Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

personally i'm so sick of seeing that high heeled sole on most all new vis boots. what happened to the morflex sole?

anywho just my opinion.....

I would rather they put a morflex back on the 73', i think if the chunky vibram sole they used was black like on A/W 11' version it would look better to me on next seasons 73', still got the olive/burgundy though and to me they still look very good, but i do like the christy type soles etc. Those chunky soles are more suitable to the grizzly and cochise style boots though IMO.

On my 20L I removed the waist belt it just slips into the back padding and velcro's in place real simple. I didn't know the back plastic plate was removeable so safe to say mine is still in. I don't know why you would want to remove it though with the stability even with a decent size load its the most comfortable bag I've owned super balanced and good weight distribution.

I don't know about everyone else but I love the soles on the new 73 and Cochise. I'm am so fucking sick of seeing the christy or more flex soles. Convers is making boots with christy soles alog with everyone else and their mother.

I do like the chunky vibram soles, i love them on the Grizzly's and cochise, and i do love the new 73' i guess im a little nostalgic about the old 73's because i never had a pair.

And you are right about vans,converse, etc everyone using christy soles, i like some of the other ones visvim uses too, like the patrician soles. Christy's still look good to me though, they have there place, like on Virgils, etc and the uppers that they are sitting on with visvim obviously make them look better than on the cheap other brands trying to catch that look.

And the function of them are nice, they seem to last longer than the Grizzly soles.

cochise vibram soles for next season feel much tougher though dont you think?, they are almost gum like, rubber seems much denser at least, i bet Hiroki saw they wore out a little quick on Grizzly and implemented some new material, but the same style sole.

Edited by jcashen87

On my 20L I removed the waist belt it just slips into the back padding and velcro's in place real simple. I didn't know the back plastic plate was removeable so safe to say mine is still in. I don't know why you would want to remove it though with the stability even with a decent size load its the most comfortable bag I've owned super balanced and good weight distribution.

I get what you mean about stability, I just feel I can fit in a bit more without the plate. And it's lighter, too.

Yeah the Christ or more flex soles have their place, like Virgil's and armigers and beuys Trekkers ect, I did not see the Cochise in person but the sole looks awesome, def looks a bit tougher. I don't notice the grizz sole wearing down too fast but I really don't do shit in my boots beside walk around in the city. I'd be happy if the grizz sole lasted four years. For what I just paid to have the Virgil and 73 re sole I plan on wearing my boots till I see my foot on the bottem lol. I wish they would use the more flex sole over the Christy more, seems a bit more comfortable. But yeah after shipping both ways and 15,000 yen for the resole it's pretty expensive to have it done. I think the only soles you can't get in the US are the grizz sole and the made for visvim vibram so, so if I had to resole something with a christy or patrician sole I probably would just take it to my local shoe guy. Cause shipping both ways is at least $80.00 alone

Not sure if anyone herd this but I've herd from probably three diff sources they are not making the grizzly for a while till they figure out how to make it cheaper, I guess it cost them too much to make for what they charge and they are suppose to stop production for a few seasons or maybe for good. Like I said that's just what I herd wondering if anyone else herd something similar. If its true and you like the boot like I do, it may be a good time to try and grab yourself a pair or two. I don't see how it could cost more then a boot like the Cochise to make. That's why when I herd this I was a bit confused cause it seems just as much money is needed to make something like the Cochise, it's probably just a rumor so when they release it the next time it will be 30,000 yen more lol

I Kow that they faced big problems for the FW11 suede version, hence they were released with 4 month delay. I saw a pair myself and the sticching was indeed really bad, it seems sewing on the suede was really difficult. And apparently only 50 pairs of the suede version were released, because of the rejected pieces they had.

Edited by emixam

Really the biggest difference from Grizzly to cochise is just all the extra stitching layers, i guess maybe the different fabrics they use as panels as well, but maybe its too long of a process or something. I know when i read that those new Poundmaker boots from this season took 6 hours to hand knot each outsole per pair, i though to myself, should of took the time on a new boot that looked a lot better than those poundmakers. Just a guess but if it is true maybe its just because of all the extra labor involved, hard to see them not making money on the materials and their mark up, would think they have that figured out since they use the same leathers, and fabrics on other items, and boots throughout the season.