Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

Yes, natural (saddle in RM) colour is the best choice if you want to enjoy to see its aging process. However, my friend showed me his black RM wallet and it made me "slightly" change my mind. His also looked cool:cool:! And he said that he didn't have to worry about any dirt or water stains, which I understand:p.

I'll have to win a lottery.....

I have to win too....would surely take a trip to Tokyo....:D

I'm trying. The best season to go there would be in March, April, May and from late September to early November, but the cheapest season is in June to mid July and December, Janurary or Feburary except arouond Christmas and New Years Day. Why? Because the summer is bloody hot (39C in Tokyo this summer) and the winter is bittery cold there.:eek:

I'm trying. The best season to go there would be in March, April, May and from late September to early November, but the cheapest season is in June to mid July and December, Janurary or Feburary except arouond Christmas and New Years Day. Why? Because the summer is bloody hot (39C in Tokyo this summer) and the winter is bittery cold there.:eek:

I'll keep that in mind for the day I'm rich;)

I'll keep that in mind for the day I'm rich;)

the late spring early summer weather is amazing in tokyo. I was there the first week of june and didn't bring a jacket and i actually needed it, i had just come from bangkok so it was way hot there. But August tokyo weather is another story, it was so fucking hot

def not 2", but to be honest, i was sitting on my ass the entire day last weekend and I actually felt like I had back pain from the monsterous red moon wallet, like it was right out of the episode of seinfeld

I think I could live with that kind of pain in the ass :D

just ordered my wallet from leathergoodsconnection.com. Right now, i have no idea what to do when i get it really, i just ordered it because it looked cool. as far as i can tell, i have to 1- leave it in the sun to tan 2- put it in my pocket. I'm sure that i should probably put a leather conditioner of some sort so it doesnt dry out, but is that something i should do immediately or just when it get's stiff?

Is it definitely going to be necessary for me to tan the wallet? i got the "tan shrunken grain" on his reccomendation because he said it was unfinished but "had character", so it would break in beautifully in a few months. here is the color

truckerleather.jpg

it looks a little light, so i may want to tan it a bit right?

ok, i plan to condition it then. I'm assuming i can pick up a good conditioner from any leather store and it doesnt have to be one of the ones that have been discussed in this thread. Is their a large difference in quality in leather conditioners on the market?

leaving leather out in the sun... is that really tanning the leather? I thought you had to use brains and/or tannin to tan the leather ... and I thought most leather was already pre-tanned? You guys just mean "darkening" the leather right?

What if I never left my leather in the sun... I just wore the wallet the whole time, still un"tanned(inthesun)" and un-conditioned.