best waywt pics

^edit:damn, you beat me by a minute, anyway...

You're missing my point...

The people you listed wear what they wear to do what they do.. i.e. skate, work at a bank, shoot opposums or whatever rednecks do

Dudes into "vintage-duds" get dressed up in their shit to go do what? Im sure some of those dudes go out and work on a farm or lumber yard or something... but I'm just sayin, the 'costumes' you were talkin bout earlier isn't the same.

... and what does this have to do with anything?

and what about when skaters were all into raw denim. at the beginning, superfuture was only comprised of two groups, denim heads and streetwear guys. and that's mainly cause skaters were trying to learn from the denim heads cause they wanted to skate in raw jeans and get "sick fades". in other words, raw denim was part of the skater costume. skaters weren't wearing raw jeans "just to skate". they were wearing raw jeans cause it was hyped and cause it was part of the costume.

i was wearing raw jeans to skate because the shitty mall jeans i had worn previously would tear very quickly... and i got some vintage levis at the thrift store and wanted something more comparable to them. amazingly, since i started wearing sufu approved denim i havent had any blown out crotches or knees or back pockets that rip completely off. somehow, ive gotten some nice fades on most of them.

and in the beginning, sufu was not "streetwear guys and denim heads"... the two were pretty much one and the same. there were no suburban railroad workers. the raw japanese denim thing was part of the japanese streetwear look that was pretty popular here.

There's a denim WAYWT? learn something new everyday.

there is even a thread where the denimbros boast about their real life accomplishments and it's called "what are your jeans doing today?"

shit is ridiculous on a whole different level

oh, also, "skaters" on the internet fashion forums are not the same as skaters in real life... besides my friends who ive given jeans to i dont know any skaters who wear raw denim.

true. im talking about skaters on the internet. im not a skater but i do know some skaters in real life. and most of them aren't really into fashion either. they like to look good, but for them it's all about the shoes.

So people keep saying a dude in $3,000 bucks worth of workwear will look just as ridiculous as a dude in $3,000 of Rick?!?

No. Flawed argument. $3,000 worth or Rick could very much be a jacket, shirt, pants, and shoes, and you might still be over $3,000 in price. A dude in $3,000 of workwear is wearing WAY too many god damn layers in the middle of June.

(10)

I've seen Superdenim morph for the last 4 years and like some of you said, shit is getting out of hand in terms of CJ. But then from my perspective, a lot of Denimbros aren't on the hype of "raw jeans" and work wear. They are just people looking for quality clothing with a rich history and culture. Rather a look is good or bad is all up to personal preference. And who can we tell how money should be spent when some of us drop 1k on RO dunks and visvims (made in China now btw)

see... thats the thing... you can look just as good in 100$ of work wear + one pair of japanese denim as you can in 3000 worth of workwear. its more about the details.

but really, its become about the brands. its become another branch of high end designer clothing. mr freedom has more in common with dick ovens than it does with real workwear.

I've seen Superdenim morph for the last 4 years and like some of you said, shit is getting out of hand in terms of CJ. But then from my perspective, a lot of Denimbros aren't on the hype of "raw jeans" and work wear. They are just people looking for quality clothing with a rich history and culture. Rather a look is good or bad is all up to personal preference. And who can we tell how money should be spent when some of us drop 1k on RO dunks and visvims (made in China now btw)

Visvim shoes have always been made in china or Korea. The environmental taxes to melt rubber for soles in Japan is off the charts. But, the new fbt line is all made in Japan.

An I'm reallllllllyyyyy fucking sick of hearing "good quality" when talking about Workwear. Every god damn pair of Japanese jeans I've ever bought are unwearable now, the crotch blows out within 2/3 months. This includes samurai, imperial, sugarcane, flathead, iron heart, and mister freedom. So quality materials? Maybe. Long lasting? Fuck no, my new outliers (made in the USA, with Swiss fabric) have outperformed and lasted long that ANY of those denim brands.