Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

it seems the rumors of the second-hand shop are not exactly what they seem. a new shop will be opened in tokyo later this year but it won't be a recycle shop. rather, it sounds to be visvim items remade/reconstructed with vintage fabrics. that may be where the "second-hand" idea came from.

I wonder if the price will be lower or higher, as hiroki seems to shamelessly raise prices for everything vintage (*cough* necklace)

I wonder if the price will be lower or higher, as hiroki seems to shamelessly raise prices for everything vintage (*cough* necklace)

shits gonna be sky high. the hopiland blazer, made from vintage beacon blanket, was like 5k jp retail. low produced 'authentic' pieces, come on.

Anyone selling a Visvim noragi? And for all ye who have purchased one ; what's the fit and quality like?

being a 3 in vis i gave a 3 noragi a shot and the shoulders and arms were too tight. it looked alright so i tried to fool myself into thinking that it was comfortable but it wasn't happening. a 4 and the body would be too big. if you got narrow shoulders and thin arms you should be alright.

16axyr8.jpg

i think its safe to say, at this point, the noragi was the first ever visvim fail. dont get me wrong, the concept and the execution was perfect. however i have yet to meet someone who is happy with the sizing. ya'll know ive owned every version to date, except the "chino", and ive been a sz 2 in all visvim, always. this garment sizing just does not work, size 2 in every material ive owned was way to tight and the size 3 sleeves and armholes worked for me but the body was more like a long robe.... and im a slim guy!

I hope they get this sorted out because i would love to own one and put some years on it.

yeah i coulndt agree more. i remember when it firs launched hiroki wore them all the time, he should be aware of the problem. so either the cut is following his body shape or theres just something wrong with the pattern etc ..

however, in many occasions, it is styled as an outer for 101 .. so maybe it meant to be big/oversize? imo

Edited by seven.homme

The vis noragi is a historically accurate repro of the traditional boro-noragi jp farmer work coat. I owned one from the 1940's and the cut is exactly the same as the vis rendition. It's actually an admirable effort, so much so that it looks better on display than worn.

One things for sure - this was not designed with Western audiences in mind. Add a couple cm here and there and you might have a nice niche market on your hands.

I didnt really like the tightness of the sleeves but i was right there where a 2 was good for the body and shoulders and i usually roll with a 1 in visvims shirts, But still, i sold the damaged denim ss version because i did not want to have to stretch the sleeves, and i was hoping to be able to cuff them with those clasps, and i dont think i could cuff them even with a 3, and i am by no means big in the arms. No gun show here.

I have a 3 and 4. 4 is great but too long 3 is to tight in the sleeves. Either way a Taylor should be able to fix these problems. I have yet to take mine cause all I've been wearing are the natural dye lhamos and have been lazy. But will let everyone know how the adjustments go

Can't wait to see it in the flash next season! Someone posted in this forum that they are also releasing a 7-hole with burgundy and olive canvass being one of the colours?

Those are the cochise boots, similar to a Grizzly, with the riri zipped side. Just a little different. pretty nice though.

Can't wait to see it in the flash next season! Someone posted in this forum that they are also releasing a 7-hole with burgundy and olive canvass being one of the colours?

Yeah as Ruco posted above, the 7 Holes are very nice, i ordered the burgundy and olive pair myself, as they didnt have that color combo on the cochise. All the other colors for the 7 hole's are mirrored on the cochise, with the leather and cotton panels. But burgundy olive is only on the 7 hole next season.

Stunning! They have nailed it again! The burgundy+olive pair is beautiful... How do you guys like the lace though? I find it really hard to tie, and for the knot to stay on both my American Deck and Hockney. More for embellishment rather than tightening up the shoe if you know what I mean. Also how are you guys liking the recent sole which has the harder wood-like layer making it sole harder and heavier, but solid?

Any pictures of the cochise?

Yeah as Ruco posted above, the 7 Holes are very nice, i ordered the burgundy and olive pair myself, as they didnt have that color combo on the cochise. All the other colors for the 7 hole's are mirrored on the cochise, with the leather and cotton panels. But burgundy olive is only on the 7 hole next season.