Cooper Handmade Leather Goods

spy

acBen.jpg

Hi sufuers, my name is Glenn. I'm a leathercrafter.

I've been crafting for almost two years now, and in this time I've learned the time honored art of leatherworking. I've acquired skills through learning with experienced crafters and through trial and error.

Leathercrafting is a kind of funny art, because it's not all that hard to make something, but to be able to make a great looking, quality piece of work that is clean and polished is something that only time can bring. Learning the perfect stitch, the right leathers to use and the best style of seams for a piece is what separates a beginner from an experienced crafter. I'll never call myself a "master craftsman", because I honestly believe that leatherworking is one of those skills that never quite plateaus. I learn new things with each piece I make, and each consecutive wallet, bag and belt only come out better than the last.

Another thing that comes with time in crafting is access. To gain access to the best tanneries in the world, you have to have a product and the drive to convince them to sell to you. Great tanneries don't want their leather being used on junk pieces, because they value the material that they work so hard to produce.

Luckily, due to persisitence and improvements in my work, I've gained access to some of the best tanneries such as Horween, S.B. Foot (Red wing's own tannery) and Wickett+Craig. I'm able to offer some of the leather that the best products in the world are made from, such as Red Wing boots, Wolverine boots, Aero jackets and even Louis Vuitton (Wickett and craig tans their leather for US made bags!). Using the best leather ensures not only a great looking piece, but a long lasting one, which is something I strive to provide.

Everything produced in my in-home workshop is 100% handsewn (like, needle and thread), hand cut and handmade. No templates are used; every piece is unique in its own way. No two pieces will ever be exactly the same.

So enough BS, what do I make?

Wallets

098jR.jpg

My two standard wallet designs are the trifold and billfold wallets. Trifolds feature four card slots (two of them bulk slots) standard and a bill slot, where billfolds feature a standard six card slots and a bill slot. Neither is too thick with my standard Wickett+Craig veg tanned leather, allowing a comfortable fit in your pocket.

Both wallets start at $80 shipped

Also available are more complex custom wallets. Anything you can think, I can make!

HCMXz.jpg

Two custom wallets

Bags

Now, a lot of leathercrafters make wallets. It's probably the most popular thing that we're sought out for.

I'm known for my bags.

Neff3.jpg

xbzJP.jpg

A handsewn leather bag is nearly impossible to find on the market, because it takes so goddamn long. I speak with a lot of leathercrafters over on Superfuture, and time after time, each time I post a bag, i receive great comments from the guys, applauding my patience and skill in creating exceptionally well designed baggage.

My standard bag, the Courier Satchel is shown in the above two images. It features front and back document sleeves, a solid brass under-handle reinforcing bar and any combination of top quality, hard to find leathers. The first features Black Cherry featherstone leather from SB foot, paired with Horween veg-tanned horse butt. The second features Cigar Featherstone leather paired with Wickett+Craig tooling and saddle cowhides.

This bag represents almost two years of designing and redesigning to produce the most efficient, long lasting and great looking bag. The design is made to be very solid and structured, yet easy to use and not too heavy. Most of these bags weigh under 4lbs.

They are available from $450 for a 15x12x5 bag. Price changes dependent on the size and leather types chosen.

A lot like wallets, if you're more inclined to ordering a custom bag, I can accommodate that too! Whatever you're looking for, I can make.

gFzJt.jpg

Horween chromexcel satchel with two front pockets and a rear document sleeve. Two internal pockets, one main compartment.

Belts

1r6FJ.jpg

I've recently switched over to exclusively using Wickett+ Craig leather for my standard leather belt.

Standard belts feature a handsewn-on nickel roller buckle, 8-10oz wickett+craig natural skirting (dyeable to any color) and a hand-fastened leather keeper. Soon, I'll also be making available a whole spectrum of bridle and harness leathers from W+C, but more to come on that later.

Standard belts are $55 shipped

Anything else

Really, if you need anything else, just ask. Theres a good chance I can make it.

Cell phone cases, tablet cases, laptop cases and even quivers for bass bows, I've made just about everything that one could want out of leather. Just let me know what you're looking for, and I can run a quote by you.

Referrals!

If you refer someone to my products (be it online or in person), make sure they tell me who referred them, because I'll give you a credit worth 10% of what they buy. If someone buys a $700 bag from me, you're getting $70 worth of merchandise for FREE.

Returns/exchanges

I wont accept returns, because often I turn whatever money I get from people into more material. However, if there's something wrong with your piece because of my own error, I'll gladly fix or replace it for free. I've fully remade bags for a few people because they weren't exactly what was expected.

If you make a mistake when ordering, or push my stuff too far (like, by stabbing it), I can't be held responsible for the error. I'll work with you to fix and repair stuff, but you will have to pay in this circumstance. It's easy to avoid. Make sure you measure what you need, make sure it's exactly what you want, and neither of us will have to worry about that. I don't like undoing seams to remake stuff, it weakens the leather and takes far too much time out of making other peoples stuff.

Contact

You can PM me through the forums, but I'd prefer if you email me at my business email cooperleatherworks AT gmail DOT com. That's also my paypal address.

Whenever sending payments please leave your forums name, a description of the piece your ordering and your address in the description. This saves me and you a lot of time, so I dont have to dig through PM's and emails and paypal transactions to find out what belongs to who. Dont make me do that, it sucks.

Feel free to check out my tumblr blog at http://cooperleather.tumblr.com , where I regularly post pictures of newest pieces, updates on availability, and anything else you might want to know.

Edited by spy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

sale bump

TqzTr.jpg

(one on the far right has been sold already)

Z2aKf.jpg

275, courier. no handle 16x12x6. peanut leather, black straps

J7DRn.jpg

325, courier with handle. 16x11x6. cigar featherstone leather, black straps.

fDKgF.jpg

325, courier with handle, 16x11x6. oro russet portage leather, natural straps.

as always, couriers featuring handles all have a metal bar under the handle for structural support. I recently switched to raw steel bars from brass bars for greater rigidity and lower weight. Also, all couriers feature a front and back sleeve with sewn over edge. They're great to hold a notebook, slim laptop or tablet.

all handsewn, solid copper rivets.

more pics

Jr1sG.jpg

sFYOc.jpg

Edited by spy