Superfuture Movie Club

jackg

Really enjoyed this movie.

Took me a while to get used to the humor. But I think I finally adjusted at the dinner date scene with the Canadians and the making out scene that followed. Those bits were hilarious. Not to mention the American midget... :mellow: or maybe I just find North Americans funny. I dunno.

I'm watching it for the second time today.

Edited by quackculture

i love the little bits of misdirection, the foreshadowing of shooting from the tower, the awkward dinner scene when they say the truth, yuri and his "alcoves" and the conversation about it between ralph fiennes and gleason while they're drinking a beer.

the inanimate object line is perfect

ive watched this movie several times, everytime i watch it i think they went a little too far with the cursing. still, its one of my favorite movies

I watched Glenngary Glen Ross and enjoyed it a lot, the dialogue was great, really good back and forth between the characters. Awesome writing highlighted by a great cast. Also watched In Bruges and all I can say was that it was entertaining, not a huge Collin Farrel fan but I enjoyed watching him play the part of an irishman which he is.

Started The Woman In The Dunes but haven't made through much of it, its usually hard for me to get into old foreign films but will try to finish it tomorrow and give my 2 cents

you added me already. the free dropbox limit is 2gigs, which isn't too bad tbh, but the average size of a good rip seems to be above that.

doesn't matter too much really, if anyone is really bothered by it they can always grab the movie from elsewhere—that's what I do.

+

i could host on my server too, should be alright.

Edited by Magnetic

I enjoyed woman in dunes as well. Looking forward to the next film.

oh btw, how do the uploads work again? is there a sequential order we are following or do we just upload randomly. I have a decent quality DVD rip of If....(1968) I'd like to share eventually.

^ there is an order and it currently stands as follows

To Upload:

whizkit

evilgeniusdan

ifeelasleep

Augustus

Yachtrock89

Mass

Royalefatale

Jaac

Lawlercopterz

Denton

Mikey Wills

Lil brown brother

Boomtime8

Sid_vicious

Protocol

Pablo Johnson

Tobi

St_

Hazel

Joeyod007

Kelleydenham

Magnetic

Quackculture

The Physicist

Quackculture

with the next movie incoming (choosen by yatchrock89)......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk4vhe6i79E

just watched it, and for ridley scotts first feature length film, the mise en scene was very very well done. for a fairly low budget movie (as i gather) the natural backdrops and his camera work were great.

the plot and storyline were slightly repetitive though

just watched it, and for ridley scotts first feature length film, the mise en scene was very very well done. for a fairly low budget movie (as i gather) the natural backdrops and his camera work were great.

the plot and storyline were slightly repetitive though

Agreed. For me this movie is about the rich cinematography and immersive set pieces. I've always been really fascinated with this time period, so I just sort of enjoy getting lost in the visuals. Also really love watching harvey keitel trying to play an angry frenchmen.