Superfuture Movie Club

jackg

well thx 1138 was kind of depressing to watch though i did enjoy the nudity

last couple of movies have been on the heavier end of the spectrum so i'll be uploading a very simple movie today. some will hate it but i hope most will enjoy it for what it is.

I watched it.... and enjoyed it, not afraid to admit it.

How do you rate it though, it was stupid and obvious -- but it was funny and made me laugh. IDK ill give it a 3.58/10, with one thumbs up, i think..

Edited by joeyod007

I had a bit of time today, so I was able to watch Deathdream right when it popped into the Dropbox. Didn't have any idea of what to expect as I'd never heard of it before.

For the first 10 or 15 minutes I was worried that I would be in for a really shitty zombie movie, but it wasn't like that at all. It played out nicely, and I especially liked the performance of John Marley (the dad). Andy was also really fucked up and creepy. His face paired with his clothing worked well to contribute to his odd vibe. My one nitpick with the flow of the movie was its timescale. I couldn't be sure of how much time was passing since so much stuff happens within a short amount of time, and it seemed ridiculous to me. This was particularly true around the events of the doctor's death. I can't really bag on any of the effects or sounds used since this is a decently old movie with what looks to be a tiny budget. Nothing seemed very creative regarding the cinematography.

I thought that the movie was at least in part a commentary on PTSD, thus revealing its anti-war stance. The solider returns home all fucked up and this leads to tension and breakdown within the family, etc. The ending was really unexpected for me since he just buries himself after doing all this shit to keep him alive. I guess this was the writers' way of saying that re-assimilation into society is extremely trying for many veterans, and that death is not an unthinkable alternative. Dunno. Would like to hear others' thoughts.

By the way, how do we know when it's out turn to upload a movie?

To Upload:

whizkit

evilgeniusdan

ifeelasleep

Augustus

Yachtrock89

Mass

Royalefatale

Jaac

Lawlercopterz

Denton

Mikey Wills

Lil brown brother

Boomtime8

Sid_vicious

Protocol

Pablo Johnson

Tobi

St_

Hazel

Joeyod007

Kelleydenham

Magnetic

Quackculture

The Physicist

Edited by jackg

Been sleeping hard on the last few movies, but I have seen Glengarry Glen Ross and I thought it was great. Unreal cast, a great script and a really cool (and unusual) cameo by alec baldwin. Highly recommended

Edited by joeyod007