The Myers Briggs Mystery Club

timber

I've been in a dark place with no internet, but now my beautiful list is updated.

Lab - my anime club is still alive, but only in my heart. The one I ran at university failed miserably after a few months. The thread I started met a swift and friendless end. It looks like the world just isn't ready for something so truly awesome.

Edited by timber

ENFP

• slightly expressed extravert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • distinctively expressed feeling personality
  • moderately expressed perceiving personality

Other ENFPs:

Fidel Castro

Muammar Gadaffi

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Jerry Seinfeld

• 9 months later...

INFP: Introververt 11%, intuitive 12%, feeling 50%, perceiving 22%.

Definitely enjoyed taking this. It's funny. In high school I broke tests like this for the most part. I would manage somehow to score zeros where I was supposed to be positive or negative, be between "character types" when multiple characters were presented, etc.

Looking back, I think a PSAT told me to become a cabinet maker, and I dismissed that as incredibly silly. This was a mistake, and I can say with certainty rose from a sense of elitism that is incredibly unattractive in a person. I thought I was "better" than that job. Now that seems like an incredibly enjoyable job prospect. I'd get to work with my hands every day and make beautiful, useful objects.

ENFP:

moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)

distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)

moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)

slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

Apparently social sciences was a career match for me. That's cool cuz I'm majoring in Anthropology right now.

Edited by kelleydenham

Thanks for rebooting this thread -- I love it.

A good way to ensure the test results are correct (they aren't always) is to compare the cognitive functions of your type to your own personality. The Wikipedia pages for each type break it down very simply, if you want to check it out.

Extroverted Sensing (Se) vs. Introverted Sensing (Si)

Se: Experiencing the immediate context; taking action in the physical world; noticing changes and opportunities for action; accumulating experiences; scanning for visible reactions and relevant data; recognizing "what is."

Si: Reviewing past experiences; "what is" evoking "what was"; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognizing the way things have always been.

Extroverted Intuition (Ne) vs. Introverted Intuition (Ni)

Ne: Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change "what is" for "what could possibly be"; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.

Ni: Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing "what will be"; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.

Extroverted Thinking (Te) vs. Introverted Thinking (Ti)

Te: Segmenting; organizing for efficiency; systematizing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters; deciding if something is working or not. Sorting out different colors and styles; thinking about the consequences.

Ti: Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision. Analyzing your options using principles like comfort.

Extroverted Feeling (Fe) vs. Introverted Feeling (Fi)

Fe: Connecting; considering others and the group-organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting to and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others. Considering what would be appropriate for the situation:

Fi: Valuing; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.

INTJ

• slightly expressed introvert
  • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed thinking personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality

I'm also an INTJ but gotta be honest with you guys the various myers briggs personality inventories and type indicator are complete bullshit and a remnant of early personality psychology that no longer has much value or validity in the field. It's now largely in the domain of pop psych and fun speculation about your "true self" (also complete bullshit lol).