best waywt pics

this dude's slightly refined french hipster look probably gets more beezies than you lumberjacks. bringing that a77 concept back. A+

Really good look, rocked it myself quite a few times. But I'm gonna be that bitch and say no chelsea boots when cuffing, especially to the top of the boot.

with great reluctance i admit that ive come to ascribe to the notion that new yorkers really are as jaded as theyre thought to be. i dont really think my personality or the things i value have changed that drastically in the 2 or so years ive been here, but god damn have i grown bored with and lost interest in some of the things i used to appreciate much more, including fashion. i used to sign on to superfuture and be blind-sided by all these (then) aw-inspiring styles and outifts. now i spend more time in garbage ass trivial shit talk threads than threads like these, i hate that, but its true.

^not to knock that guy dismal and fuums are talking about, im not getting personal, and not to single him out either (hes just the most recent example and im tired), but god damn sufu, i can spend a few hours on a nice day walking around southern manhattan and see more eye candy than ive found here recently, and if not, then i can certainly find a multitude of fellows, all of which have become common place and now go basically unnoticed, that look no better or worse than 90 percent of the those here regarded as the best dressed and steeziest e-individuals.

so which is it sufu? is new york city REALLY all its cracked up to be? are the thousands of men (and women, though i feel i need to mention they aren't really being considered in any of this due to the fact bomb-ass female bodies catch my eye anywhere, regardless of, and most times disconnected from, anything they may or may not be wearing) that frequent the streets on any given day really the steeziest out there thus making me the blase snob ive seemed to become? or, have you all been resting on your laurels from past next levelness and ultimately become relegated to a yawn of an e-circle jerk of irrelevance?

this isnt a boastful post, i dont claim to have the answers and clearly i havent shown up in best waywt (not that i feel i should necessarily, because i dont) so its not like im writing this from way up on a high horse of mine.. im just concerned.

give it some thought.

feeling you dino. i stopped caring so much about fashion lately too, i'm happy with rocking the same stuff and all. i also remember logging in on sf and look at the waywt like some kind of steezbook, but now i'm wondering if the level dropped or if it is my perception of the whole thing that changed. i tend to think the latter.

e0d9n0b5, kixslf, mellowfellow and many more's fit would make me feel the same as they did back in early 2007 when i discovered sf if i was to suscribe right now. seeing the reaction toward the waywt on some french forum i participate in strenghtens that feeling i have.

some people will be totally into fashion for 10 years while some do/did their best to expressly summarize what they saw in a few years and move on to the next thing/hobby/moneywaster. this among more controversial reasons might be why some members left. supertrash and superculture still pretty much deliver so i don't really see a reason to leave. my 2 cents.

Would rep dino on that post.

I've been a long time lurker on sufu and share similar sentiments.

Maybe you've been around too long and have hit close to the peak of the curve so to speak. I think for a lot of people it just gets harder and harder as they progress along their whatever (art, music, fashion etc.) journey to continue with the same enthusiasm, interest and passion they initially started with.

Just my 2 cents.

with great reluctance i admit that ive come to ascribe to the notion that new yorkers really are as jaded as theyre thought to be. i dont really think my personality or the things i value have changed that drastically in the 2 or so years ive been here, but god damn have i grown bored with and lost interest in some of the things i used to appreciate much more, including fashion. i used to sign on to superfuture and be blind-sided by all these (then) aw-inspiring styles and outifts. now i spend more time in garbage ass trivial shit talk threads than threads like these, i hate that, but its true.

^not to knock that guy dismal and fuums are talking about, im not getting personal, and not to single him out either (hes just the most recent example and im tired), but god damn sufu, i can spend a few hours on a nice day walking around southern manhattan and see more eye candy than ive found here recently, and if not, then i can certainly find a multitude of fellows, all of which have become common place and now go basically unnoticed, that look no better or worse than 90 percent of the those here regarded as the best dressed and steeziest e-individuals.

so which is it sufu? is new york city REALLY all its cracked up to be? are the thousands of men (and women, though i feel i need to mention they aren't really being considered in any of this due to the fact bomb-ass female bodies catch my eye anywhere, regardless of, and most times disconnected from, anything they may or may not be wearing) that frequent the streets on any given day really the steeziest out there thus making me the blase snob ive seemed to become? or, have you all been resting on your laurels from past next levelness and ultimately become relegated to a yawn of an e-circle jerk of irrelevance?

this isnt a boastful post, i dont claim to have the answers and clearly i havent shown up in best waywt (not that i feel i should necessarily, because i dont) so its not like im writing this from way up on a high horse of mine.. im just concerned.

give it some thought.

I don't think NYCers are particularly stylish to be frank, this even applies to those working in fashion. I rarely see the pieces I really love in the streets and parties. Just offering another viewpoint.

Some people have a really good look, like Will from RO but then he's in full RO and works for the company. Another guy that is consistantly steazy and used to post here is Sphoxx; he can wear designer pieces or vintage/thrift and kill it like few can.

^that's what I'm saying.. Most of what I seem to see here these days is no better than what I see on the streets and I'm bored.

that being said, nycers do dress better as a city than most places in the country, come visit back home with me and you will see

^that's what I'm saying.. Most of what I seem to see here these days is no better than what I see on the streets and I'm bored.

that being said, nycers do dress better as a city than most places in the country, come visit back home with me and you will see

Ok, I agree with this formulation. I don't even check WAYWT anymore, too many meh for one gem in 50 pages.

I think NY street fashunz is more about swag and attitude than just the clothing.....its such a big city that you get all kinds.......but there are definitely some very avant garde dressers...but also tons "trend" followers and even more "ed hardies" but those are mostly B&T

I have to say the most stylish city over all that ive been to is London (never been to Paris though) , although they lack the swagger NY has but their dress is generally on point IMO

I really think it's just the saturation of everything in NYC. I mean, for every well dressed person you see on the street you'll find 10 who could barely dress themselves. In the same aspect for every quality chinese food restaurant you find there's 10 that suck in the same area (and so on).

There's just so many fucking people, and in such an important city nonetheless... You're bound to find trends forming or being set.

I'm not disagreeing with you in the least, just throwing my two cents in there.

so what's the real complaint though? a lot of people live in or go to the cities where people try hard man, and yeah, people are styling there. Not too many people in WAYWT, and not myself, in my current self stylings, would really catch the eyes of people in say, Tokyo or Paris, not to mention that a lot of people who actually knew anything got banned from here already. Take away the people who drop knowledge, ideas and concepts that are new (and fuck, this whole game is always about being on the newest tip), and yes, the mediocrity will tend to set in. J. Crew and mall brands as 'workwear'... therefore acceptable will make its place. The same anti-sentiment created the +++AA.19cm.Vans meme and consequent backlash, even though, and let's face it, you and I and everyone else wore that shit happily a few years ago, and fundamentally it wasn't a bad outfit, it just became a uniform and was boring.

just to chime in on the J-Crew Boring-ness issue. Personally, I think it's got to be acknowledged that for a lot of guys (including myself) there is a major lack of places they can move forward to for the time being, as far as fashion is concerned. The main reason is body type. This being a denim forum first, it attracted a lot of say "normal guys", guys that might have been likely to play sports/lift weights/look like big stupid jocks for the first 7 years after they hit puberty until they found other loftier interests, I don't contribute to WAYWT because I don't have a digital camera and can't be bothered with it, but my fits are nothing special. the reason is, at 6 foot, 235 (pretty solid 235, obese, but not OBESE) i literally can't wear anything that might be considered "next level". I could be wrong, but lately I've seen kixslf starting to embrace a more curated (hate that word) look, but in the end, one can't deny that he's a pretty big dude and the sizing is sometimes off. basically, the shits just not going to look as good on his silhouette as it would on some one thinner (no offense intended, he's by no means fat, just bulkier) . the best example I can think of is Seenmy. he is one of my favorite posters. I always think he looks great, but the fact is that he is skinny as hell and really tall. he's what designers make clothes for. you could give me his wardrobe (and size up to the biggest offering xl in his brands) and i would look like an idiot. So, I am pretty much resigned to stick with the style I have (workwearish) for the time being. I know KUNK is a real big guy who wears high style stuff, but I always think that Haptronic looks great, and if I wore his clothes I would look ridiculous. dunno what I'm trying to say anymore, maybe that the limited sizing potential of "next level" shit mixed with the more normal denim-centric non-waif jockish former hypebeast demographic on sufu is preventing any progression.

everyone is in a lull right now because goth fashion is cosplay and workwear is boring. There are only so many flannel prints.

Both genres are richer than you think. What we call "goth ninja" is made up of a relatively large group of designers, many of them original voices (i.e. Demeulemeester or Carol Christian Poell certainly can't be reduced to "cosplay"). One man's costume is another man's everyday outfit anyway, wearability is a false criteria.

wearability is a false criteria? I think that's a case of the clothes wearing the man

It doesn't mean anything, if someone wears them then they are wearable.