canada :: toronto :: general

ahk1979

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any toronto locals need a job? Ideal for students mostly...

p.s. some boutique called da zoo on king west has some last season undercover on massive discount. some rickdidas on display too for anyone who hasn't checked them out in person

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would go to rhum corner with as many people as you can and drink pina coladas and eat delicious food. Also go to guuu and drink huge beers and eat delicious food. If you are there on a weekend go to Kensington market and go to seven lives for tacos and wait in line and then eat delicious tacos.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

gonna be in toronto for 2-3 days to get some tatts, staying at some airnb house downtown.
first time in toronto.

any cool places togo ? havent much time tho,

took in note the ones superget said,

any cool places for thrift ? 

Edited by aymerikmd

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Thread resurrection.

Looks like I'll be in Toronto first two weeks of October for work. My company is HQ'ed on 325 Front St. West, so some recommended eateries in that area would be appreciated. I'm also surprised to see no michelin star restaurants!

Less interested in shops and fashun these days (still rocking tatty old Visvim from the noughties) but will probably check out Haven and Arcteryx. On the latter, and this may be a dumb question, but I'm guessing their flagship store on Queen Street stocks Veilance? and is not exclusively carried by independent boutiques when it comes to a physical presence.

Edited by rirawin

On 9/14/2021 at 7:48 PM, rirawin said:

My company is HQ'ed on 325 Front St. West,

On the latter, and this may be a dumb question, but I'm guessing their flagship store on Queen Street stocks Veilance?

Yes, they and Haven have Veilance. You can also order from SSENSE with free shipping/returns. Since you're within Canada, it'll be delivered in 2 business days.

No good food in that area of downtown. Forget it. Toronto was only the financial capital of Canada from the 70s onward, and only a "global city" in the past decade or so, so no starred restaurants.

Best food within the city that's not Chinese or Indian (gotta hit the suburbs for that) will be on Queen West, Ossington between Queen and Dundas, Dundas West, College, Harbord, Bloor West. Tbh with you coming from Europe, everything here is a pale and at times overpriced imitation.

That said, here are some faves. Getting around by TTC downtown is easy! Don't feel restricted to the condo zone where that office is. 

The Little Jerry

Skippa

El Rey

• 1 month later...

Had a great two weeks in Toronto. Did axe throwing at Batl grounds, sunset cruise, rooftop dining at Kost and wine tour/tasting at Peller estates with a trip to Niagara falls thrown in all courtesy of the company.

On the food tip, managed to get a reservation at Alo for one, but (stupidly) declined it as I didn't fancy doing a 9 course taster sat at a bar. Stumbled upon Pai and thought it was great.

I met up with an old school Toronto based Sufu'er and spent the afternoon walking around Chinatown/Kensington Market area taking in the sights and food (highlight was Blackbird Bakery), which was cool. 

On the shopping front, didn't realise the bigger Arcteryx store was out in North York where they had women's Veilance as well. Haven was a nice space and also checked out Blue Button Shop, which I don't think has been mentioned in this thread?

Will probably be heading out again next quarter so look forward to exploring more of Toronto, and probably look to tag on a holiday afterwards to travel west and check out Vancouver.

Edited by rirawin