canada :: toronto :: general

ahk1979

will definitley do that.

Had a look at some stores online, morba looks interesting.

Anyone been to Modern Living? Carries some very nice stuff, but I fear its going to be pretty high budget, even though their slogan is "designer furniture with affordable prices" , judging by the fact that they even carry the Eames chair....

will definitley do that.

Had a look at some stores online, morba looks interesting.

Anyone been to Modern Living? Carries some very nice stuff, but I fear its going to be pretty high budget, even though their slogan is "designer furniture with affordable prices" , judging by the fact that they even carry the Eames chair....

Keep in mind that most of the time you see that eames chair its a knock-off (don't know about that store specifically though...)

mind if i ask where you're moving from/to?

no prob. I'm moving to Kingston in September, adn I'm in montreal right now.

My lease starts sept1 in Kingston, but ends July 31st in montreal, so I've got a month at home in Toronto to buy furniture stuffs before I move.

And NESK, if I can make it, I'll definitley show for that.

imo morba is a horrible store full of very overpriced and poor quality mid century pieces. queen east is your best bet if you are looking for stuff in that style, with zig zag (1142 Queen Street East) being the best of the lot.

mid century furniture is quite popular in toronto, so most of the stores mark up there stuff quite a bit. i have found most of my stuff on craigslist or at yardsales, but ofcourse this takes some patience and time.

Keep in mind that most of the time you see that eames chair its a knock-off (don't know about that store specifically though...)

This is definitely true. But the rosewood originals have long since stopped being produced, no?

btw-anyone have any idea where I might get a copy/replica of the Barcelona chair?

This is definitely true. But the rosewood originals have long since stopped being produced, no?

btw-anyone have any idea where I might get a copy/replica of the Barcelona chair?

They re-released the rosewood for their 50th anniversary. The reason rosewood went off the market in the first place was because of rosewood being rare....or endangered...something like that. Anyway, its made from palisander rosewood now...its quite nice. You can get their wood lounge chair in the same wood now too.

All the funiture stores on the King street east have reproductions of Barcelona chairs.

Pretty much every store has a rip-off barcelona chair now.

Still expensive, but Knoll (the authorized manu.) makes a lower priced chrome version (instead of SS) of the barcelona chair now. Personally, I'm not into the fakes...I'd rather just have another chair...but whatever floats your boat.:D

thanks gimme and adj, good tips. that gabriel ross store is torture, so much nice furniture.

Also, anyone have any design "ideas" or philosophies (pics would be much appreciated). Just searching for inspiration before I start buying stuff.

Download these PDF's:

http://www.bebitalia.it/corporate-profile/comunicazione/bebitalia_home/home-dwl/uk_main.html

http://www.bebitalia.it/corporate-profile/comunicazione/bebitalia_home_02/home-dwl/uk_main.html

http://www.bebitalia.it/corporate-profile/comunicazione/bebitalia_home_03/home-dwl/uk_main.html

Make your house look exactly likes these. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

don't go to montreal over toronto, montreal sucks

but honestly.. if your mentality is "id rather sit at home than waste time going places" then um, whats the point? toronto is cool and theres a bunch of shit to do but if you have a preconception about how its going to be then i donno how much fun yr gonna have

Hey west!

I suggest you do come down to Toronto. Its got TONS of tourist attractions such as, the CN Tower, Air Canada Centre...This weekend theres the Caribana festival, its probably one of canadas Biggest tourist attractions..Tons and TONS of hot women from all over the world come and dance to Calypso, Reggae, dancehall...the list goes on..

If you want a place to relax go to lakeshore or the waterfront(the new one)...Great place to roller blade, chill out with the family and enjoy some music from our fellow torontonians..

Ive been to the states many times, but I always get homesick because Toronto has so much..We're considered Hollywood North because we've got shit loads of actors that come down to shoot films.. David Beckham is supposed to come soon also for the Toronto Fc game

Also, if you're into the nightlife, there are plenty of hot spots in the GTA such as Inside nightclub, Afterlife, Seven nightclub, Guvernment, Level, the docks..etc etc

Shit id be glad to be ur tour guide or something lol