best waywt pics

is that a good thing tho... obviously some things you wear will be different, but i think having a cohesive style over the years is something to strive for.

Not if cohesive stands for dressing like a desperate unemployed skater slob when you're over 30.

^man i really like the direction my style is going in atm but there's no telling where it'll be in three years x_x 

three or four years ago i wore sk8 his and raw denims and obey tshirts and thought that was cool

now i just think "that shits so highschool"

Nothing wrong with raw denim, lots wrong with obey tshirts.

but i am unemployed, a skater, and trying to clean up te slob thing... shit... i just got out of the shower.

lately tho, i realized that no one wants to see an unemployed over 30 skater slob post pictures of himself on the internet, so ive refrained from that. ive taken the time to go to school and build up bikes for my whole family. its been pretty cool.

but yeah, id rather you know it was me from 100 feet(not by the smell hopefuly) even if i do look like someone desprately hanging on to the trappings of my youth, than to look like everyfuckingone else. fashinz is cool and all, but people from the past that we look to as style icons didnt need it... it wasnt about what they wore but how they wore it, and made it personal. 

but i am unemployed, a skater, and trying to clean up te slob thing... shit... i just got out of the shower.

lately tho, i realized that no one wants to see an unemployed over 30 skater slob post pictures of himself on the internet, so ive refrained from that. ive taken the time to go to school and build up bikes for my whole family. its been pretty cool.

but yeah, id rather you know it was me from 100 feet(not by the smell hopefuly) even if i do look like someone desprately hanging on to the trappings of my youth, than to look like everyfuckingone else. fashinz is cool and all, but people from the past that we look to as style icons didnt need it... it wasnt about what they wore but how they wore it, and made it personal.

It wasn't by chance that i used your profile info to do that post, i knew you would take it as tongue in cheek, seems like some dudes just got their panties up in a bunch and tried to white knight you.

More seriously, i was just trying to say that it's ok to experiment and try new things as long as you don't look foolish (or fashinz as you put it). Basically i agree with fuuma's post entirely, dressing in a way that wouldn't embarrass yourself in 3 years is a really stupid goal to strive for and just hinders your personal style progression.

Build me a bike while you're at it.

Edited by Egpt

• 2 weeks later...

Operant conditioning (or instrumental conditioning) is a type of learning in which an individual's behavior is modified by its consequences; the behaviour may change in form, frequency, or strength. Operant conditioning is a term that was coined by B.F Skinner in 1937.[1] The word operant can be described as, "an item of behavior that is initially spontaneous, rather than a response to a prior stimulus, but whose consequences may reinforce or inhibit recurrence of that behavior".[2]

Operant conditioning is distinguished from classical conditioning (or respondent conditioning) in that operant conditioning deals with the modification of "voluntary behaviour" or operant behaviour. Operant behavior operates on the environment and is maintained by its consequences, while classical conditioning deals with the conditioning of reflexive (reflex) behaviours which are elicited by antecedentconditions. Behaviours conditioned via a classical conditioning procedure are not maintained by consequences.[3]

Reinforcement, punishment, and extinction [edit]

Reinforcement and punishment, the core tools of operant conditioning, are either positive (delivered following a response), or negative (withdrawn following a response). This creates a total of four basic consequences, with the addition of a fifth procedure known as extinction (i.e. no change in consequences following a response).

It is important to note that actors are not spoken of as being reinforced, punished, or extinguished; it is the actions that are reinforced, punished, or extinguished. Additionally, reinforcement, punishment, and extinction are not terms whose use is restricted to the laboratory. Naturally occurring consequences can also be said to reinforce, punish, or extinguish behavior and are not always delivered by people.

• Reinforcement is a consequence that causes a behavior to occur with greater frequency.
  • Punishment is a consequence that causes a behavior to occur with less frequency.
  • Extinction is caused by the lack of any consequence following a behavior. When a behavior is inconsequential (i.e., producing neither favorable nor unfavorable consequences) it will occur less frequently. When a previously reinforced behavior is no longer reinforced with either positive or negative reinforcement, it leads to a decline in that behavior.

Four contexts of operant conditioning [edit]

Here the terms positive and negative are not used in their popular sense, but rather: positive refers to addition, and negative refers to subtraction.

What is added or subtracted may be either reinforcement or punishment. Hence positive punishment is sometimes a confusing term, as it denotes the "addition" of a stimulus or increase in the intensity of a stimulus that is aversive (such as spanking or an electric shock). The four procedures are:

1. Positive reinforcement (Reinforcement): occurs when a behavior (response) is followed by a stimulus that is appetitive or rewarding, increasing the frequency of that behavior. In the Skinner box experiment, a stimulus such as food or a sugar solution can be delivered when the rat engages in a target behavior, such as pressing a lever.
  2. Negative reinforcement (Escape): occurs when a behavior (response) is followed by the removal of an aversive stimulus, thereby increasing that behavior's frequency. In the Skinner box experiment, negative reinforcement can be a loud noise continuously sounding inside the rat's cage until it engages in the target behavior, such as pressing a lever, upon which the loud noise is removed.
  3. Positive punishment (Punishment) (also called "Punishment by contingent stimulation"): occurs when a behavior (response) is followed by a stimulus, such as introducing a shock or loud noise, resulting in a decrease in that behavior.
  4. Negative punishment (Penalty) (also called "Punishment by contingent withdrawal"): occurs when a behavior (response) is followed by the removal of a stimulus, such as taking away a child's toy following an undesired behavior, resulting in a decrease in that behavior.
Edited by PHAT HEAD CAMEL TOEZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I usually don't time travel during the average day, I just want my outfit to be cool for the duration I wear it, ancient Greeks would probably not dig it but who cares? In case of expected time travel I wear a toga.

hey for real can we make this a thing?

togas are really sexy