Help With Streaks After Washing Indigo Denim....

element02

I have a pair of Banana Republic selvage jeans. I washed them inside out in cold water on the gentle cycle. When I pulled them out to dry, I noticed a couple of streaks or fade marks on one leg. What can I do to even this out, wash them in warm or hot water, soak for a period of time or get some dye and touch up the streaks?

Thanks

Why do I get the impression you're about to be flamed to hell and back? ;)

There's not much you can do about it, AFAIA. Denim fades, and creases or bits of the jeans that get more abrasion will fade faster. This is viewed by most people as a good thing - the jeans will develop markings that reflect the way you wear them to become a one-of-a-kind.

it's pretty funny watching you newbs destroy a dude on a forum just to get props

amen

if he wants to wear BR jeans he can wear BR jeans. not everyone has the cash to blow on nudie and samurai.

if they are streaked they are streaked, your best bet would just to let it be. the more you consistently wear them withconfidence the less the streak will be a problem. and if you keep on wearing those streaks with pride. youll get some props walkin down the street, "hey dude, sweet fucking streaks."

keep on keepin it real

it's pretty funny watching you newbs destroy a dude on a forum just to get props

no shit. no need to act like you are king shit because you got your first pair of nudies or apc's. jeans are jeans. banana republic makes decent clothing.

this prob. happened when you dried your jeans. the drier will throw them all around and sometimes they get stuck in one position and then it gets abrasion marks. there isn't anything you can do about it.

to prevent that you can just soak the jeans and then hang dry or wash in the machine and then hang dry. it would be a lot easier to prevent this by washing with lots of other clothes but your clothes would dye blue.