Superfuture Movie Club

jackg

I enjoyed it, a little overdone and overwrought but overall a pretty engaging plot and narrative. not sure how i felt about the really aggressive violence seemed somewhat displaced from the film but that might just be me. overall though a genre i hardly ever get into so I was impressed!

what did everyone else think?

i just remembered the Chaser is also on netflix and it's subbed, may be more convenient. i think the scenes in the police district were a little too drawn out, and the ending pissed me off, without giving it away (the store scene) etc. as for the violence i think it was fairly tame to korean killer standards (the man from nowhere, i saw the devil), but yeah the bathroom scenes were a little hard to watch.

Edited by ROYALEFATALE

I ain't even going to front...(the ending of) this movie made me sad as fuck.

It's difficult to make a thriller like this without coming off as corny. I thought some of the action packed music and violence was overdone at times - considering the humorous undertones the movie had. But all in all its a good movie with an Interest plot that is well stretched. it intrigues from beginning to end. I enjoyed this one.

I'd def rewatch with a group of bitches.

Layer Cake was an amazing movie. I would of never messed with those boys from Amsterdam. The things people do for the principle. It wasn't like they were making more than 2 million pills a day...aye? Btw favorite quote of the movie by Eddie Temple: "You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son." Some real poetic shit...haha.

yea really enjoyed it also, didn't like the ending tho. thought was humorous when daniel craig says he hates guns then mimes being a spy, like what if someone saw that and was like "damn daniel craig looks really good holding a gun"

Ha ya i thought that was funny to when watching it, completely mimiced James Bond. Was he James Bond when this was made or released?

I had seen it before and watched it again with pleasure. I have seen Dumplings from Fruit Chan which was ok good, and I am yet to watch Durian Durian which they say is pretty interesting.

I have heard of Made in Hong Kong once before but have never had the opportunity to watch it until now. I enjoyed it a lot and feel like I should have seen this long ago. The style reminded me of an older War Kai Wong movie. I definitely recommend this for anyone who is looking for a film with great character depth and an awesome storyline.