worst concerts you been to?

greentea

I've seen Sean Price twice in Connecticut .. once opening for Immortal Technique and another time opening for Ghostface.

Guy sucked both times, he can never remember the lines to his new songs much less the material from his older Heltah Skeltah or BCC stuff that was performed when the rest of his crew was there.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scratch Perverts

Biggest bunch of showboats I've ever seen DJ. Basically consisted of 2 hours of chart hiphop and some lazy turntablism and effects to keep the idiot crowd happy.

If you want to see a good turntablist in action, spend half the money and go see DJ Craze play instead.

catch 22 with reach the sky and student rick like 6 years ago

sat through the worst opening bands ive ever seen just to realize that minus tomas catch 22 are quite possibly the worst band on the face of the planet

matthew good and the dears

craptacular i got dragged to it and it fucking blew

roger waters

was boring

i went to see dj spooky couple years back, man what a waste of money. he was playing some weird shit.killed eveyrones buzz. he was getting booed. very sad

fwiw, he put on an incredible show when i saw him - really brilliant mix

i've had pretty good luck with concerts

i saw elliott smith when he was supposedly too junked up to play most of the time, and it was actually a pretty good show

a little, um, 'loose', maybe

but still worth seeing

a friend and i walked out on oneida, but it was mostly because he wasn't feeling them

i was tired and hungover and it was a weeknight, so i didn't complain

if you're down for a decent droning, psychedelic vibe, they're worth seeing

I don't know why but I went to see the Rolling Stones on their Steel Wheels tour. I had front row centre tickets, which were selling for around $1500 outside (I asked some scalpers). The minute Jagger walked onstage I knew I had made a huge mistake.

bob dylan july 2005 and october 2006

I saw Dylan years ago with Tracy Chapman and he was virtually unintelligible for the whole show. It was only reading the review after the show that I realized half of the songs he had played - not because I didn't know the songs, but because I couldn't recognize them. I had seen him before that with Tom Petty and he was alright. I think that he is a bit of an acquired taste.

I saw Dylan years ago with Tracy Chapman and he was virtually unintelligible for the whole show. It was only reading the review after the show that I realized half of the songs he had played - not because I didn't know the songs, but because I couldn't recognize them. I had seen him before that with Tom Petty and he was alright. I think that he is a bit of an acquired taste.

damn! i cant believe i read this thread wrong!

i thought it was about what concerts youve been recently to, missed where it said worst part. lol...

i dont dislike dylan at all, in fact he is my favourite artist. i own 40 of his offical cds and have hundreds of his bootleg from his songs in concert.

Almost all the worst shows I've seen over the years have been at SXSW.

Islands - incredibly obnixious, nerdy and self-indulgent.

Beirut - crappy sound, crappy performance, generally douchey. Lots of tards in the audience.

Morrissey - He was supposed to open for Ray Davies, but supposedly got in fight w/ Davies and used up both his own and Davies' stage time. Didn't need to see fat Morissey change shirts 8 times in a set.

The Bravery - hacks.

Ha. Mickey Avalon.

Avalon replaced Gnarls Barkley as the opening act for the Red Hot Chili Peppers on March 12' date=' 2007 in Oklahoma City. At that show John Frusciante joined Avalon onstage and criticized the audience for their poor reception and "booing" of Avalon. Avalon repeatedly told the audience he wasn't wanting to get in the way of the Chili Peppers performing, he was just there to "pay the rent". Frusciante also sent a very long and heated letter to the fans of www.redhotchilipeppers.com explaining how upset he was at the audiences' disrespect of Avalon.

June 24, 2007, Avalon was booed again at a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. The audience threw sandwiches, apples, lollypops and wood mulch at him, chanted "Loser!", gave him the finger, and turned their backs on him. Mickey replied by throwing things back and he again stated "I don't care, I got paid to be here...". Mickey refused to stop playing however at first, but after half an hour he left while he should've performed an hour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Avalon

mickey avalon.

should have known better.

He opened for Mos Def, I spent his whole set crapping out some Taco Bell.

I think it was a good use of my time.

One of the worst opening acts I have ever seen was Bonnie Prince Billy opening for Bjork. He came out with tight pants, a frontiersman beard and an autoharp. He proceeded to play his entire set bobbling about on one leg with a crazed look in his eyes. My wife felt that it was a very good possibility he was possessed of some sort of evil spirit. As disturbing as a man with a beard playing an autoharp can possibly be.

^^

that's funny; i would of thought he'd put on a good show

maybe the ganja finally caught up with him?

anyway, another shameful admission: i saw ozzy when i was in eighth grade

this was pre-'the osbournes', so neither his fans nor ozzy himself had figured out that it was okay to laugh at the fact that booze and drugs had left him a doddering old man at the age of 45

he could barely move around the stage, and when he tried all he could manage was this awkward, painful-looking waddle/jogging/tip-toe thing that was depressing to watch, even to a not-yet-jaded 14 year old

also, no one could drive, so my friend's mom went with us

she sat there the whole time wearing earplugs with a pained expression on her face

rock and fucking roll!

One of the worst opening acts I have ever seen was Bonnie Prince Billy opening for Bjork. He came out with tight pants, a frontiersman beard and an autoharp. He proceeded to play his entire set bobbling about on one leg with a crazed look in his eyes. My wife felt that it was a very good possibility he was possessed of some sort of evil spirit. As disturbing as a man with a beard playing an autoharp can possibly be.

You're wrong. Will Oldham is a handsome god, and Bjork is just a weird little troll.

now i am bummed out about frusciante. he was always my favorite chilli pepper until... now.

mickey avalon deserves to be booed off the stage.

He opened for Mos Def, I spent his whole set crapping out some Taco Bell.

I think it was a good use of my time.

yeah either way it was crap.

^^that Mickey Avalon wikipedia entry is genious. I sent that to a fucked-up, malibu-scene trash buddy of mine, and he replied "well, you just don't understand."

Anyways, I dont know if it was the worst, but Sigur Rós w/ Amina at the Marin Center last year was torture for me. (And such a shame, as it was architecturally and accoustically, one of the most inspiring venues that I've been to).

Here's a suggestion: Write songs in a language that more than 200,000 people on this Earth can comprehend.

dalek

alas, I agree with you. i've seen dalek on several occasions recently (and on two continents), but they mc dalek just doesn't come with enough energy. I partly blame the crowds at their shows, because no one really knows how to get into their live set.

their studio performances however are mostly awesome.