Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

Hey guys, I recently won a pair of Virgil Cap Folk on YJ! with Sutocorp's help. Just wondering if you guys could help me with a legit check. Maybe it's just me but something doesn't seem right about these boots. The seller had great feedback (640+) by the way. I only own 2 other Visvim items so my experience and knowledge on this brand is sorta lacking. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please check the pics below. If they're fake, imma chuck em' into my fireplace.

20121027111737.jpg

20121027111650.jpg

20121027111813.jpg

20121027111851.jpg

hiroki's gotta put his wizard pimp hand down on these counterfeiters, they definitely look fake to me. Buying straight from the source or one of the listed stockists on visvim.tv is always the best way, or go with auctions with clear pics of box. hologram tags etc.

just went to FIL Wanchai today....damn the Deckhand cost 11,500HKD (1,500 more than Humanbehaviour & co)...the mark up on prices is crazy ! Regarding the new deckhand I am not a fan of the hairy collar, and this season's version is super light - shell fabric is thinner and lighter than last season (seems to be the same as the Kilgore's). The body's lining fur hair are also a little longer than previous versions, maybe to offset the shell fabric's thickness ?

Edited by emixam

just went to FIL Wanchai today....damn the Deckhand cost 11,500HKD (1,500 more than Humanbehaviour & co)...the mark up on prices is crazy ! Regarding the new deckhand I am not a fan of the hairy collar, and this season's version is super light - shell fabric is thinner and lighter than last season (seems to be the same as the Kilgore's). The body's lining fur hair are also a little longer than previous versions, maybe to offset the shell fabric's thickness ?

The markup is ridiculous. I was gonna order a lhamo shirt from their store but it was $650. I feel like even tresbien is cheaper after vat reduction. Got it off a member here for much less.

^ I guess this is one of the major reason for opening the 2nd hand shop later this year. I guess you will be able to buy online from it ?

it seems the rumors of the second-hand shop are not exactly what they seem. a new shop will be opened in tokyo later this year but it won't be a recycle shop. rather, it sounds to be visvim items remade/reconstructed with vintage fabrics. that may be where the "second-hand" idea came from.