Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

It seems like if you worn it for a year it would start to zip up easier. It will take a lot of breaking in cause it's not veggie tanned. But since it's not veggie tanned it is a harder leather that keep the oils in and seems like it would fit to your body over time. It's a sick piece. I was just looking for something that would fit perfect immediately like I say unzipped it was fire, But at first with out it breaking in the zipping of it was really hard and tight. Again it definitely seems like it would change with tons of wear. It's definitely the nicest leather I have seen on a jacket it a while. But then again I've been looking for a leather jacket for like 5 years and never can find one that works for me. Could be me. But at the trunk show people much skinnier then myself were having a tough time with the zipper as well. I can assure you it will look good unzipped and fit perfect cause that was the case for me. I would have definitely been a size 4 as well

Thanks for the info man, I'm hoping all will be well ! Burgundy elmendorf is a thing of beauty.

What's your shoe & outerwear piece of choice then?

You / Akuma/ Vinny/ Seenmy/Emixam/Ravvenaro/Pennyoka/78/seven/undercover/ummmm/velvet/ruco/ massive and shouji and the rest - what's the one?

Shoe - Virgils are the easiest boot to wear, they go with everything. For comfort and uniqueness I think the Grizzly boot is the ticket.

Jacket - Depends if you are looking for technical or more casual, but you can't go wrong with a Nomad. I like the OG paclite the best. Loose fitting, giant hood, 3m details, stowable...

Just got my dark brown grizzly's, and i love these things, the comfort is on another level, and the sizing is so perfect, TTS, and my other two most recent visvim footwear buys ( virgil plain toe folk, and patrician perf) are storm welts, but its a nice added touch for the grizzly's. Anyone on the fence dont sleep, although i dont really have to tell people in this thread that.

Big shout out to Stephen stylistic space as usual always comes through.

dsc0180hl.jpg

Edited by jcashen87

I just got the Kilgore and the grizzlys. And a few other pieces, I have the first version of the Hudson and I really wanted the elmendorf but had issues with it. The gortex piece that was sweet was the corduroy ogala parka. But I already have a corduroy pfd so it was too similar. Like I said I wanted the elmendorf. I'm a little pissed I passed on the IT suede 101 jacket. I have a nbhd denim style jacket that's blue suede already, and a junya Levi's suede denim jacket as well but I wish I would of sold one of them and ordered the suede 101 IT. I got the Kilgore grizzlys some fil only IT shirt and this sick ass Sherwood flannel with wood buttons it was super nice. I would still try to get the suede 101 from my guy in Japan but it will be much more then unions price so I'm pissed and probably will have to pass. It makes sense to get the IT shit from union if your in the US cause it ships from Italy and the US has a better price point on it

There's still some pieces I want I'll have to get them from my friend in Japan mainly basics like t shirts and what not. Remember at these trunk shows they really don't have every single items just the super expensive ones that you almost have to try on before you buy

the interesting thing about the aw10+11 totems is that they're 50% more expensive than other vis gore pieces but yet utilize the cheapest waterproof material available - polyurethane. so it seems the premium lies in the lovely inner pattern which hiroki developed with komatsu seiren, which is the name of Japanese manufacturer - not the material. that's quite a hefty premium for something that adds nothing to the jackets performance. PU membranes are a bit old hat, they lack breathability and most certainly lose their waterproofing much quicker than the alternatives, hence why hiroki applied a paraffin wax to the aw10 version (nice try). having spent numerous days on hikes with both versions i experienced soaked through patches and typical difficulty regulating my body temp. there's a reason most pu shells can be had for under $100. that said it is a relatively tough material when scraping against rock face and dense forest.

also, when did warmth become a concern for a shell jacket? i can't believe i'm even asking that question.

edit: reading previous posts - the film that hiroki uses on the totem is not the same technology as gore. Polyurethane and Gore-tex are different. i can't believe i have to state that.

The polyurethane film inside is only a protective layer for the Gore-tex Paclite. PU is not the waterproofing here, it's still the Gore ePTFE membrane.

^^nice jacket ruco! want one myself

i have to agree with penny, virgil just goes with everything, i love my kudu but recently, ive been wearing my cap okie folk boots.

for jacket, i never try it, but always want to try and own is the totem jacket. simple, classic .. totally everyday jacket.

Edited by seven.homme

This is the Elmendorf FW11 version, he layered a lot and still can zip it up. He doesn't look very confortable though ( at the arms particularly). It seems FW12 leather is thinner to allow better comfort ? And as per all measurements I could see, the torso is pretty long indeed.

6951014949_ac1493363e_b.jpg

i've never heard of the homer jacket before? whice one is that?

adventura has always looked nice, too bad i dont live in a 4 season country. in a 2 season country like singapore at most i would like to have a totem, would be good for rainy days, dont think fil singapore has them though, dont think surrender has ever stocked it as well

On that elmendorf it's the most amazing leather jacket till you have to zip it up. Unzipped it's fire zipped up its real tight and that horse hide if it's not veggie tanned will take a ton of wear to get soft which I did not mine. The problem I had when I zipped it the Cotten at the bottem of the leather would lay weird. With all that said I would try another one in the future and still consider getting it cause I loved the way it looked unzipped

I just got the Kilgore and the grizzlys. And a few other pieces, I have the first version of the Hudson and I really wanted the elmendorf but had issues with it. The gortex piece that was sweet was the corduroy ogala parka. But I already have a corduroy pfd so it was too similar. Like I said I wanted the elmendorf. I'm a little pissed I passed on the IT suede 101 jacket. I have a nbhd denim style jacket that's blue suede already, and a junya Levi's suede denim jacket as well but I wish I would of sold one of them and ordered the suede 101 IT. I got the Kilgore grizzlys some fil only IT shirt and this sick ass Sherwood flannel with wood buttons it was super nice. I would still try to get the suede 101 from my guy in Japan but it will be much more then unions price so I'm pissed and probably will have to pass. It makes sense to get the IT shit from union if your in the US cause it ships from Italy and the US has a better price point on it

What's the retail on the Suede 101? Am sure it's too much but interested !

My lhamo check & salmon joint fbt saishko's just arrived. The lhamo is navy. yellow & pink and a thing of beauty.

Still waiting on the light indigo check to arrive too - finally found one in a 3 !

Grizzlies on the way, I thought i'd gone pink but had actually ordered red (think they're called light brown) - am now quite relieved !

Got some burg pat's and of course the Elm to come, also a pizi L/S.

That Ogala did look good though, might have to re-look at that!

Shoe - Virgils are the easiest boot to wear, they go with everything. For comfort and uniqueness I think the Grizzly boot is the ticket.

Jacket - Depends if you are looking for technical or more casual, but you can't go wrong with a Nomad. I like the OG paclite the best. Loose fitting, giant hood, 3m details, stowable...

Hear you on the Nomad, I'm lucky to have a fair few - its my absolute favourite. Of them all though I love the one with the leather collar and wrist straps. I have the navy and lost out on the green which i cover madly because mu auction sniper failed!!

I haven't dipped my toe in the Virgil waters yet but know they get big love. Love my suede grizzlies though.

At Ravennaro:

I'm going for my bear foots, the shoe i have the most of are fbt's and hockneys but whenever i put those orig bear foots on they are the comfiest , best looking things i own ( i have a white suede pair too that are insane but you have to wear with a protection layer of 10 feet around you!)

I've never had a vis hoody, perhaps i should get involved.

Edited by winstonrodney...