the leather. Haha.!

IMG_5670.JPG

OH OH.! Just a question for you leathercrafters out here. Is there a source for REAL sinew.? Just curious... If there is, how does one work with it and how does it smell and feel like.?

X-post from PYC. Just had to show this UBER weird evo. Haha.!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

x-post from ObbiGoodLabel-thread:

picked up my package from the post-office today... :)

inside was the wallet i`ve asked james to repair the cardslots AND a nice little "key-chain" (at least i`m gonna use it for that!)...thanks a lot james! :-*

bild119y.jpg

and to show the evo, james included a little leather sample with some nice lines on it...thanks again my friend!

bild117d.jpg

bild118e.jpg

bild121m.jpg

OGL ROCKS...

x post from show us your leather...sorry no before pics for obvious reasons...

"Not really sure that these fit in too well here, but not sure where else to post?

A couple of things that I wanted to share...

First up is a kids (dress up) waistcoat. I understand that my father bought me this in an antique fair in the 80's. Going by the colour combo, details etc. I would assume this might date from 1920's-1940's. It has great sentimental value obviously these days, and spends most of it's life hanging on the wall, but my 2 year old daughter will most probably want to wear it at some point soon...

This is the front...you can see one of the pocket is hanging on by a few threads....most of the stitching on this is wearing out...

front.jpg

The back...this you can still just about see would have been patent at one point...now old and cracked..

back.jpg

detail of back/ front...

backd.jpg

button...

button.jpg

and this I love...you can see the original tone of the fringing where the dirt/ sun has not yet been able to discolour it...

fringing.jpg

and behind the pocket where the original off white leather is still intact

offwhite.jpg

The next is something I picked up...some goldtop leather motorcycle gloves. Obviously as you can see by modern standards that offer very little protection to hands, but they fit me perfectly, and almost feel like you aren't wearing any gloves at all...

top.jpg

topcomp.jpg

goldtop.jpg

insidehand.jpg

thumb.jpg

outsidehand.jpg

detail of the 'NEWEY' zipper

zipper.jpg

and in situ with 60's Everoak...

evgt.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...