longboards are for dirty hippies and other unsavory types

am i right?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. am i right?

• yes, longboards are as bad as rollerblades
    • shut the fuck up

I managed a group of skateshops for a really long time, and still have some ties to the market. Sold literally thousands of skateboards and saw the rise of popularity of longboards, and I'm definitely in CMF/Fap's camp. It's really not the functionality of longboards that's in question, it's all aesthetics. Sidetracking a bit, I fucking HATE hearing people even making the distinction of "shortboards" and "longboards". I don't give a fuck if they are both skateboards technically. A skateboard is what CMF, Santos, BearCousin etc are talking about. Longboards can be called longboards or whatever, just don't give real skateboards a sub-name to try to put each on the same level, they just aren't. Skateboarding is inherently cool as fuck, longboarding is reserved for squares and frat boys, end of discussion. One of the owners of the shops I managed could never stand on a skateboard comfortably, and the other just didn't give a fuck, but he was a huge proponent of "longboarding" and researched every brand and technical detail possible, and tried to play it off like he was super into skateboarding still, even though he couldn't ever ollie or even push without a terrified look on his face. He also wore polyester polo shirts and goldtoe tube socks with his cargo shorts and Osiris D3's. Longboarding is a massive part of the skateboarding industry revenue-wise, that can't ever be debated, and that's good and fine. It's just as similar to skateboarding as boogie boarding is to surfing. Yeah, you're technically riding a wave still, but it's completely different in terms of level of skill/talent, style, aesthetics, culture and more. Longboarders will always be dorks, no questions asked.

All that being said, I've ridden a longboard before. And it's fun for a minute. And that's great. But it's still not skateboarding. It's just another razor scooter, or a snake-board, or whatever other hybrid-psuedo skateboard things fat 12 year old kids are riding these days.

As far as real skateboarding goes, I barely skate anymore. I got to the point with work/kids/life that I really couldn't take the time or feel like it was worth the tradeoff getting hurt and not being able to work to keep skating. Mad respect for those who do. I wanna skate miniramps so bad and am super envious of the older guys that can still get at it. But I'm also not wearing fucking skateboarding shoes and DC tee shirts anymore. And given all that, I'm still not gonna resort to riding a longboard cause I can't ride a real skateboard anymore. I'm not that old, that fat, or that slow yet, and really would rather just give it all up than limp along clinging to the romantic idea that being on 4 wheels on anything is better than nothing.

dude, I hate longboards. Every new student at ASU picks one up and acts like they're an expert after two days of riding. Then, they spend the rest of the year falling off and watching their board take out the ankles of unwitting pedestrians. That shit hurts! ... watching kids somersault into the pavement on a daily basis almost makes up for it though

GP8tiz8YKVw

Guest nowbaking

lol idgaf about any of it, i continue to type cause everyone gets butt hurt and serious n the rep ppl leave is fuckin hilarious. i skateboarded for like 6-7 years. i bought a longboard for something to do n cruise on the paths we have in my city. its fun.

everyone tries to bring heritage n pasttimes into everything now a days. its all foolish and retarded n the controversy behind topics on this forum are far too funny. k bye kook bag.

lol idgaf about any of it, i continue to type cause everyone gets butt hurt
go do your thing, which must be fapping cause u cant get any pussy on your little skateboard.
its a god damn internet forum. anyone with internet can post here.
cool story, hansel.
bunch of faggots on their skateboards in this thread. you guys type as if anyone cares what your opinion is.

cool story, hansel.

k bye kook bag.

cool story...hansel?

5NoPDJArrXg

trust me you're gonna have a hard time explaining to anyone this is cool

Not to harsh you but this vid is the equivalent of a video of a guy popping shove its off of curbs and ollieing three stairs...

my bit on the thing is that there are some really bitch ass kids who ride longboards on campus who just have no idea what they're doing, but longboards are still fun to cruise on sunny days. there's a lot of stuff I could do on a longboard that I just wouldn't have the balls to do on a skateboard just because of the inherent differences between the two, like bombing a hill like this:

kkviQ41u0eQ

doing this would be fun as fuck. i think he clocks in the mid 30s, maybe even ~40 mph in a few parts. if you can do that on a skateboard then u sir have a 12 inch penis

lol idgaf about any of it, i continue to type cause everyone gets butt hurt and serious n the rep ppl leave is fuckin hilarious. i skateboarded for like 6-7 years. i bought a longboard for something to do n cruise on the paths we have in my city. its fun.

everyone tries to bring heritage n pasttimes into everything now a days. its all foolish and retarded n the controversy behind topics on this forum are far too funny. k bye kook bag.

YO MAN HERITAGE IS DOPE.

I LOVE FOREVER 21

5NoPDJArrXg

trust me you're gonna have a hard time explaining to anyone this is cool

hahaha... these dudes are from here. i cant talk any shit on them because duval board company donated a real skateboard deck to my contest a week ago.

but longboarding is still lame, even if one or two of the guys doing it are cool.

So, my old room mate (who in himself is a total fucking tool) has 2 of his friends come out from Indianapolis to LA. I had a bad taste about them from the beginning because they were all like, "INDY PRIDE!!" but even still, that's forgivable. THEN, my room mate starts talking about how they're real into "boarding" and at first I thought that was some lame Midwest slang or something, so when the kids got out there I took them to supreme. It was at that point I learned what they meant was long boarding... So these mother fuckers drag me along the whole fucking way to long beach where they go to this mad sketch warehouse that reeks of reefers and trustafarians, and they buy these ridiculous (I'm talking $5-600) long boards, and we drive up to Venice and I watch these clowns long boarding at the home of skating. It was funny, and they all sucked.

Not to harsh you but this vid is the equivalent of a video of a guy popping shove its off of curbs and ollieing three stairs...

my bit on the thing is that there are some really bitch ass kids who ride longboards on campus who just have no idea what they're doing, but longboards are still fun to cruise on sunny days. there's a lot of stuff I could do on a longboard that I just wouldn't have the balls to do on a skateboard just because of the inherent differences between the two, like bombing a hill like this:

kkviQ41u0eQ

doing this would be fun as fuck. i think he clocks in the mid 30s, maybe even ~40 mph in a few parts. if you can do that on a skateboard then u sir have a 12 inch penis

ntcuKDuzOI0

jump to one minute

Saw a longboarder at UCLA eat shit going down a 4 story incline at Royce drive.. couldn't make the turn on time at the bottom and went head first into a parked van. He laid face down on the ground for atleast 10 seconds before people went to help him. Now they have a fence in the same spot where he crashed.

No longboards for me.