What raw denim to get with big thighs ?

M4xime

Hey guys ! I'm currently trying to acquire my first pair of true raw denim and I need your advice / experience on finding the pair that will fit me and the weird way I'm built.

I have alreayd tried some APC jeans ( NC / NS and PS ) but they don't fit me with those big thighs of mine.

I also own a pair of Levis 511 in 32 32 that fit me quite well. Below are the pics of me wearing PS31 then NS 31 and NC 31.

So I'm looking for any advice concerning brands / fit / anything that helps really :)

PS 31 :

2012-03-19%2018.14.35.jpg

PS 31 :

2012-03-19%2018.14.43.jpg

NS 31 :

2012-04-13%2018.10.40.jpg

NC 31 :

IMG_3122.JPG

Thanks guys !

Edited by M4xime

Ok for the 3sixteen sl-100x I will have a look. Do you think the n&f weird guy could be good too ?

The problem is that i don't want a straight cut and would like it tappered from the knee down but considering my big thighs / posterior

Thanks for the answers guys ! Helping a lot

it's not just your thighs. virtually all of those pants look like you're wearing at least 1-2 sizes down from what you need. even the top one which you managed to get buttoned looks absolutely ridiculous from the back.

not trolling but the ass pic looks pretty effeminate

Edited by xchen

it's not just your thighs. virtually all of those pants look like you're wearing at least 1-2 sizes down from what you need. even the top one which you managed to get buttoned looks absolutely ridiculous from the back.

not trolling but the ass pic looks pretty effeminate

Dont worry i won't take that as trolling I'm just looking for advices and I know the ones I showed in pictures dont fit it was just to show my build so you can help me :)

No way you could do a wierd guy fit, the legs are too tapered for you. Sl-100 are similar to the new standards but the rise is bigger so there's more room in the upper thigh/ass. Also, they aren't as tapered as the new standards, but there's not much difference (according to measurements I've seen).

Those new standards aren't bad, I have a pair of them that fit like your pic at first, there wasn't any slack around my thighs. But, after about 10 wears or so, they stretched out and fit fine now.

OP - I have the same problem as you. As the doad said above - don't fight the straight cut. And size up if you need too :)

Edited by gregornz

Guest SiKEEE

Yeah the straight fits aren't that bad, I actually prefer a slim straight. Too much of a taper can make your thighs look bigger than they actually are.

Thanks again guys ! I might try this NS again. The problem I have with straight cuts is that I dont find it particularly good looking when the width of the denim stays the same from the knee down.

Would you have any good examples of guys on Sufu doing great with straight cuts ?

I'm in the same boat my things measure much bigger then my waist I've been trying just about every cut and brand to try and find things that fit me well.

Some I've tried that worked pretty well were

Sams - 0500

Nudies - Big Bengt (just started wearing them today)

- Grim Tim, but it's a little restricting on the calves

N&F - Weird Guys but it depends on the denim on which size I need and how they fit

Iron Heart - 301

Left Field - the slubby ones I think it was a slim straight

APC - PS the lower rise became to much for me and uncomfortable though, I also think I didn't size them right

Roy - the first slim cut model he made fit me well when I tried them

Flat Head x Ring Ring - they were probably the perfect fitting jean but to expensive at the time

The hardest part about going with a straight cut and having bigger thighs is the leg opening tends to get quite large when you're upsizing to get your thighs fitted in there which in my opinion becomes unflattering. Slim straight ends up being the same way. Its a tough battle but there is stuff out there the only thing you can do is like people have said measure your best fitting jean and use the measurements to compare them to size charts online and then go and try those jeans on.

Hope this helped at all

IH-1955 has roomy thighs but has plenty of taper. They're bigger thighs and smaller hem than IH-634S. Best bet is to actually measure a pair of pants that you like and find a match taht way. Measure the waist the thigh and the leg opening. With those measurements it becomes much easier to figure out what will work.

Whatever you get just make sure they don't fit like your girlfriends jeans.