what you wish you were doing when you were 13 years old?

• 3 months later...

getting better grades instead of skating and listening to punk rock.

It's the opposite for me. Junior high was so easy, I should've just laid back relaxed back when school didn't require any effort and focused on developing meaningful relationships with my peers instead. Of course now that I realize the importance of this, I'm swamped every day with AP physics, chemistry, and calculus and I can never really see my friends outside of classes

i'm pretty happy with how my life's been going in the past few years, though, so fuck it

at 12, i had to answer a question for like 6th grade yearbook: what will you be doing in 15 years?

i answered: headbanger

THEY changed it to: member of heavy metal band

my best friend answered: sitting at home bored and depressed

THEY changed it to: lawyer

i wish i'd gone to that quicksand show at city gardens (near miss) and that nirvana show (same venue iirc) right before nevermind.

i think i did 13 pretty good

skateboarding all the time

being mean to girlfriends (maybe i should have been more of a sleaze)

went to lots of hardcore and punk shows (lucky to have an awesome venue in walking distance)

played bass in a garage band (basement shows and divebars)

avoided drugs (a good idea at that age, i think)

i guess i could have been nicer to my parents

but that's not really cool to do at that age

maybe could have applied myself in school more

but that would have cut into hanging out

tl;dr concept

but yeah

It's the opposite for me. Junior high was so easy, I should've just laid back relaxed back when school didn't require any effort and focused on developing meaningful relationships with my peers instead. Of course now that I realize the importance of this, I'm swamped every day with AP physics, chemistry, and calculus and I can never really see my friends outside of classes

i'm pretty happy with how my life's been going in the past few years, though, so fuck it

AP isn't really that hard man. you only need like a 50% or some bullshit to get a 5. pro tip, you can get a 5 on the bc calc test pretty much just with AB knowledge.

but yeah, i agree with you on the first point. why the fuck i took school so seriously when it was so easy is beyond me.

AP isn't really that hard man. you only need like a 50% or some bullshit to get a 5. pro tip, you can get a 5 on the bc calc test pretty much just with AB knowledge.

but yeah, i agree with you on the first point. why the fuck i took school so seriously when it was so easy is beyond me.

yeah it's not terribly hard, it's just the sheer volume of work that's taking up all my time. everybody i knew who were in ap and graduated last year got all 5s

• 1 month later...

wish i would of had some sort of dream career or at least had an idea of what i wanted to do when i got my age.

i always skipped out on those what do you want to do/where do you want to be in x amount of years essays because i never knew and i still don't know.

but i did enjoy years and years of skateboarding and good music. that was rad.

• 4 weeks later...

a can of mountain dew and a beef chimichanga cost around $2 when i was 13. with that, a daily allowance of $5 from the parents meant that i would net $15 for the weekend which was just spent on general bullshit like comic books, arcades, etc. wish i could've put it in an aggressive growth fund instead so i'd have more money now to spend on even more general bullshit.

i also remember stealing my sister's car to visit my cross-town girlfriend so that i could arrive at her place and we could freak before her parents got home from work. strange times.

Edited by deafmetal