Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

Unless those were resoled, I don't think that the hockney folk ever came out that type of outsole. Also, the heel counter doesn't look right.

Exactly. The heel counter isn't right and the hockney folk were never released with that type of outsole. There are a lot of fake hockney folk's proliferating the market right now. Hideout only deal with legit products, sent directly from Vis. If you compare your's Winston with the ones above, you'll see the difference.

Edited by velvetant

Exactly. The heel counter isn't right and the hockney folk were never released with that type of outsole. There are a lot of fake hockney folk's proliferating the market right now. Hideout only deal with legit products, sent directly from Vis. If you compare your's Winston with the ones above, you'll see the difference.

you sure? what bout this article from highsnobiety here, this comes from SS08 mate :):

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2008/03/19/visvim-hockney-bear-foot-folk/

perhaps this picture will help a bit:

IMG_8006.jpg

and another bearfoot:

Editz-7998.jpg

how easy is it to resole virgils and clean the suede?

do you have to go through visvim or can you just go to any shoe cobbler

I found a cheap pair but it's pretty fucked. might want to do so some handy work on it if its doable

Edited by mr.invincible

Suede cannot be cleaned per se, only brushed. You are more than free to wash with a wet cloth, then brush afterwards, but ymmv. Also, any cobbler can put a new vibram sole on the boot in no time, and you won't have to wait 6 months for visvim to do it. Vis might do a better job, and can probably match the stock sole that was on the boot but a cobbler can probably order whatever you are looking for.

no probs with them at all ^ - just need a light brushing with a suede brush. The same brush will remove all the staining from the Vibram sidewalls with soapy water. It's a standard Vibram unit which is easy enough to source and have redone. Personally I think the uppers are not bad, I like them with a little patina :)

i always think its better to grab a leather based virgil. since its boots, you kinda want to abuse them (for rainy season, winter etc) .. imo

true but I live In L.A so i don't really have to deal with too much rain or any snow at all. i guess theres also not much use for boots at all in L.A