Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

When the totem comes on 3l it has a crazy patterns that took visvim alot of trial and error to figure out the totem 3l are the dopest water proof jacket I have seen for sure. They done I believe two versions I have the first one and has a crazy pattern that gotten would not do so hiroki came up with something called a kamatsu siren film which works the same way

I often have a glass of wine or seven in the evening but try as I might, I think I need to be drinking whatever you are to make even the slightest bit of sense of what you're saying.

I often have a glass of wine or seven in the evening but try as I might, I think I need to be drinking whatever you are to make even the slightest bit of sense of what you're saying.

It's my fucking iPhone, I apologize. I was saying on the totem, gortex would not do the print that is on the inside. It's a ink infused check pattern, so hiroki made something identical called a kamatsu siren film which is the same 3L technology as the gortex. And yes in the regular 3L gortex I was referring to brain boys pictures above. The 3L has that grey check pattern, and the 2L does not. I also notice a weight and warmth difference as well. Like others were saying the 3L will not be a great winter coat but does feel warmer then the 2.5L

It's my fucking iPhone, I apologize. I was saying on the totem, gortex would not do the print that is on the inside. It's a ink infused check pattern, so hiroki made something identical called a kamatsu siren film which is the same 3L technology as the gortex. And yes in the regular 3L gortex I was referring to brain boys pictures above. The 3L has that grey check pattern, and the 2L does not. I also notice a weight and warmth difference as well. Like others were saying the 3L will not be a great winter coat but does feel warmer then the 2.5L

Iphone...yeah say no more. Bloody hopeless. They look good though.

I posted up a few new photos from our Visvim Trunk Show for F/W '12 on our thread (http://bit.ly/NxdAkZ)

A few detail shots of upcoming product from Visvim.

We also received the Kilgore JKT, Becher Ridges, Albacore Pizi, Beads Pocket Tee, & Higher Chino which will all release this week..

W2012UNIONLATrunkShow-5.jpg

the interesting thing about the aw10+11 totems is that they're 50% more expensive than other vis gore pieces but yet utilize the cheapest waterproof material available - polyurethane. so it seems the premium lies in the lovely inner pattern which hiroki developed with komatsu seiren, which is the name of Japanese manufacturer - not the material. that's quite a hefty premium for something that adds nothing to the jackets performance. PU membranes are a bit old hat, they lack breathability and most certainly lose their waterproofing much quicker than the alternatives, hence why hiroki applied a paraffin wax to the aw10 version (nice try). having spent numerous days on hikes with both versions i experienced soaked through patches and typical difficulty regulating my body temp. there's a reason most pu shells can be had for under $100. that said it is a relatively tough material when scraping against rock face and dense forest.

also, when did warmth become a concern for a shell jacket? i can't believe i'm even asking that question.

edit: reading previous posts - the film that hiroki uses on the totem is not the same technology as gore. Polyurethane and Gore-tex are different. i can't believe i have to state that.

Edited by ruco

It was some film that yes was created by kamatsu siren. They made it to work the same as gortex and it's 3L. That's what I know, there was a huge 2 page article about him making that jacket at the factory back in the day. Anyways it looks amazing in person in my opinion. And is just as waterproof as my 3l gortex jackets

That elmendor fits weird as hell Ryno and I could not really fit it, it's like 2 inches too long so unless your really talk its hard to zip up. The leather on it is amazing I will say

Really tall not talk correction

Edited by master716248

That elmendor fits weird as hell Ryno and I could not really fit it, it's like 2 inches too long so unless your really talk its hard to zip up. The leather on it is amazing I will say

Really tall not talk correction

Or perhaps if you're bigger round the middle like me!

That pic is one of several he took & posted me - I left town a few days earlier, so I've seen it from side, zipped up, the back and it all looks good. Of course its not me in it but it looks fine. Don't mind a slightly bigger fit as with the British weather I'll always have at least two layers under this. Also I've tried a two and they're just too boxy.

How tall are you out of interest?

Edited by winstonrodney...

I'm 510. Looks and feels amazing. I just had trouble zipping it up even in a bigger size. Not like u would wear it zipped up that much but it was honestly a struggle for me to zip up lol. Everything else about it is perfect besides its a tad long making it harder to zip up around the mid section. I was super bummed cause I wanted one bad too. Not sure if all elmendorf fit that way, but they probably do. This is only the second one I have tried on and the other one I tried on was years ago and don't really remember the fit.

I'm 510. Looks and feels amazing. I just had trouble zipping it up even in a bigger size. Not like u would wear it zipped up that much but it was honestly a struggle for me to zip up lol. Everything else about it is perfect besides its a tad long making it harder to zip up around the mid section. I was super bummed cause I wanted one bad too. Not sure if all elmendorf fit that way, but they probably do. This is only the second one I have tried on and the other one I tried on was years ago and don't really remember the fit.

thanks man, i'm 5"10 too so we'll see but yes all Elms have a tight middle but I'm told this stretches with wear.

It seems like if you worn it for a year it would start to zip up easier. It will take a lot of breaking in cause it's not veggie tanned. But since it's not veggie tanned it is a harder leather that keep the oils in and seems like it would fit to your body over time. It's a sick piece. I was just looking for something that would fit perfect immediately like I say unzipped it was fire, But at first with out it breaking in the zipping of it was really hard and tight. Again it definitely seems like it would change with tons of wear. It's definitely the nicest leather I have seen on a jacket it a while. But then again I've been looking for a leather jacket for like 5 years and never can find one that works for me. Could be me. But at the trunk show people much skinnier then myself were having a tough time with the zipper as well. I can assure you it will look good unzipped and fit perfect cause that was the case for me. I would have definitely been a size 4 as well