Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

fPM4M.jpg

someday now stocking vis???? nothing on their website about it, just sent them an email to see when/if they are getting F/W 2012.

We are getting the Visvim F/W 2012 collection, hopefully it arrives in the next few weeks. Will let you know when its here. Exciting!!!!
Edited by jackg

SS13 looks great to me. Saw all the product. Footwear looks good those boots hiroki is wearing are not grizzlys. Something new and they look really good to me. A lot of bad things but a lot of good things as well really good things !!

Saw these get posted on highsnobiety, Yucca Moc Mid-Folk FW12. Fuckin' love em. What's the retail on these? (I'm new to Visvim, so I'm not familiar on the prices for different models)

tumblr_m80h1wkihT1qd2yn5o1_1280.jpg

Yes I saw them at the trunk show there nice. I mean the the exact same thing as the other yucca mocs just hi's. I bet if union gets them which I think they will they will have the cheapest price cause when they had the first yucca mocs they were cheaper then everyone else. And when they had the hockneys this summer they were like $550 which was way cheaper then every other stores price

Btw. Does anyone know if there are any black/black grizzlies due out again? Def not feeling the salmon joints. And am not totally interested in either brown. The navy joints are a possibility but I really want those black ones that came out last season.

Im not an expert but the 3 L is heavier/thicker and feels so. Im not sure if it makes it warmer and im sure there are no differences in water proofness. Im just suprised because as far as i am aware all Visvim AW is always 3 and likewise SS is 2.5L Maybe someone else could shed some light on this?

The ogala parka was the only 3l I remember for this fall. 2.5 l is less warmer and the 3l has way cooler insides such as back in the day it would have different color taping now a days for the 3l they use a dope checkered pattern that is a grayish color. Basically the 3l are warmer and have a cooler looking inside. There is no difference between the two in the water proofing that's for sure they will both keep you as dry. I just want 3l if I'm buying gortex

When the totem comes on 3l it has a crazy patterns that took visvim alot of trial and error to figure out the totem 3l are the dopest water proof jacket I have seen for sure. They done I believe two versions I have the first one and has a crazy pattern that gotten would not do so hiroki came up with something called a kamatsu siren film which works the same way

i am quite ignorant regarding goretex technology, but to me it is not supposed to keep you warm but dry. I always wondered if adding several layers wont defeat the purpose of getting rid of the sweat ? I am sure it is even more wind and water proof from the outside. I also read that goretex tends to loose its properties with wear...maybe adding layers will allow to slow this ?

maybe we should ask in the urban techwear thread, someone there might know better.

You are defeating the purpose of goretex' breathability by wearing something like cotton or non technical underneath.

It acts like a sponge and keeps water and heat in.

Wool on the other hand is a good natural isolator and also wicks of sweat and heat away from the body. A wool shirt or sweater and some good merino underwear will work in winter.

But a cotton shirt and underwear will make you cold. Then the deckhand or any other filled jacket will do a better job

Gore-Tex Pro Shell is a "3-Layer" product. The 3 layers are: 1-Outer "Shell" layer, generally a nylon of sorts. 2-Inner "Gore-Tex Pro Shell" waterproof/breathable membrane, and 3-Inner "liner" fabric, for Pro-Shell it's usually a product called Gore Micro Grid Backer or something similar meant to wick moisture away from your body and start the transfer process. All 3 of these layers are laminated into essentially 1 layer. So, even though it says it's a 3 layer, it feels like 1.

Gore-Tex Performance Shell is usually a "2-Layer" product. The 2 layers are: 1-Outer shell layer, and 2-Gore-Tex membrane laminated to the outer shell, Then there's a thin inner liner that not laminated to the outer/membrane layers.

Gore-Tex Paclite Shell is sometimes referred to as a 2.5 layer. It's got an outer shell layer that has a special Gore-Tex membrane laminated to it. The membrane in this case has been designed to be worn directly against your skin/clothes so an additional inner layer isn't needed.