UNION Los Angeles – Updates & Info

UNION

A little history about the store..

Union first opened its doors in NYC in 1989, followed shortly after by the Los Angeles chapter, which is now the only remaining door. Our concept is simple we walk the line of fashion and function. We like to offer functional clothing that has subtle fashion sensibilities.

It is our opinion that most fashion designers/brands will offer design which makes for clothing that is more costumey. On the other hand functional clothing is boring and uninspiring. We find brands that mix both worlds giving our customers more freedom to express themselves without looking like they are playing dress-up.

We’ve always tried to keep an element of the store where we give young up and coming designers a place to showcase and sell their goods. As a direct outcome, we have become a store that has “broken†many brands here in America, of which most have gone on to great commercial success.

…and while we are always searching for “the newâ€, we also have a sturdy foundation of tried and true brands that we have strong long standing relationships with. We feel that although we are looked at as trend setters, we never carry clothing in here that is “trendy.â€

Our current product mix is the strongest it has ever been.

Brands we currently carry

Acronym

Anachronorm

Anonymous Ism

Bedwin

Books & Music

C+

Carhartt

CdG HOMME

CdG Play

CdG Shirt

CdG Perfume

Chup Socks

CJ Free

Clicloc

Eastland

F.O.G.

Felco

Folk

FUCT

Junya Watanbe by CdG

Ligne Blanche

March LA.B

Mark McNairy

Miansai

Moncler V

Nami

Neighborhood

Oliver Peoples

Original Fake

Parabellum

Phosphorescence

Pigalle Hats

Post O' Alls

Richardson

Roberu

Sacai

Shoestripes

Sneeze Magazine

Sophnet.

Sperry

Stone Island

Strivers Row & Co.

Super Eyewear

Tantum

TEN C

U.S. Alteration

Uniform Experiment

Visvim

Wtaps

New brands arriving for Fall/Winter 2012

Cash Ca

LUKER

Adam Kimmel

Thom Browne

Monsieur Lacenaire

Orley

for those of you who have been our long time supporters, customers, and friend, we thank you. for those unfamiliar with our store, welcome! our knowledge of the product is available for everyone and we are glad to share that. we will also be keeping everyone updated on new events/projects and product coming out of our store.

feel free to ask us any questions or thoughts.

Stay Tuned!

Webstore

Blog

Tumblr

Facebook

Twitter

Edited by UNION

always loved union. went back recently after years of not going and the place has really grown. really classic timeless pieces, i want everything in the shop. i remember years back when you guys would have the wall of shirts, and were the first to carry lines that inspired most of what we see today.

now just bring back one of those backyard sales! i remember coming up on some incredible deals.

always loved union. went back recently after years of not going and the place has really grown. really classic timeless pieces, i want everything in the shop. i remember years back when you guys would have the wall of shirts, and were the first to carry lines that inspired most of what we see today.

now just bring back one of those backyard sales! i remember coming up on some incredible deals.

The lines we carry have definitely majored over the years but still sticking to our roots. We want to be able to offer a bit of something for everyone.

As for another backyard sale.... there may be something much BIGGER in the works. Stay tuned!

My favorite retail space, not only for the lines they carry, but because of the people that work there. I remember one time when I was down at college in SoCal I went there with my fam and Gibbs overheard my dad ask me why a Visvim shirt cost so much money. He came over and had a 30 minute conversation with my parents about the company. He wasn't even trying to sell them a product, but rather give them an understanding of why I was so infatuated with Visvim products. I'm not sure if it changed their opinion at all, but I just thought it was cool for a store owner to take that time to just talk about a brand they believe in. One of the few things I miss about SoCal. Keep it up Gibbs and crew.

I know, cool story bro.

lets get those sales going

We are going on sale today in stores and online tomorrow afternoon. Select items will be marked down 30%....

Don't sleep!!!

Welcome to Superfuture.

Who's running the Union Sufu account? Ryan?

what hell? arent the blog and emails enough?

...this will be a "how the wash" / "any smalls left" thread.

Hopefully not but I will gladly answer them. This is just another way to get more in touch with the community.

We are using this as another outlet to talk to people and get a dialogue going on questions whether about the product knowledge or anything related to us in any way or form.

• 2 weeks later...

i hope you guys don't get into trouble with the mods for advertising on sufu.

i first visited the LA store in 2003. i think i bought a SILAS shirt. one of my favorite stores in the US.

Herp, this is a legit sponsored thread.

greetings. sorry to be the first guy to kick off the "are there any smalls left" discussion, but...

how often do you receive size 5 in visvim products? you guys have a better selection than bergdorf so i'd rather shop with you.

We generally get 5's in most of every piece we order. There are occasions that Visvim does not offer that size which can generally mean that the size 4 fits big.

Its the end of the season now so we won't be receiving any more Visvim till end of August beginning September. Sizing is always limited especially for a size 5. I will definitely let you know once we do receive in that particular size.

I can also check for you what we currently have now and get back to you.

Do you guys mark up the sale higher than 30% if it doesnt sell?

Do you guys mark up the sale higher than 30% if it doesnt sell?

For now.. there are no plans for a second mark down.

When are you getting your first Thom Browne shipment?

I'm making my way to LA in sept

We will be receiving our first shipment of Thom Browne the beginning of August.

Swing by.. Im sure we will have more items by then.

Bought my deckhand jacket from you guys couple weeks ago and been wearing them almost everyday.

Ive been looking for the burgundy one for a while and such a perfect timing with the sale thing.

I guess my only comment is just, as part of customer service some store offer free shipping for product (mostly) above $500.

I remember i bought visvim candle from this european store and they gave me free shipping !

I know different stores different policies etc, but i guess that could be be a good deal to attract more overseas buyers ..

Just saying

Edited by seven.homme