wheres a really good place to eat in the soho/ noho area

adsurgo

ive been to so many shitty and/ or overpriced retaurants everytime im in this area. tomorrow im going to be around there with my girlfriend and i want to go somewhere with really good food. it doesnt have to be super nice or extravagant, just has to have good food. anywhere with a decent price is awesome as well. help me out here.

ive been to so many shitty and/ or overpriced retaurants everytime im in this area. tomorrow im going to be around there with my girlfriend and i want to go somewhere with really good food. it doesnt have to be super nice or extravagant, just has to have good food. anywhere with a decent price is awesome as well. help me out here.

yeah, chinatown is right there.

or you can walk east and eat some good japanese food.

if you MUST eat in soho, then i suggest spice market. nice place to take your girl.

Cafe Borgia is nice, good sandwiches and stuff, I also think they have pasta and some other food. its on Spring st. right off Thompson.

one I'd suggest even more is Vesuvio Bakery, its a really small old coffee shop run by a very loud older woman that calls everybody honey. We had lunch there and it was awesome, great food and funny service. also great for breakfast, I'm definately going again. its on Prince st. between w. broadway and thompson. they also sell their own bread which people seemed to buy a lot, supposedly its very good too.

theres also a good sandwich place that sells sushi and stuff on Broadway but I cant remember the name :P

I'm glad so many people love Chinatown.

I've pretty muuch grown up there, and it is the only part of New York that I honestly truly Love.

There are about 4 $4 (yes, four dollars) buffets in Chinatown.

They are all as good as $20 eats.

Walk around and see which one finds you.

I've eaten at Balthazar (I think that's how you spell it) a few times and was really impressed by their seafood dishes. If you're into fish, give it a shot, they have tons of options, although it is a bit pricey (I'd estimate $20-25 per plate which isn't bad for NYC standards). Very cool atomosphere just be sure to wear a jacket and call ahead for reservations.

http://newyorkmetro.com/restaurants/cheapeats/2006/18479/

new york magazine just did a feature on 101 cheap restaurants in nyc. although the list includes places in four of the five boroughs, there are quite a few downtown options mentioned.

lombardi's on spring street is a pretty good option, imo.

Go to Joe Shanghai in Chinatown (Pell and Mott) and eat some soup dumplings, also called xiao long paos. Tasty.

I also like this Japanese grocery story in Soho called Sunrise. Used to stop by to buy mochis, ramunes, and a bowl of tempura udon whenever I was in town.

Honmura An is a soba noodle shop on Mercer in Soho. It's across from the 45rpm store there.

Go to Joe Shanghai in Chinatown (Pell and Mott) and eat some soup dumplings, also called xiao long paos. Tasty.

I also like this Japanese grocery story in Soho called Sunrise. Used to stop by to buy mochis, ramunes, and a bowl of tempura udon whenever I was in town.

Honmura An is a soba noodle shop on Mercer in Soho. It's across from the 45rpm store there.

honmura ann serves amazing soba. i think their lunch combo is 15 bucks (or 20)

it's pretty expensive but i assure that their soba is as authentic as it gets

i saw hiroshi fujiwara there back in june

i have to put in another vote for honmura an. i ate there the last time i was in ny and it was amazing.

Fiamma Osteria

Lupa

Mercer Kitchen

Vatutto

Honmura An is definitely very good, but very overpriced.

• 1 year later...

Noho Star is decent. I've only had brunch/breakfast there. My friend who used to live right near there used to eat there a bunch and liked it though.