seven.homme

Visvim F/W 12

Vinneus

You look different from last couple years Vinny, everything look spots on

anyway, definitely not from FW12,

IMG_7978.jpg

velvetant

really? not trying to denial, but how you get into that conclusion?

I am sure everyone here is a vis lover, enligthen me please

^^ yeah based on what velvetant?

Unless those were resoled, I don't think that the hockney folk ever came out that type of outsole. Also, the heel counter doesn't look right.

Unless those were resoled, I don't think that the hockney folk ever came out that type of outsole. Also, the heel counter doesn't look right.

I have exact same pair, same colour bought from The Hideout moons and moons ago, so looks good to me unless they of course were selling hooky gear.......

Exactly. The heel counter isn't right and the hockney folk were never released with that type of outsole. There are a lot of fake hockney folk's proliferating the market right now. Hideout only deal with legit products, sent directly from Vis. If you compare your's Winston with the ones above, you'll see the difference.

Edited by velvetant

I just did a little research, and they did come out in a "bear foot" iteration back in 08, which look exactly like the ones above, so yes those are legit. Apologies for any confusion.

Exactly. The heel counter isn't right and the hockney folk were never released with that type of outsole. There are a lot of fake hockney folk's proliferating the market right now. Hideout only deal with legit products, sent directly from Vis. If you compare your's Winston with the ones above, you'll see the difference.

you sure? what bout this article from highsnobiety here, this comes from SS08 mate :):

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2008/03/19/visvim-hockney-bear-foot-folk/

perhaps this picture will help a bit:

IMG_8006.jpg

and another bearfoot:

Editz-7998.jpg

how easy is it to resole virgils and clean the suede?

do you have to go through visvim or can you just go to any shoe cobbler

I found a cheap pair but it's pretty fucked. might want to do so some handy work on it if its doable

Edited by mr.invincible

Suede cannot be cleaned per se, only brushed. You are more than free to wash with a wet cloth, then brush afterwards, but ymmv. Also, any cobbler can put a new vibram sole on the boot in no time, and you won't have to wait 6 months for visvim to do it. Vis might do a better job, and can probably match the stock sole that was on the boot but a cobbler can probably order whatever you are looking for.

no probs with them at all ^ - just need a light brushing with a suede brush. The same brush will remove all the staining from the Vibram sidewalls with soapy water. It's a standard Vibram unit which is easy enough to source and have redone. Personally I think the uppers are not bad, I like them with a little patina :)

thanks!

what do you think, easy clean up?

091210001239_1.jpg?_ex=350x350

unless those are dirt cheap i wouldn't do it. pretty fuckin beat if you ask me. just save money and get something in better shape, if those are like 200 then maybe

0520001263556-2.jpg

these are a better shape, but don't know if i want to spend $500+ yet. would prolly get it after my grail jacket

i always think its better to grab a leather based virgil. since its boots, you kinda want to abuse them (for rainy season, winter etc) .. imo

i always think its better to grab a leather based virgil. since its boots, you kinda want to abuse them (for rainy season, winter etc) .. imo

true but I live In L.A so i don't really have to deal with too much rain or any snow at all. i guess theres also not much use for boots at all in L.A

suede is also nice when it's abused.

i dunno .. i always prefers my suede shoes clean etc .. especially light colours like that grey ...