worst concerts you been to?

greentea

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brian wilson "Pet sounds" redux. just awful. sold off my beach boys boxsets and i just can't seem to recover. brian's keyboard obviously wasn't even plugged in as he swung his arms up and down like a marionette.

def jux crew at transit a few years ago. talk about bad vibes. this is the show where

el-p punched someone in the crowd and the whole crew was totally dusted and going on long-winded homophobic tirades while video of the twin towers coming down was looped to nauseum.

Aphex Twin. Hands down.

Fucker came on stage, turned on his DAT machine then lay down and went to

sleep. No joke.

awesome.

I saw manitoba/caribou last year and he just had his vocals prerecorded and played it through the PA insted of singing it, couldn't decide if that was amazing or lame...think i ended up saying it was amazing.

awesome.

I saw manitoba/caribou last year and he just had his vocals prerecorded and played it through the PA insted of singing it, couldn't decide if that was amazing or lame...think i ended up saying it was amazing.

That's interesting ...

I saw Manitoba play their first ever live set as a band ( previous to that Dan Snaith had just done laptop sets on his own) and they seemlessly played along to a click track that synchronised the whole show to an animated DVD projection. THe click track failed and it basically descended into two drummers trying to out do each other by bashing the shit out of their kits.

Aphex Twin. Hands down.

Fucker came on stage, turned on his DAT machine then lay down and went to

sleep. No joke.

lol, i think i saw an interview about him on mtv a few years ago. and he supposedly

makes music in his sleep...nutssmiley.gif

i went to see dj spooky couple years back, man what a waste of money. he was playing some weird shit.killed eveyrones buzz. he was getting booed. very sad

i really agree with alot of your posts, i saw dj spooky once and he was real wack.

ROCK THE BELL couple years back, it was the day ODB passed away, the worst concert ever, you thought you get your money worth when seeing all those artist at once, but by the time the concert was done, you can't even walk no more, too large of crowd, the line up wasn't good, kids that show up have no consideration at all, especially those stupid fat mexican bitches started dancing soon as cypress hill got on, them fat grotest bitch was holding 2 full cup of beer and spill on every one, oh man, i fucken want to kill and set tha bitch on fire and just let that shit burn

• 11 months later...

Van Halen reunion tour with Sammy Hagar in '04. Eddie was high as a a kite and everyone else looked so old. And he had his son on staged who sucked at playing guitar. Then surround that with drunk ass frat boys who air guitar while trying to pick up women. Overall the shittiest concert I've been to.

The Faint with TV on the Radio. Some girls i knew dragged me to it. It was outside in this alley downtown, and not only was it way too crowded and probably oversold. It was just riddled with terrible scene/indie people with no soul and probably less of a brain. The Faint took a full hour(45minutes after their equipment got set up) before they played. Both bands sucked ass(and i like a fair amount of indie music), and i had to take a huge shit the entire time but had no where to go.

I hate when that happens. I tried to go to i think 2 different Brian Jonestown Massacre shows but they cancelled the day before both times. Those guys are way too into heroin and shit.

I should probably only post this tomorrow, but here it goes. A girl (i want to get into her pants) is dragging me to the DJ Tiesto concert tomorrow. Now I don't actually hate Tiesto the way some here do (I once listened to one of the Sunrise CDs all the way through without skipping a track, and some of the songs he made himself arent bad if you listen to them less than 3 times) but after looking at Tiesto live on Youtube, I can basically guarantee that it will be shit.

Sole.

Holy shit. What a disappointment. Sole's one of my favorite hip hop artists out there, and I had seen him opening for Sage Francis a year earlier and he nearly outperformed Sage in just his 30 minute set.

I had high hopes for this concert, but he had this shitty fucking instrumental band called Skyrider backing him up. The drummer couldn't figure out how to play anything other than this one beat, and there was this cellist who was turned up so loud that you could barely hear Sole.

It fucking sucked, but I got to talk with him for a while after the show and that made up for it somewhat.

Basicly every (non dutch) hip hop show I've been to in the last couple of years.

First they come fucking late, like not a little late but really fucking late, then

they scream something along the lines of "Amsterdam is the best fucking country in the world" or "man look at me how crazy I am with a joint on stage!"

Then they fuck up a couple of songs and leave again.

Yes, Amsterdam has coffeeshops and legal softdrugs, but what are all these guys still in highschool?

Idiots!

Fischerspooner, a few years ago. The singer was clearly not into it and got annoyed because the audience didn't respond enough to his efforts on stage. Throughout the gig he kept on yelling "are you bored or are you stoned?". Many were probably both. Eventually he started pouring water over everyone yelling "wake the fuck up!". Arrogant tosser.

Wolf Parade. they were wasted, terrible, didnt have enough material to headline. brought terrible openers with them. I didnt even like them, but i felt like the entire room was lied to.

Riistyt. or however you spell it. terrible. what a bunch of retarded geezers. dudes took 2+ hours to set up. i left.

C.O.C. opening for Motorhead. their hour plus set made everyone want to leave before motorhead even got set up. thank god lemmy is god and saved the night.

give up the ghost. last tour. i had seen them as AN almost three years before and they were spectacular, right before the first LP. as GUTG they were pathetic. band just sat down and stopped playing after a few songs and wes walked away. entire band went back to playing video games. kewl d00dz.

ive left a lot of shows early because i get frustrated and sleepy. id rather J.O. at home and sleep then stay up til 2am because a band or venue cant get their shit together.

Guest Chocodove2
I should probably only post this tomorrow, but here it goes. A girl (i want to get into her pants) is dragging me to the DJ Tiesto concert tomorrow. Now I don't actually hate Tiesto the way some here do (I once listened to one of the Sunrise CDs all the way through without skipping a track, and some of the songs he made himself arent bad if you listen to them less than 3 times) but after looking at Tiesto live on Youtube, I can basically guarantee that it will be shit.

oh no. most overhyped, overrated, shit ass DJ ever. tell her to find out what detroit techno means.