canada :: toronto :: general

ahk1979

Hey west!

I suggest you do come down to Toronto. Its got TONS of tourist attractions such as, the CN Tower, Air Canada Centre...This weekend theres the Caribana festival, its probably one of canadas Biggest tourist attractions..Tons and TONS of hot women from all over the world come and dance to Calypso, Reggae, dancehall...the list goes on..

If you want a place to relax go to lakeshore or the waterfront(the new one)...Great place to roller blade, chill out with the family and enjoy some music from our fellow torontonians..

Ive been to the states many times, but I always get homesick because Toronto has so much..We're considered Hollywood North because we've got shit loads of actors that come down to shoot films.. David Beckham is supposed to come soon also for the Toronto Fc game

Also, if you're into the nightlife, there are plenty of hot spots in the GTA such as Inside nightclub, Afterlife, Seven nightclub, Guvernment, Level, the docks..etc etc

Shit id be glad to be ur tour guide or something lol

Don't let this post discourage you. Toronto actually does have some good things here.

ahk1979 - what happened with your store?

everywhere. check klaxon&howl, delphic, sydney's, nomad etc.

too bad you missed the delphic sale on julian red selvage. they were down to like 200.

that newish place, nextdoor at queen and spadina carries some nice stuff too. but their brother store due west carries really wack shit. don't even bother with that place.

damn last time i was at klaxon&howl, they had some vintage vivienne westwood boots that i'm still having wet dreams about...

TNT is decent enough too, though some of their prices are ridiculously jacked. Due West has Nudies, but they're way, way, way overpriced.

I checked Nomad, who have some Imperial and APC, and TNT has a fair bit of APC, Cheap Monday, Julian Red and whatnot. But yeah, pricey; all their Ksubi denim was around $350. Not raw but still worth mentioning.

Over The Rainbow sometimes has decent stuff, but mostly it's all Diesel and shit like that.

why is klaxon&howl closing? i thought it was the brother store of delphic and they were both doing pretty well?

oh ya totally forgot holts has apc and earnest and other such gateway-denimsnob denim.

also delux boutique has some nice swedish stuff. but it's more female oriented stock.

and carte blanche for overpriced but fun nu-ravey steez.

is deluxe boutique the one beside sydneys or is it the one down the street with the so so def vinyl toys? if its that one, its pretty aweful for menwear.

crom, are you assuming were all suburbanites because i didnt know the name of klaxon? if so that pretty off base. why not school people on whats really going on instead of being a dummy?

oops. ya i didnt really learn the names of those places until i'd been properly going there for years. on queen st. its easy to just walking into stores without ever looking up. thats just a function of pedestrian shopping downtown, not a measure of whether people know 'what the city's all about'.

nesk you might be thinking of that sample store or kamikaze? deluxe carries vintage and swedish stuff. no toys.

If Klaxon Howl is closing, it's because they haven't moved a single piece of stock in a year, and their stuff is overpriced. ie. you can buy the same military boots they have on ebay for $30 bucks vs. $165+ They are the only place in the city who have Canes to my knowledge, so now might be a good time to pick some up. Nomad also carries denim by Wings & Horns, Corpus, and Nom De Guerre. That place beside Due West carries Acne. Noir has overpriced Dior. Sydney will cut and sew to fit from a variety of denims and the prices aren't as high as you'd think. The last time I spoke to him, he was finishing up a couple styles to have made and sell in store for around 200 I think.. The customs will cost around 300-400 from what I remember. FYI, he also does chainstich. Deluxe doesn't carry much denim, they do have a lot of 'junk de luxe' oddly enough...

I have to ask you though, why don't you just buy your denim/clothes off of the Supermarket. Sure you can't try shit on, but the prices, especially compared to a lot of Toronto stores are unbeatable. It's mostly a buyer's market.

This, basically. You can try shit on in the stores and get a much, much better deal on here.

i gto nudies at lileo on boxing day. rrds for 100 bones. wore them for a week and gave them to a friend. fuck nudies. lileo cool, though.

lileo is great.

on the other hand, nudies are really lame. can all guys (and their fat girlfriends) stop buying nudies?

i'm looking for a pair of natural indigo selvage denim. any leads?

lileo is great.

on the other hand, nudies are really lame. can all guys (and their fat girlfriends) stop buying nudies?

i'm looking for a pair of natural indigo selvage denim. any leads?

Klaxon Howl has some pricey stuff...but Sugar Cane is actually cheaper there than any of the US online stores. The Edo Ai model is natural indigo, and the Hawaii is a mix of natural & synthetic (I think).

KMW's are natural, as mentioned. Other than that, you won't get any natural indigo in TO. Best bet for affordable stuff would be Fullcount or Oni's new model at BiG....not sure how they look on ladies though. ;)

Guest ManOfSteel555

i'll put in a vote for studio kim.

just got my imperials hemmed there two inches, they were perfectly done. i'm considering getting a few other items touched up abit, once work busyness settles down.

• 4 weeks later...

Fair enough...i guess i am jumping the gun. Well...im more into house and my gal is into the R&B goodness, so a mix of both for a NYE party would be awesome. Also, I'll be staying downtown Toronto, what other areas should i explore for shopping and dining.

for your typical SuFu gear, hit up Nomad

http://www.nomadshop.net/

mapquest it from your hotel to get directions

as a warning, pricing isn't the greatest....

Small boutiques all along Queen St. are always a good choice too

and if you're into the more mainstream "high end" (i use that term loosely) brands, hit up Bloor St.

and, to be honest, you're not too early to be planning new years in Toronto

they sell tickets to clubs early

if you want a nice chill place to hang out and get a bite to eat

http://www.bloorstreetdiner.com/restaurants/panorama/

http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/home.asp

warning about The Drake - make sure (if you're going to go) you read up on the events happening that night....you don't want to go and have it be a hardcore punk night or something. They tend to be all over the place in terms of the events they hold there.

as for full out clubbing, i'm not into the scene anymore, so i can't help you there.

hopefully that somewhat helps