Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

The suede IT 101 is 190000 yen. It make sense to get any IT stuff through union cause it ships from Italy to the US which makes it cheaper then Italy to Japan. 190000 yen plus 10% for what ever proxy guy you use the international shipping made unions price on it cheaper on the suede 101 by like $150. So I'm pissed I passed on it from union and can't justify paying more not to mention I probly would not be able to find a size 4 in Japan. Also there some super nice IT suede pieces comming for next ss so I can hold off till then. Really wanted the elmendorf and probly will get one the next time it comes out

from what ive seen over the years, vis product are all beautiful in person, even if the pictures are shitty, and ive never seen a bad picture of elmendorfs

it seems everybody loves their 101s, maybe i'll head down to fill tomorrow after class to try some on

Edited by ravennavaro

from what ive seen over the years, vis product are all beautiful in person, even if the pictures are shitty, and ive never seen a bad picture of elmendorfs

it seems everybody loves their 101s, maybe i'll head down to fill tomorrow after class to try some on

even i'm getting tempted now, did get the social sculpture coverall though recently and thats a fine piece

yeah i would buy it on the fact it looked cool open and hopefully it stretches and creates a good fit over time,

does anyone know how the border tees fit, they look like they run small like the sea island, and natural dyed giza tees?

I just got the antique border tee in a size 2, the size 2 measures 52 cm pit to pit, 66 cm HPS to bottom hem.

The other tee i got the beeds tee i got a size 1 and the measurements are almost exactly the same, so yes theantique border tee is on the small side on fit, sleeve, length etc

Beads tee in size 1 is 50cm P2P and the same length as border tee 66cm

My regular damaged chore jacket from SS12 is the best denim jacket or jacket of that style i have ever had, wanted to get the 101 as well but was sold out by the time i was ready. But chore jacket is very similar and it is beautiful, along with every 101 ive ever seen of theirs as well.

Only purchase i was ever unhappy with was the damaged noragi, and that was because the sleeves were just too tight, but everything does look better in person.

How do the recent High Water and Slim Chinos fit? I'm a solid size 3 in all my vis shirting, outerwear etc., recently tried on some Fluxus cords in 3 and they were huge in the waist. Size 2 was good in the waist but felt extremely tight elsewhere. Are the High Water and Slim chinos like this, too - i.e. generous waist sizing vs. remaining proportions? For reference I'm 5'11" and usually wear a true 33" waist in all my trousers. Thanks

^^ first off there's quite difference in waist sizing between Giza and non-Giza cords. My 04 non-Giza AW10 cords are the best fitting pants I own. My 04 Giza SS12 cords fit great though the leg but the waist is about 4cm too big. I really have to tighten my belt when wearing those.

High-water chino's also have a big waist but a great fit through the leg. I had to have the waist taken in on mine and would probably not buy another pair - I'll never understand the sizing decision they made on those. That said High-water slacks fit me perfectly, I absolutely love the fit. Slim chinos also fit well, they have a regular sized waist and fit like hw's through the leg.

Thanks for the detailed info, Ruco. Could it be that the FW12 Slim Chino is now cut like the high water and giza cords in terms of the waist being disproportionately huge? These are the FW12 Slim Chino size specs straight off the web store:

SIZE 1 : Waist 81.5 , Length 76 (cm)

SIZE 2 : Waist 86.5 , Length 78 (cm)

SIZE 3 : Waist 91.5 , Length 80 (cm)

SIZE 4 : Waist 96.5 , Length 82 (cm)

SIZE 5 : Waist 101.5 , Length 84 (cm)

Looking at these specs, if I were to go my regular vis size (3) I'd get pants with a 91.5cm, or 36", waist! Should I size down to size 2? That waist would fit me perfectly, but would the rest of the cut squeeze the bejesus out of me? Like I said, I've got a true 33" waist and regular-to-atheletic legs that need a little room. I don't have the toothpick legs like some of Hiroki's models do.

paadekooper -

the new vis shop sizing seems a bit off. for instance I just got in the infantry pants in size 3, on the shop site the waist measurement is 90.1cm but yet it measures out to 85/86cm in person! I would just stick to a 3 if I were you.

infantry pants - a bit too loose for my taste, will probably sell.

en5ad.jpg

paadekooper -

the new vis shop sizing seems a bit off. for instance I just got in the infantry pants in size 3, on the shop site the waist measurement is 90.1cm but yet it measures out to 85/86cm in person! I would just stick to a 3 if I were you.

infantry pants - a bit too loose for my taste, will probably sell.

en5ad.jpg

very rich navy colour. anyway nice cutting as well !!!!