Looking for Yahoo Japan tips...

Sean9

Ok, so I'm looking to order some things from yjp but I'm not sure what the best way to go about things are.  So I was hoping someone could answer a few questions and if anyone has any additional advice I would be very grateful especially just things to look out for/avoid

Sutocorp or Sharpservice or other...why?

I inquired about having sharpservice stockpile some items for me and then sending them but the price to hold them seemed astronomical.  Is there a better way to do this or should I just ship each item one at a time unless I'm buying a couple things in quick succession. Or is it actually worth it?

When on the typical search screen (a la http://auctions.sear...tab_ex=commerce)is the last column days left or something else?  And the second one is the buy it now price?  It doesn't translate well with google translate for me.

I take it the service will try to the snipe the item?  Correct me if I'm wrong

Is it worth searching european/american designers or will I not find it much/any cheaper?

Is it normally worth going really deep in the pages or does that usually end up with items that aren't really the brand you're looking for a la ebay?

If you aren't buying a really expensive item do you buy a bunch of stuff to get the most out of the shipping/proxy fees?

Also just for fun if you want to post some items you're really proud of you got on yjp that would be sweet too.

thanks I really appreciate it, I know some of these questions may seem obvious etc. but for me this is kind of nerve racking!

Edited by Sean9

Jakes good, sutocorp good, sharp service is now terrible. Not used stylistics but he always gets a good rep.

Its actually surprising how many Japanese retailer's will ship direct to you. If you take the time to phone Japan, whilst its not always that easy due to the language barrier, stores will make exceptions and send to other countries.

Jakes good, sutocorp good, sharp service is now terrible. Not used stylistics but he always gets a good rep.

Its actually surprising how many Japanese retailer's will ship direct to you. If you take the time to phone Japan, whilst its not always that easy due to the language barrier, stores will make exceptions and send to other countries.

im lucky to have a japanese roommate to do this for me

The sz list that was posted is a great reference... if you have the time it doesn't hurt to search both the english and japanese keywords. yahoo jp generally has the most items, however rakuten can have a lot of stuff and sometimes you can find stuff for really cheap on mbok.jp.

personally i've only had one hiccup with sharp service and it was more so my fault as I asked them to bid on an item that was ending within a couple hours. i just had them snag me a geller parka off rakuten last week, just got it today only took 8 days from the initial order to my doorstep... but that's just me i know some people have had a lot of problems with them.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I haven't used Sharpservice for nearly a year now. While it is the cheapest, personally nowadays I would spend that extra percentage and go with Jake Unkutt or Stylistics for that piece of mind. Plus both the aforementioned are fluent in English, which helps.

I think the problem lays with Sharpservice having expanded their staff. It used to be great when it was just a one man show, Hide. But now there are others in the mix causing inefficiency and communication problems, as a result it appears it has all fallen apart.

Edited by rirawin