Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

i could be wrong, but i believe what hiroki is wearing in that pic (last page) are not grizzly boots. the trunk show for ss13 just finished here in sendai and there were no samples of the grizzly. there was however another boot (the name doesn't come to mind at the moment) which is what i think hiroki is wearing. it's possible that there will be a grizzly boot in the ss13 release, but again, there was no sample at the show. the 7-holes however (beginning of Feb. release) will definitely be the big seller i think. it's a toss-up between burgundy leather bottom/olive nylon upper and the beige suede bottom/greyish-green nylon upper...both amazing.

visvim Opens F.I.L. Flagship Store in Singapore

After recently having opened a second store in Hong Kong, Japanese brand visvim continues its expansion outside of their home country and gets ready to open a new flagship store in Singapore.

Run by the Surrender crew, the new F.I.L. store will be located inside the Raffles Hotel arcade, just like their own store, and will open its doors to the public on July 28, 2012.

The newest F.I.L. features antique parquet flooring made from aged timber,

and pure white walls reminiscent of a laboratory. A full-size vintage bar

counter from centuries past adds the finishing touches to a space that

reflects visvim’s characteristic design aesthetic and philosophy.

In conjunction with the grand opening, F.I.L. SINGAPORE will stock overseas

F.I.L. exclusive items, including a new YUCCA MOC-FOLK with a premium UK

cowhide suede upper and SKAGWAY LO 2-TONE featuring a combination of custom

spun Social Sculpture Denim and premium fabricated Giza corduroy upper

material.

F.I.L. Singapore Store by visvim

328 North Bridge Road, Raffles Hotel Arcade,

#01-33, Singapore 188719

tel: +66-6337-9390

visvim-fil-flagship-store-singapore-1-630x420.jpg

http://www.highsnobi...e-in-singapore/

you can see it better here

visvim-study-practice-exhibition-2012-hong-kong-recap-00.jpg

really wonder how he could bear wearing 3 layers like that in HK last week...same thing when I was in HK 3 weeks ago, the guy running FIL was dressed like it was winter.

Edited by emixam

Many time i have almost bought Visvim stuff only one thing always let's me think about it that is Made in China.

Yes i know Visvim always use unique and wonderful or rare material to make their stuff but the wage in China is very cheap as 1 dollar per hours, so why do they sale made in China product in luxury price?

would you explain me?

I expect i would get the advice that make me purchase these thing that i'm obsessed with it but i'm considered about the price such as Paying 1000 US or more for Visvim virgil or 500 or more for Visvim sneaker.

Please kindly to me.

I'm so curious about this i don't want to discredit Visvim due to i really like this brand.

yeah man it's either pricing or the "made in" topics, over and over again

yea me too think the prices are high, but that what you pay if you are buying quality luxury good.

yea sometimes i don't get why it is made in china, but if you like it, buy! i assure you whether it is made in china or japan or italy or france, they are still high quality visvim products.

Edited by ummmm.

correct me if im wrong, but made in china items are mostly their shoes. all my vis tees, shirts, jackets are all made in japan.

but ... before you're happy with your MADE IN ITALY products .. read this >> http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

those italian factories are owned by chinese businessman and the workers are chinese people.

Edited by seven.homme

correct me if im wrong, but made in china items are mostly their shoes. all my vis tees, shirts, jackets are all made in japan.

but ... before you're happy with your MADE IN ITALY products .. read this >> http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

those italian factories are owned by chinese businessman and the workers are chinese people.

good article, and yeah only items i am seeing with made in china are shoes, still does not mean Hiroki cant have oversight and quality control, there are good things made there believe it or not. It is obvious he has great quality footwear coming from China because to me all the goodyear welted shoes are my favorites and rival any brands quality.

And any of their button down shirts like the IT models are also made in Italy as well, the rest pretty much all Japan. So people complaining just dont know about what they are too scared or too cheap to buy.

shoes made in china backpacks made in china everything else japan italy or france, i asked hiroki this himself at a trunk show and he told me the factory that is in china for the shoes, everyone he has working in there has the skill of a experienced cobbler, some of the workers from japan some from china. He also told me that for the handmade shit the products come from several places around the world, the goodyear welt comes from one place, the vibram soles come from another and what leather or suede he decides to go with comes from yet another, so when your making shoes where materials have to comes from three different parts he said he saves by having the factory in china and having experienced cobblers work there, or else the shoes would be more then they are. this is what i was told when i asked him the question about three years ago. hope that helps

i have a ss12 blue patrician 9.5 i need to move $800 shipped anywhere in the world, which is the cheapest i have ever seen them go for if anyone is interested hit me

Hi to all,

i want to order Grizzly boots from the FW12 collection light brown color, so far i ve seen only two pictures from Overdope and samplekickz online shop,color in both sources are different, I like the session of the overdope but the photos of the samplekickz makes you wonder, Is this the color that I need. Maybe someone seen these boots in life, and help me determine which of the photographs is closer to reality?

P.S. Sorry for my english

http://overdope.com/upload/20120720185433_1_.jpeg

http://www.samplekickz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/grizzly12aw.jpg