paulrose products

BrokenGlass

there is only little info on these in the naked and famous thread but it's really different stuff and deserving of it's own thread

PR_PRJ1947-17_pf.jpg

PR_PRJ1947-17_patch.jpg

PR_PRJ1947-17_hem.jpg

PR_PRJ1947-17_detail3.jpg

PR_PRJ1947-17_detail2.jpg

- 17oz heavy and slubby unsanforized selvedge denim with a beige ear

- Irregular warp size and is woven at a dangerously low tension in order to achieve the beautiful and old-school texture and appearance.

- Flannel lined rear pockets and flannel pocket bags.

- Copper hidden rivets.

- Concealed selvedge coin pocket.

- Union Special 43200G bulldog chain-stitched hems.

- 10oz thick natural veggie tanned saddle leather patch.

I'll take some fit pics of these later. In the mean time, here's just some pics of them. They're size 29 slim cut, 1 cold soak & 1 warm soak, bought and worn like half of the time since the day they came out. I worked in them for a few weeks, got laid off, and the rest of that time has been couchfades.

I think brokenglass's fit is better than mine. I'm a bit thinner so basically I sized a bit looser, and even though the fit on mine looks very nice in the leg, I get a bit of hip flare, probably as a combination of the looser upper block fit, the very thick pockets, and just the weight of the denim over all.

But yeah anyway about the denim, it's very soft for a 17oz denim especially after a soak, and it has a very hairy texture. With only a little bit of wear the slubbiness and the irregularities really show through on the outside. The dye is a very rich blue color, not one of those near-black indigos you see a lot lately, but it's still a very deep dye and it's capable of a ton of contrast. Oh yeah and the leg twist is insane, these pics don't do it justice but when I wear them the selvedge is literally turned around to the front of my leg.

Pics: linked for obnoxious size

http://imgur.com/a/Ngikr#6

u01G0l.jpg

Edited by sehns

don't want to take anything away from this thread, but hot damn I hope no one sizes like that, that looks unbearably tight no matter how much they stretch... :o

Question though...if you hadn't seen that weird fly with its top button unbuttoned like that, would you have have said that based solely on the leg fit? For me, when I see the way it wrinkles above the knee it doesn't look like the fabric is stretched tight and it looks fine to me. But that fly is damn strange though. Perhaps brokenglass, you are not truly a 29? From the waist down, it appears ok.

I'm glad I'm not the only one :D

Whoa I just noticed that with the button fly. His fit is very good in the legs but that definitely looks too tight. I know someone said they don't stretch a lot, but my pair has stretched a lot in places, and my fit is pretty loose. If those pictures were taken right after that soak, I could see them stretching enough to button but I still don't think they look very comfortable. Who knows though, we're all just going off pictures until he replies.

^really to each their own....the leg isn't that bad because he's a slimmer guy, but i still think the actual waistband itself looks like its about to snap his body in half regardless of the top button undone. the low rise, the tightness of the thighs, the whole plastered on look just isn't my thing anymore...but i'm a traditionalist so no suprise there! whatever makes one happy i say go for it...

I have a chicken legs and a small waist . My petite standards are a 26 though a 27 would be closer to ideal. The next to top button wouldn't button because the hole was small. I've since worked it and it's fine. Plenty of room in the waist and the fabric is pinchable at the upper leg. I'll post some 30 day pics when the time comes with progress.

inseem on these is 32" post soak.

the denim is pretty nice on these, comparable to my samurai's SO500xx and I really dig the beige selvedge and the tobacco & red/orange stitch on the back pocket

• 2 weeks later...

they come in 2 fits at the moment

1)

Heritage

- Similar to a 1947 Levis 501. A basic classic Americana fit.

2)

Slim

- Slim leg tapered modern fit.

These are slim, size 29. I'm 5'8" and 135lbs

First day post warm soak.

day1_front.jpg

day1_side2.jpg

day1_back.jpg

day1_side.jpg

day1_selvedge.jpg

day1_side_detail.jpg

where are the measurements on those post soak? and original size?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

there is only little info on these in the naked and famous thread but it's really different stuff and deserving of it's own thread

PR_PRJ1947-17_pf.jpg

PR_PRJ1947-17_patch.jpg

PR_PRJ1947-17_hem.jpg

PR_PRJ1947-17_detail3.jpg

PR_PRJ1947-17_detail2.jpg

- 17oz heavy and slubby unsanforized selvedge denim with a beige ear

- Irregular warp size and is woven at a dangerously low tension in order to achieve the beautiful and old-school texture and appearance.

- Flannel lined rear pockets and flannel pocket bags.

- Copper hidden rivets.

- Concealed selvedge coin pocket.

- Union Special 43200G bulldog chain-stitched hems.

- 10oz thick natural veggie tanned saddle leather patch.

Hey Brokenglass, So I am new to this forum... well forums in general and new to unsanforized denim And i have a few questions which you have probably been asked before so bear with me :). Just bought a pair of Paulrose 17oz slim went a size up would you recomend a soak before wear if so how would I go about it? most of my jeans are n&f sanforized and as i stated before these are my first true untreated pair any help would be appreciated. Im normaly a size 33 tag but i sized up to a 34 tag. I'm 5'9 and 178 pounds. My original plan was to wear the crap out of them them soak while wearing and let them air dry to my body on a breezy summer day lol. But I have read many threads which disagree saying that all my hard work will be misplaced due to the shrinkage.

any help much appreciated please and thanks