ONI "Blue" fit

PBJxx 003/009

Samurai 510/002jp

Skull 5507

Studio D'Artisan SD101

Sugarcane 1955 "Stovepipe"

Warehouse 660

Edited by BrownMetallic

The problem is that i don't want a straight cut and would like it tappered from the knee down

Why? It's just going to make your ass and hips look bigger. part of good fashion sense is knowing what cut works on your body. Tight, slim, and tapered, doesn't work on you.

these got more thigh room & about 1.5"/+ up taper from knee to hem:

Eternal 811

Fullcount 0105/1101

Momotaro 201

ONI "Blue" fit

PBJxx 003/009

Samurai 510/002jp

Skull 5507

Studio D'Artisan SD101

Sugarcane 1955 "Stovepipe"

Warehouse 660

how would a taper starting higher up help? besides making the taper look as drastic, then youd have to size up some more. if you squat then your lower quads will be huge too and a lot of the times thats the part that causes people to size up.

Why? It's just going to make your ass and hips look bigger. part of good fashion sense is knowing what cut works on your body. Tight, slim, and tapered, doesn't work on you.

some people have small feet and dont want the hem of the jean to cover their entire shoe. also well tapered fits only look loose on those who dont squat and to those that do squat they look like a slim/skinny jean because it keeps close to the contours of a person with good sized quads and the taper keeps it close to the calves

Edited by TooAwesome

how would a taper starting higher up help? besides making the taper look as drastic, then youd have to size up some more. if you squat then your lower quads will be huge too and a lot of the times thats the part that causes people to size up.

i think he means a taper from the knee down

some people have small feet and dont want the hem of the jean to cover their entire shoe.

Well, the original poster doesn't seem to have that problem. The jeans he's wearing look a couple sizes too small, and his legs look like sausages. Size up or try a different cut. Just because something is trendy, or looks good on others, it doesn't mean that you can necessarily pull off the same look or fit. Out of the different brands and models listed above, the LVC 66, Warehouse 660, and Eternal 811s are probably the best bets to get close the look he's going for without looking squeezed into his jeans.

I recommend S5000 or SDA 103 cuts. However, the key is how you size the jeans. It looks like you sized down 1 or 2 size to many on them APCs. I am amazed you are able to wear 511 comfortably, with you thigh measurements. Unless you sized them to fit you thighs comfortably and the waist is loose, and you are able to manage by wearing a belt.

The Rogue Territory Stantons have a really forgiving cut: roomy in the top block, and a taper to a small leg opening. Check the measurements on Karl's site - they are accurate.

I don't have particularly big thighs, but love the combination of slimness & comfort.

to the original poster, i'd be careful taking in all of this information overload. In the end there it's just a matter of opinion and it will be up to him to sort out what's right for his legs. For example, based on my own experience with my legs, I would never recommend the sda 103, momotaro 201, s002 cuts for someone looking for "big thigh" room but then again I don't have these people's thighs. My sda 103 is quite tight in the thighs. I could barely get into a momataro 201. Wouldn't the warehouse 800 be more roomy than the 660? I don't think one can recommend a cut for "big thighs" solely on how extreme the taper is.

to the original poster, i'd be careful taking in all of this information overload. In the end there it's just a matter of opinion and it will be up to him to sort out what's right for his legs. For example, based on my own experience with my legs, I would never recommend the sda 103, momotaro 201, s002 cuts for someone looking for "big thigh" room but then again I don't have these people's thighs. My sda 103 is quite tight in the thighs. I could barely get into a momataro 201. Wouldn't the warehouse 800 be more roomy than the 660? I don't think one can recommend a cut for "big thighs" solely on how extreme the taper is.

i could've included regular "straights", but i limited the list to models/cuts that fit into the OPs parameter__ roomier thighs + more tapering @hem.

he wasn't really asking for aesthetic advice, so i left that to his styling sensibilities.

however, [hulking] photos does not provide enough deets, like measurements & how he sized on those jeans in fit pix__ ie, waist & thigh measurements to determine his waist vs thigh proportion.

the list got quite a range, proportion-wise __ it's up to him to figure out which proportion better suits him.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Thanks a lot for all your information and advices guys ! I was not expecting so many responses to my answer !

In order to give you more information about my build and to answer some of your questions my waist measurement is 35,4 inches and my thigh where it's the largest is 23,6 inches.

FWIW, the APC jeans worn in the first post are sizedowned by one compared to what I usually get.

And here are two pictures of me wearing my Levis 511 in 32 waist :

photo%20(2).jpg

photo%20(1).jpg

For a waste of that size your thighs aren't particularly large and there is a plethora of brands and styles to choose from, so you shouldn't have any difficulty in getting something. Just don't size down too much.

if that's your best fit__ measure the actual waist [flat & aligned], front rise, & upper thigh [ie, from the crotch to side edge].

kidz most likely whipping out their measuring tape & digging up their "appropriate" jeans for measure.

me i got my jawns stats written down in a notebook :)

Edited by BrownMetallic

For a waste of that size your thighs aren't particularly large and there is a plethora of brands and styles to choose from, so you shouldn't have any difficulty in getting something. Just don't size down too much.

this, with your measurements you can fit a ton of stuff because your thighs arent your limiting factor. youve just sized down way too much (4 sizes....really? lol)

After measuring my L511 here is what I came up to :

L511 :

- Leg opening 7.5 inches

- Waist : 34

- Upper thigh : 12

So i do a few researches and saw that the grim tim from nudie ( http://minu.me/67y4 ) and the weird guy from naked and famous ( http://minu.me/67y3 ) actually have the same measurement if i'm right. so i might give those two a go and see how they look on me.

• 10 months later...

as you see from this thread there are a ton of options.

My Sugar Cane 47s are also pretty roomy.

edit: just read the post above this one....lulz

just size up man...i need a belt for mine...but they fit well

Edited by jilla82

I have some repro Levis that fit me alright. I have really big hamstrings from powerlifting. They are a 1944 fit. I'd like to try other denim that have large thighs. Right now I need something with a 13"-13.5" thigh and a 12"-12.5" rise

*Sorry for dirty room, had people staying with me all weekend.

WP_20130310_005_zps0d34fcb5.jpg

Edited by ColdsnapBryan