Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

@massiv i took a sz 2, that is my true, fitted, visvim size. i took a chance on the sz3 101 from you but it was too oversized. actually just tracked it down in a 2 on YJP.

thanx too for the kind words Ruco & Winston :)

as for the Noragi i have had 3 all in size 2, and have also tried bigger sizes. the arm & armhole barley change from size to size. the size differances are all in the shoulder and body. the noragi is a very particular garment... my advice, which was matthew's of visvims advice back in the ss12 thread... buy your true size and have a taylor open up the seam in the sleeves. no sense in buying a huge, oversized robe just so it fits your arms. its ment to be a short, open, top layer.

Kilgore pics coming soon.

Noragi arm hole and sleeve... so just to drive home my piont, i havent checked the measurements on the different sizes but i know for sure the changes all take place in the shoulders and body of the piece.

Heres my size 2, worn in and stretched.... the sleeves have really loosened up. its the nature of cotton to stretch.

350s3ue.jpg

Also threw the kilgore on top, bet this will be my brisk fall night uniform, so keep an eye out at your local bar for the whiteboy hiroki. haha

14w6k6.jpg

Like that kilgore, i have so many similar pieces from wtaps and neighborhood i just couldn't get that one, but as usual they do their items top tier and it shows

Lhamo armholes are also much more normal than noragi, i wear 1 in all my visvim shirts(including lhamo it is meant to be a little short in overall length) i had a 2 noragi and my arms were suffocating in it, luckily sold the damaged noragi, i could of worn it in, but i never would have buttoned the clasp, still very nice, I just like the lhamo a bit better in every way. but i would agree with vinneus, grab your size and kind of stretch the forearms out on the noragi or just one size up, but getting the armholes to fit nicely would mean wearing a very oversized piece on the noragi.

Lhamo you could size up 1 for it to be a layering piece, i mainly like it over a t shirt though.

I only use Lhamo to layer over a tee too, never think it looks quite right over a shirt. Even up a size it's tight on shoulder/arm socket and I'm no muscle mary.

Guess its just how you like to wear em. I'll post a fit pic when I'm back next week ( and work out how to do it... )

Incidentally anyone know what the brown jacket is. 3 down on very first page of this thread?

Also has anyone ever stonewashed or distressed their own denim? Probably should try a denim thread for this I know but just interested!!

Edited by winstonrodney...

Very nice Ruco, you do a visvim enthusiast proud!

What does the trunk show crew or anyone who has seen the patricians from FW12 think of them, i will probably go after the burgundy, just wanted some thoughts on them, better than the WT from SS12 that i missed on?

I have a brand new pfd dark brown corduroy I would take 1600 for and a black and brown uk sweaters made from 100% cashmere with elk brains tanned suede patches, looking for 800 a sweater if anyone's is interested. Selling some things for my boy he ordered from the trunk show FW 11 and then he lost a ton of weight. All brand new all size 3. Great deals

If you'll allow me to indulge -

The Text in Ruco

oh7400.jpg

(photo tee, social sculpture, curso, cords 04, grizzly)

14m3l94.jpg

(v+v, folklore, baviera cloak, hw slacks, furrgs)

2n82a83.jpg

(adventura, night watch cap, higher-water slacks, matterhorn, personal items)

great adventura and great furrgs - you got from me. thanks for your post ;)

Lhamo has no armhole issue, noragi is very tight.

And to the asshole who neg rep me because i said go TTS for noragi and lhamo, I am typically in between size 3 and 4 for tops and wear size 3 for both (for ref, I wear size 4 in 101 and size 5 in deckhand). I guess everyone has different sizing experience.

agree with emixam (as usual) there is no arm hole issue! haha we have covered this so many times....

Noragi has skinny, tapered sleeve and Lhamo is full cut. if anything, Noragi "weirdness" is in the mid sleeve tightness. As for the Lhamo, i love it! it fits perfect and it will be my fall base layer, then kilgore ontop.