Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

Start using your Flat Head one... It's a shame to just let it sit in the box like that.

why would it start to smell? does anyone know? only thing i can think of is that it got wet and moldy, or you used some sort of oil that had animal product in it (like a lower quality neatsfoot oil). it looks awesome...but yea, anyone know?

I think that Ed lives in Manilla...

why would it start to smell?

Ass-Sweat!

Edit: At second thought, and after looking at the wallet more closely, perhaps a bad smell is the result of being ultra-saturated with Indigo from an infinite rotation of brand new jeans. I would actually recommend against using that Flat Head wallet because as beautiful as it is, I would hate to see it indigo stained to death.

thnaks guys but i walk alot and work a lot here in manila.. very sweaty shit they smell like sweat not molds..they wont have a chance to grow mold on..

any help to save this baby from retirement?

kiya,tmadd.cly,dave, thanks hahah FH is fucked up beautiful@

should i retire this? starting to smell really bad.. i can start smelling them when i pull them out..

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0217-2.jpg

IMG_0215-1.jpg

IMG_0216-1.jpg

people are going to think you pulled out a piece of turd out of your pocket if you use this wallet.

i don't understand why people like to have thier wallets looking like rotting leather. it looks disgusting, a little tan is ok for the leather but when it starts to rot, then thats another story. brown is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

wallet i picked up while traveling in morocco this past summer (for dirt cheap). the guy i bought it from said it was sheepskin (in very bad english). very thin leather not like any of the cowhide fh or red moon wallets on here

tanned for 1/2 day and oiled with some baseball glove oil lying around the house

img1752zd7.jpg

img1755ww1.jpg

Know exactly which online website can i get obenaufs, or some other good leather oils at decent pricing?

Tried ordering from obenauf, had some insane shipping prices of 36usd to ship a combo set over. Bringing the total cost to $80...

Anywhere else sells the oil and do normal shipping? not the funky dhl and stuffs.

Long time no post, hope everyone's christmas went well. Here's mostly what i've been up to the last couple weeks, minus since christmas because i've been amazingly sick. I could finally put my head down without having my nose stuff up and my glands throb tonight, so I started work on some iPhone cases since someone asked me to make some (and I happened to get one for xmas). I think it looks good, just a pain to make.

I'm getting a Blackberry Bold 9000 soon (tomorrow) and I need a phone holder 'cos sitting on it is not exactly the best idea. Do you have any other recommendations for me?

Preferably one that loops over a wider belt because a lot of the blackberry phone holders I've seen tend to be clipped on to the belt (easier to be stolen from me!)

Know exactly which online website can i get obenaufs, or some other good leather oils at decent pricing?

Tried ordering from obenauf, had some insane shipping prices of 36usd to ship a combo set over. Bringing the total cost to $80...

Anywhere else sells the oil and do normal shipping? not the funky dhl and stuffs.

http://www.cabelas.com, the smallest tub of LP will last you years. they sell the oil but i'd recommend both. think of the oil as car wax and the LP as touch up detailer spray (even though you don't spray LP, but you know what i mean.)

New leather goods I scooped from Unlucky 8)

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

Wallet: Black horsehide exterior with Tan Cowhide accent, Cowhide interior, and the card flaps made of Goathide

Wallet Chain: Kangaroo Leather, extra thick double braided chain, with extra long tassels

DSC00185.jpg

Tan goathide coin pouch

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

Messenger Bag: 3-5 oz. Cowhide leather makes up the majority of the bag, with the darker pieces of leather (straps the shoulder strap and the flap closure strap) made of a thicker horse hide. Brass Rivets and buckles, 3/4 flap closure.

The bag was inspired by the satchels used by Postmen in the 70's, I love the simplicity and cleanliness of the design, and should make for some interesting evolution 8)&):)

I applied some Obenauf's leather oil and some LP as well, all the goods darkened up beautifully

will take pics of them tomorrow to show the color change

New leather goods I scooped from Unlucky 8)

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

Messenger Bag: 3-5 oz. Cowhide leather makes up the majority of the bag, with the darker pieces of leather (straps the shoulder strap and the flap closure strap) made of a thicker horse hide. Brass Rivets and buckles, 3/4 flap closure.

The bag was inspired by the satchels used by Postmen in the 70's, I love the simplicity and cleanliness of the design, and should make for some interesting evolution 8)&):)

I applied some Obenauf's leather oil and some LP as well, all the goods darkened up beautifully

will take pics of them tomorrow to show the color change

Bag is hot. + rep! This is the bag you were talking about at the other sf! Just checked out unlucky's thread, too!

i remember seeing somewhere on the internet about these long wallet carriers that strap onto one's belt. it's for those who don't want the pain of carrying a long wallet in the back pocket. anyone know where i can get one? PMs are nice :)

*edit*

here's an update on my skull wallet:

IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg