best waywt pics

I might be wrong but...

I think a lot of the rep comes from body envy, a bunch of people who wish they were a little thinner, or that their shoulders were a little more broad or whatever the issue is...

They see a guy like that and they're like "he's well dressed" when subconsciously it's more like "I wish I looked like that"

I might be wrong but...

I think a lot of the rep comes from body envy, a bunch of people who wish they were a little thinner, or that their shoulders were a little more broad or whatever the issue is...

They see a guy like that and they're like "he's well dressed" when subconsciously it's more like "I wish I looked like that"

If you consider those "broad shoulders".. I don't even.

I might be wrong but...

example?

The two first examples that come to mind are flock and homme.homme

I think they both dress very well, however even a picture of flock in a grey t-shirt and trousers or homme in sweatpants and a parka would gain more favor with superfuture than somebody else who isn't as tall/ thin in the same clothes.

It's true that they look good, maybe better than other people doing the same thing, but at that point it's become more about physique than their clothing.

On the other hand there were some people talking shit about MOA's last fit, a dude who's far from being fat but not quite as skinny as Sufu seems to favor. So they nitpick small details about his outfit and call it unflattering.

This could be all in my head but it's just something I've been noticing...

I might be wrong but...

I agree... BUT...

I don't find anything wrong that.

Having a nice body (whatever you think that should look like) AND your garb both contribute to a fit. I hate to state the obvious but if you're fat/chubby/rail-thin/whatever, you're not going to look as nice as someone who's fit.

I can't argue with that at all, I guess what I'm getting at is there seems to be such a stark contrast between favorable and unfavorable reactions to someone's physique which doesn't exactly seem fair.

But all in all, it is true that a healthy body + nice clothes certainly create the best outfits.

So yeah, nevermind

the reason i thought nemuine's fit was best may have had something to do with the fact that i'm trying to fux with the same style and can't seem to be able to get the proportions just right - he basically nailed it.

homme.homme is another guy that seems to always manage to pull off casual in a way that i'm constantly trying to figure out/replicate - probably something to do with height/weight/body type etc.

so some support for your theory, 99. in as much as i don't wish i had the same body - i like being broad shouldered/tall etc. i just wish i could get the clothes to fall on me the same way.

this is basically what others are saying, but: you don't walk around with your clothes on hangers, you walk around with them on your body. great items still look bad if they don't work with your body type (hard truth i struggle to keep in mind for myself), and average things can look amazing on someone who fits them perfectly or who has great natural proportions.

being a great dresser is just as much about picking the right things for you as it is about having taste in individual pieces, or knowing how to put them together. your body is a huge part of your fit, and while it's not helpful to hate on people for their physique, it is reasonable to observe that the clothes do or do not work well with the body in question.

i will later regret this post when everyone finds out i am a short girl who tries to dress like a tall lady.

while it's not helpful to hate on people for their physique

Helpful? I think it is. If you're posting your fit in an open forum where you know it can/will be critiqued and/or hated on = ultimately so you can fix your shit, your physique is fair game. It ain't like your body is a constant in the equation that can't be changed. You can fix that shit too and/or make smart decisions about what garments you choose to wear.

Edited by mrchariybrown