cheapmuthafukr

longboards are for dirty hippies and other unsavory types

am i right?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. am i right?

• yes, longboards are as bad as rollerblades
    • shut the fuck up

Yes it does.

I know plenty of people who ride longboards, but I would not call them skateboarders.

Longboards are really lame. If you want to bomb hill or cruise, that's fine, but get a short cruiser board. Everyone knows this.

Long or short, what's the difference to you? Why should people get a short cruiser if that's all they want to do? Longboard wheels are bigger than skate wheels, therefore you can cruise further and faster with less effort. They have less rolling resistance. You won't get killed if you happen to hit a few small rocks on the road, which is a hazard with small wheels. Without longboard trucks or at least risers, those wheels won't even fit because you'll get wheelbite. I've found that the standard longboard trucks (Randal R-IIs, and now Paris, the better-looking version) can turn sharper than standard shortboard trucks.

For bombing, longboard trucks are bigger, wider, and more stable. They're designed for it. There are also longboards strictly designed to be stable at very high speeds. Sure you could bomb huge hills with a shortboard, I've seen a kid manual an entire hill on one. But you're probably a lot less likely to kill yourself doing it on a longboard.

It's like you're saying people should only ride shortboards because it's what's considered 'cool'. So please, explain.

Guest nowbaking

just copped this bamboo arbor

287351_1517597297077_1148820319_31596201_6629054_o.jpg

4 year old thread resurrected. go.

i bet you push mongo huh?

everyone i ever see on a longboard pushed mongo.

When I lived in the south I would see hot CWG beezies longboarding barefoot through charleston. Seemed like the only acceptable way.

Guest nowbaking
i bet you push mongo huh?

everyone i ever see on a longboard pushed mongo.

everyone i ever see on a skateboard pushed mongo... its why i switched to longboarding, so i could push NOT mongo.

when will these skate-nerds learn? :o

XfilesX - "Long Boards Are Wrong Boards"

Phish and skateboarding is an oxymoron.

A rolling disgrace. A slap in the face.

A fucking eyesore.

I clench my fists because you take no risks.

You wear berkenstocks so you can't do tricks.

Should've stuck to hacky sack.

When I look at you my eyes roll back. You're a fucking joke.

I'm glad I'm not alone in the hatred.

Honestly, 90% of those who skate anything but regular boards are posers. Where I'm from anyway.

WTF is this poser? I started riding skateboards for when there was no surf, ended up getting a 20 year old homemade piece of fibre glass with wheels attached and now ride a mini-longboard(loaded ceviche) because it's more like surfing than riding a trick board.

Guest nowbaking

so is naming yourself off a kid on an internet forum but hey who am i to judge, right.....? go do your thing, which must be fapping cause u cant get any pussy on your little skateboard. leave the bitchez to us long boarders. LOL

I was in Savannah a couple months ago and we were loitering somewhere, smoking and whatnot.

This one long boarder comes around a corner, cruises for a second, and then starts pushing mongo all crazy. We laugh because we usually mock people that push mongo. 5 sec later another one, same thing. then again. like 6 people came by us like 50 yards apart from one another and they all pushed mongo. I have never seen anyone not push mongo on a longboard. I thought that was gonna be the day, but no.

I have all types of skateboards

I even have a longboard, but it has offroad tires on it so i can bomb dirt hills and get hurt

anyways... from a strictly aesthetic point of view, skateboarding is much better than longboarding. it just LOOKS cooler. im sure that for some people longboarding is better, easier to get around on, easier to go fast on, etc... but, those are not the type of people i would expect to post on this site.

also, i started skateboarding during a time when it was underground. a true subculture i guess... and i take offense when people who have nothing to do with it claim it as their own. longboards have nothing to do with the skateboarding that i have lived and loved for 20 years.

Guest nowbaking

oh just stfu about this "not the type of ppl i would expect to post on this site" its a god damn internet forum. anyone with internet can post here.

in the end were all men riding around on a board with wheels. pretty not cool to most, but i dont care. amen and hallelujah.

back to the original topic now plz. k.

I have a longboard to get around. it's really convenient where I live, and I don't identify with the skating culture that much (you'll never see me wearing supreme for example). I've never run into anyone even on campus during crowded class times and I just love bombing hills.

Guest nowbaking

santos, hes doing the matrix, he came back onto his board after that... can we all relax now?

to domdomdom who neg repped me, yes i know his name isnt faptronic, hes cheepmfr. was a joke, get it now? damn.

so is naming yourself off a kid on an internet forum but hey who am i to judge, right.....? go do your thing, which must be fapping cause u cant get any pussy on your little skateboard. leave the bitchez to us long boarders. LOL

Oh good heavens.

Guest nowbaking
Oh good heavens.

go to the religion thread.

yooo shut up. i thought u longboarders were supposed to be chill, sheeshh!

Guest nowbaking

haploid, if you learned to read then u would know im aware what his original name is. read up a few comments.

over n out.

Honestly you're probably doing the worst job of sarcasm detection of anybody. You're just extremely annoying.

haploid, if you learned to read then u would know im aware what his original name is. read up a few comments.

over n out.

walking-away.gif

Man-Walk-Away-His-Back-To-You.gif?et=%2CVEeV6CjjtLLAKPhyWax7w&nmid=0

Guest nowbaking
Honestly you're probably doing the worst job of sarcasm detection of anybody. You're just extremely annoying.

cool story, hansel. move along now kid.

293.jpg

shoutout to the longboard bros!!