evil lives japanese slevedge denim

demonator

new jap selvedge denim line  

144 members have voted

1. 1. what cuts

I voted for Skull Jeans, although I have always wondered what a pair of A.P.C. New Standards would be like with 15oz fabric.

Just a thought...

I am excited to see what comes from this.

remember KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid,

not to call you stupid... haha

I voted Skull 5010. Deemed so unpractical, but has become such a staple.

I would say add a bit to the rise, just a touch.

And good luck! I'll def be keeping an eye out for the product.

I think this is going to start becoming a 'why some jeans are better than others' thread soon haha

I voted Skull 5010. Deemed so unpractical, but has become such a staple.

I would say add a bit to the rise, just a touch.

And good luck! I'll def be keeping an eye out for the product.

how are they unpractical?

skull 5010 are my favorite jeans in the world

ill send you pics of girls toes if you make them like them (9)

initially, i picked the 634 cut cuz i think it so versatile.

but now i'm sorta swaying towards the Skull 5010

'just need a slight tweaking on [front vs back] rise proportion ... eg, back rise on a tagged W32 needs to be raised by 3/4 to 1 inch, imo.

also, i know the denim purists might disagree, but cotton w/ poly core blend threads should make them low maintenance

features like raised loops [eg, momo loops] & fully lined back pockets [eg, Okis] wont hurt, tho.

how are they unpractical?

skull 5010 are my favorite jeans in the world

ill send you pics of girls toes if you make them like them (9)

I love them too :D I couldn't be happier about the 2010 lot accomodating my size. Seems to me, if you can pull off the 5010, that tells you that you are at least a'ight lol. imo they are in no way unpractical.

I have no solid reference, just memory from back when I couldn't fit the lots. But I do remember the 5010 being criticized as way too slim, way too tight. Could never work. Now the whole concept seems like the basic slim cut, even though few are willing to push it *quite* as slim.

looool I can see demonator fabricating the tg model selvedge toe cozies..........

Edited by jyoni

I hope I don't come across as being negative but I thought I'd throw in my two cents. First, why do you need a poll to determine what fits to make? It seems like you should develop a couple of fits and see what type of reaction/feedback you recieve. Are you manufacturing in the Phillipines because you live there or because it's inexpensive to manufacture there? If the case is the latter is this endeavor meant to improve the lives of the workers by offering better wages and working conditions? It seems like a lot of people are throwing money at the boutique/high end/selvedge/call-it-what-you-will denim phenomenon and the passion for the product is starting to fall by the wayside. Again, not trying to sound negative but I think you should cultivate a brand rather than launching it full speed ahead and hope that everyone loves it. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

agree with everything jerrylee said about the state of the denim phenomenon these days..but I'm not quite sure what he's suggesting this guy should do. What do you mean "cultivate a brand first" before a full launch? Isn't this thread part of the initial research that all companies go through when launching a product? I'm assuming of course... that he doesn't mean to take the winning cut, dismantle a pair and copy the exact same patterns.

Edited by shinobi2000

By cultivate, I just mean make some product, get it out there, gain a reputation and then build on it. I don't know the person behind Evil Lives, maybe they have been doing that... I'm speaking generally. Hopefully someone wouldn't be taking apart other companies jeans and copying the patterns, I'm not suggesting that's his intent but I think if you're a person who wants to start a denim line your motivation should be fueled by a passion for the product rather than any type of fame or fortune. Again, don't know this person so all these factors may be the case.