Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

my new ones like wearing sheet metal, albeit v beautiful sheet metal......however even after limited wear it is starting to break in a lot better thank fuck....not sure on how materials change but i read that this aw one was a lot thinner? incidentally the recent webstore release of an elmendorf is described as ss13 i think - is it the same? also looks cheaper i believe??

Hey Winston,

Let me know how it breaks in cause I am contemplating selling mine due to the stiffness. What year is yours? Is it also lengthy? i found that the length on these elmendorfs seems long.

Can anybody comment on the sizing for the 18l and 28l packs? The sizing difference seems absurd, which makes it very hard for me to decided what to purchase. I have a 13" and a 15.6" laptop for work, both of which I would like to travel with (not at the same time, but one at a time). I know that the 18l says it supports up to 13", but can it fit a 15" laptop in the main compartment? Also, if I am carrying a dopp kit and my laptop + a sweatshirt, does it make more sense to get the 28l? The 28l seems enormous in most if not all of the fit pics I've seen it in, but it seems like the 18l wouldn't be able to hold all of that stuff.

I've had both... the 18L is pretty small. If you stuff a laptop in there, there won't be much room for a bulky sweatshirt.

The 28L is huge. I thought it was too big for my frame so I sold it brand new. I'm 5'10 btw. it just looked way too big on...

I am 6'2 and that 28L was too big on me too.

Maybe a Porter Messenger would be a better option.Think they make it a 20 litre but the one I own (dunno how many litres) it's pouch only holds a 13" but has ample room. I can fit a sweater, shirt, dopp and small pouch for underwear in it..

Edited by aso2004

my new ones like wearing sheet metal, albeit v beautiful sheet metal......however even after limited wear it is starting to break in a lot better thank fuck....not sure on how materials change but i read that this aw one was a lot thinner? incidentally the recent webstore release of an elmendorf is described as ss13 i think - is it the same? also looks cheaper i believe??

My cowhide veggie tanned from fw 08/09 has taken 2 years to properly break in... the hide is thick as hell.

I now have the flexibility to do the YMCA dance...

Edited by rirawin

can anyone confirm that virgils are true to size? im looking to buy one of those suede versions currently selling at endclothing. im a true us 9 and wear 9's for chuck taylors, sneakers and trainers. its just that boot sizing always seems to be tricky for me, eg. boots from other brands such as red wing or yuketen seem to be oversized therefore the consensus on those is to down size by at least half or one. any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry if its been asked before, i've read through both 12ss and 12fw threads but from memory i only saw sizing questions in comparison to visvim shoes/boots one already owned. thanks again

Here are some fit pics of my 101 I just received from TBS. Thanks to RUCO and Vinneus for helping me with all my sizing questions.

I am 5'10" and 175lbs.

Size 3

DSC_1010.jpg

And layered with my EG field parka

DSC_1011.jpg

Edited by s3lam

Just tried ordering some skagway lo's from the official visvim site (visvim.tv). After placing my order I was informed that a drawing will take place and this will determine if I can purchase. Here is [part of] the confirmation email that I received:

"Thank you for your use of visvim.tv. We are notifying you that your entry request submission has been completed. Please review the details of your order below. If you have ordered merchandise that is available for sale by drawing, we will conduct a drawing for your request and those purchase offers chosen from the drawing will receive notice by an acceptance confirmation e-mail. Those purchase offers not chosen from the drawing will not receive any notice and any pending authorizations by credit card or Paypal will be retracted. Thank you for your patience, your merchandise should be dispatched shortly..."

What gives?