Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

Visbros. Can someone identify the shirt Hiroki is wearing in this picture? I've been shopping the market for vintage flannels, but the fabric on this one looks perfect. If this one isn't a possibility anymore can someone recommend something similar? Thanks!

I know somebody mentioned that this is already vis, but eg flannels use the same material. Obviously the cut is different, so ymmv

I know this is a ss12 release but since this is the most active thread,

Does anybody has/had/has a neighbor who has/saw/know where can i get this ss12 slim chino green color in size 1? Im desperate to find this. Tried yjp, conceptshop, humanbehaviourshop, emailing union with no reply, and almost any japan stockist.

http://www.conceptshop.com.hk/images/TN_TN_visslimchinogiza11.JPG

Visvim_Slim_Chino_GIZA-3_grande.jpg?1142

Much thanks in advance.

^^ for sure. I've owned my fair share of vis outerwear and in terms of construction, fabric and overall execution this tiger nomad might be the best I've yet to come across. I always feel a bit duped and let down w their jackets (we'll see how the AWOL smock turns out) but not so with this nomad. Not an ounce of remorse or regret, yet.

I know this is a ss12 release but since this is the most active thread,

Does anybody has/had/has a neighbor who has/saw/know where can i get this ss12 slim chino green color in size 1? Im desperate to find this. Tried yjp, conceptshop, humanbehaviourshop, emailing union with no reply, and almost any japan stockist.

http://www.conceptsh...chinogiza11.JPG

http://cdn.shopify.c...ande.jpg?114207

Much thanks in advance.

how bout messaging victor here in sufu?

^^ for sure. I've owned my fair share of vis outerwear and in terms of construction, fabric and overall execution this tiger nomad might be the best I've yet to come across. I always feel a bit duped and let down w their jackets (we'll see how the AWOL smock turns out) but not so with this nomad. Not an ounce of remorse or regret, yet.

I disagree to a certain extent. Over the past 7 years, I've owned many Visvim outerwear jackets, probably over 20 from various styles, I now only own 10. Their Elmendorf and Varsity jackets are a couple of the best jackets I've had the pleasure of owning. Even when compared to Hermes, Dior, Rick Owens, CCP etc. equivalents that I have held, tried on etc. You just feel like a bowse wearing them. Even their woollen jackets, such as their Lieutenant jacket and Commodore, the former, I owned one of the first iterations of, the construction and detail was and still is amazing, even if the one I had from 05-06 was "Made in China".

The part I will agree with you on would be applied to their Gore-tex jackets. The Number(N)ine Nomad for me was good, but not great also the quality doesn't seem to transcend seasons. My Fall/Winter 08-09 bickle that I still own was definitely superior than the FW 09-10 version, of which I later sold.

I will say though, their older items do feel and appear to be more "sturdy", constructed and finished to a higher standard. For example my Adventura doesn't feel nearly as substantial as my Valdez. Maybe it's due to Visvim leaning towards more delicate fabricates in recent seasons.

Edited by rirawin

ugh - hate to ask sizing Q's, but is the consensus to size down 1/2 on the Grizzly's? I usually wear 9.5 for Virgils - and am planning on grabbing a Grizzly in 9.0.

You'll be fine with 9

They are not necessarily longer but definitely wider. My Ss11 feels almost like 1 size wider than Virgil. I heard the latest release aren't that wide but could be wrong.

Edited by emixam

I disagree to a certain extent. Over the past 7 years, I've owned many Visvim outerwear jackets, probably over 20 from various styles, I now only own 10. Their Elmendorf and Varsity jackets are a couple of the best jackets I've had the pleasure of owning. Even when compared to Hermes, Dior, Rick Owens, CCP etc. equivalents that I have held, tried on etc. You just feel like a bowse wearing them. Even their woollen jackets, such as their Lieutenant jacket and Commodore, the former, I owned one of the first iterations of, the construction and detail was and still is amazing, even if the one I had from 05-06 was "Made in China".

The part I will agree with you on would be applied to their Gore-tex jackets. The Number(N)ine Nomad for me was good, but not great also the quality doesn't seem to transcend seasons. My Fall/Winter 08-09 bickle that I still own was definitely superior than the FW 09-10 version, of which I later sold.

I will say though, their older items do feel and appear to be more "sturdy", constructed and finished to a higher standard. For example my Adventura doesn't feel nearly as substantial as my Valdez. Maybe it's due to Visvim leaning towards more delicate fabricates in recent seasons.

There's definitely a slight gore/PU slant to my assertion. "Sturdy" is certainly the word when I handle the tiger nomad or 09/10 PFD, compared to recent gore offerings there is a difference. I also agree on the utilization of delicate fabrics, fabrics which imo are sometimes ill-suited for their intended purposes resulting in a flimsy quality.

The wool and cotton based offerings like the Orion, Stronoway, Commodore etc. leave me with the feeling of something to be desired but that's more a personal thing. The horsehide Elmendorf of course goes w/o saying, almost on par with the CCP horsehide stuff from last spring. Seeing as CCP is still more expensive the Elmendorf seems to be the way to go.

I wasn't choosing, I was referring to the quality of leather and construction, not the aesthetic/style of the jacket. As obviously one is a classic, while the other is more "fashion forward". In retrospect, I shouldn't have used the word "equivalents".

Edited by rirawin

Ruco, possible for you to post more angles and shots for that non wash denim? :)

sure - is it ok if I don't wear a shirt?

@jcashen - I got the navy cw, same color as the oglala featured in this weeks vis lookbook. i'm pretty excited myself, i like the trench-like design and full hood. i originally wanted pink but they didn't produce that it in a 3 so i went for navy. i'm kinda glad it worked out that way b/c in the long run i'll get more use out of navy than pink.

rirawin - how's the quality on the suede varsity? did you own previous varsity with wool body/leather sleeves?

f/w 08-09 is the best season imo. so many quality pieces taking traditional shapes and adding a bit of hidden tech with strong urban tone. more blacks, less browns.

i still need to buy a lieutenant 3L in sz S, if anyone out there has one. Willing to trade FW 08-09 green nomad 3L (w/ leather tabs and buckles) in sz S. PM me!

Ruco very nice, I got pink as it was the only one available in my size but I like the color, it isn't as every day as some of the other colors but I will make it work, and it has a nice earthy pink feel.

I like the pockets on the Oglala and the fact it's a 3L, kind of like a totem Hadrian cross. Smock looks good too, is it fur on the hood? Faux?

Also could someone posts visvims look book pics this week, I'm iPad only with my normal connection being down til the weeks end and would like to see it, can't believe apple still won't use flash.