longboards are for dirty hippies and other unsavory types

am i right?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. am i right?

• yes, longboards are as bad as rollerblades
    • shut the fuck up

90% of the longboarders have no business on any sort of mobile board. pushing mongo and shit, doing the heisman every time they push off. pushing like the concrete is hot lava... you know what i'm talking about.

you seriously had me rolling there with that mental image :D i know the look all too well

i haven't cut my hair since I started longboarding seriously. I shower just as often but wash my hair less. And got a huge gong, and I collect crystals and Buddhas. My shoe collection consists of colorful hightops. Most of which have holes in the sole. And I stopped wearing slim jeans. And tattooed a bigass crop circle on my chest. Fuck it.

you can push mongo on a longboard just fine. you don't have to reposition your foot to ollie. footbraking mongo in dangerous over about 20mph because the back end of the deck is where wobs come from, so you don't want your weight there when going fast. it might look newbish to discriminatory skateboarders, but pushing with both feet equally is how you get the furthest the fastest with the least amount of effort. plus, then you get equal wear on your flip flops.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

it's serious.

Seriously though we saw this video in the editing bay and almost every single one of us thought it was too much. Then we figured, hey, screw it, it's youtube and no one is going to see it / care anyway... let's move on.

Which we did. Then it was posted in tw skateboarding (dont think those guys ever even posted picture of a longboard before that) then the venom video then then then.

In hind sight, should have just re-edited it before release.

• 9 months later...

I was on a team build with my department yesterday, we toured a few shops and had some samples etc.

One of the kids from another area of my department rode his skateboard to work, I thought 'if he can bring his I'm bringing mine'...

We get to Brooklyn and he kept pushing mongo and kicking his board out making pretend he was going for a "hardflip" in front of everyone from work, then he kept making excuses like "well his (mine) is easier to ride than mine because of the wheels" and talking about how he just wanted to ride his BMX bike instead

Then trying to ride mine and almost falling over because he's used to having his trucks tightened until the bushings crack "for speed".

I walked into some skateshop thinking he wasn't watching me and I turn around to him saying "I'm the only one with a zero board here, they don't even carry zero" then assuring everyone that his zero board was well over $120

Then he topped it all off by saying "I'm just going to get a longboard soon"

I was on a team build with my department yesterday, we toured a few shops and had some samples etc.

One of the kids from another area of my department rode his skateboard to work, I thought 'if he can bring his I'm bringing mine'...

We get to Brooklyn and he kept pushing mongo and kicking his board out making pretend he was going for a "hardflip" in front of everyone from work, then he kept making excuses like "well his (mine) is easier to ride than mine because of the wheels" and talking about how he just wanted to ride his BMX bike instead

Then trying to ride mine and almost falling over because he's used to having his trucks tightened until the bushings crack "for speed".

I walked into some skateshop thinking he wasn't watching me and I turn around to him saying "I'm the only one with a zero board here, they don't even carry zero" then assuring everyone that his zero board was well over $120

Then he topped it all off by saying "I'm just going to get a longboard soon"

he sounds like a startup bro

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...