paulrose products

BrokenGlass

What temp how long and inside out?

Go cool at first - cold or 30 Degrees etc.

if this doesn't remove all the shrinkage, then wash again at same temperature or hirer if you need a noticeable amount of extra shrinkage.

Always wash/ soak inside out (unless your wearing them), as this helps avoid any unwanted creases/ fades from appearing due to the agitation in the wash.

Wash on no spin or reduced spin.

Remove and hang dry.

Saying that....your probably better advised to cold soak your jeans first in a tub/sink/bucket.

This is my first method for new jeans. Better to only do a cold soak for 20 mins and not over shrink them first time around. It also avoids removing too much indigo.

Then repeat until your happy - Hem after soaking if the length isn't to your liking.

Cheers

Edited by UkeNo

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got a pair of heritage jeans yesterday. Very awesome jeans, denim is heavy, slubby, fits great, and relativey affordable. Only issue is the inseam shrinks to about 33". I wear a 30 so that's fine by me but it does seem like a big oversight. I'll report back with fit pics tonight.

Also, Blue owl is great. I bought them tuesday night, and they arrived to my door thursday morning, from Washington state to NY

Edited by jmfr

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back from getting hemmed at blue owl today. Any one have any pictures of how this denim fades? Im curious (but impatient :P) how the heritages will fade since they're pretty relaxed.

edit- well usps dropped the ball on the delivery date. hopefully theyll be here tomorrow.

Edited by jmfr

• 2 months later...

They're slow to fade. They fade a little at on the creases at first but I'm on 2.5 months and haven't seen any evo at all since like 2 weeks

Thats too bad, I would have thought 17oz denim would fade pretty quickly. perhaps its the dye? Im currently rocking 19 oz. Elephant 3s that are also at ~2.5 months and they have already faded significantly. However, the E3's are sanforized as opposed to your PRP denim.

You have the Heritages right? Any chance you could upload some fit pics? Also, How much did they shrink in the thigh? Im hoping it doesnt shrink more than 0.5".

Cheers

My tts is a 33 and i got a 32. They seem to shrink .5" throughout the legs but the thighs stretched out to presoak size. Waist shrunk 1" to 31, and it took a while but they eventually stretched back to 32." I kinda had to wrestle with them though, i used this thing to do it:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/151033/the-gizmo-denim-stretching-waist

I think you are meant to go tts on these and you get a loose-ish cut, but if you go -1 its a slightly more modern straight but not slim leg. i have two slight issues which is that since they are modeled from a 47 cut, and is supposed to be looser, if you go -1, the top block fits kinda odd. its not tight, just odd. following that, it seems that it seems like the crotch rides really high, hence crushing my balls but that seems to have corrected itself in the past few weeks. i think going tts would fix that.

089dfaec-46fa-4273-a3f7-ce2929bc5228_zps

c9396acf-b575-4e18-9801-5276d23a537d_zps

I think im gonna wash them soon just bc...

ps- if you use that styleforum way to stretch out the waist, you can get that clamp at harbor freight for $4.99. you just have to tighten the screws on the handle so that it doesnt slide under load.

Edited by jmfr

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Here is a post soak fit pic, not the best quality picture so apologies in advance.

The fit on these feels very much like the Momo 701 (tight straight) with slightly more taper down the knee. The rise is so freaking low these tag size 30 barely make it to 9.2".

That being said I kinda dig them.

Edited by Rightyow77

• 3 weeks later...

Just raising this thread again.

Do you know if the specs listed for the 17oz heritage fit on the Tate & yoko site are pre, or post soak.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update to keep this thread alive.

Paul rose at about a month of constant wear.

D7rnX7T.jpg?2

some evo 

OCaTh8e.jpg?1

The denim on these reminds me a lot of Flat heads pioneer denim less streaky though but the shade of blue from the start has that crisp dark blue with dots of white and hairiness. The cut on these is ok, the one thing that bugs me is the inseam thread isn't a traditional single needle or single chain stitch, but a double chain stitch which looks a little off. Not sure why they opted for this, considering this is NFs "heritage brand". Oh well pretty sure Paul Rose line is dead anyways.

Strange,

My PR Heritage 17oz has a single chain stitch inseam.  The fit isn't bad, but definitely not the favorite of  anything I've ever had.

The one thing that kills me is the front pockets, I went sort of .5 size down, pretty normal for me, in a somewhat more relaxed cut, but they are neigh impossible to get anything in or out of, due to the small width of the opening.

Given that I scored them for about $100, they are pretty solid jeans.