Sales Reps?

dagsolo

I am reaching out to Superfuture with the following:

How/ where do you find reliable,

experienced sales reps to sell your line of tees & polos?

The target market is open to:

Sneaker/ Skate shops, urban stores, boutiques, dept stores, etc.

I was able to sell my line for this season to Lord & Taylor without a rep.

It was a lucky situation in which a friend actually knew the buyer,

but I have been unable to find sales reps to expand the business.

I have the following:

1. Spring 07 line of tees & polos for men and a ladies line.

2. Factored production company that is backing us.

3. Web-store.

4. Spring/ Summer 06 stock available for immediate delivery.

5. Passion to make this a true success story.

Any help or info is appreciated.

The Spring/ Summer 2007 line is not the website.

For the new lines and more info, Sales Reps can reach me directly via e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks,

Rich

The Life

http://www.TheLifeLtd.com

That's an interesting approach.

It seems that finding out the buyers name can

sometimes be more difficult than it seems it should be.

I'm going to dig in my old toy box for that detective shield I through out a long time ago.

Even still, buyers, in general, like dealing with reps that they've dealt with before.

Those relationships can cause a buyer to take a chance on a new line.

By the way, we've re-tooled the new Spring 07 stuff.

New processes, new techniques, new concepts...

Another good suggestion.

I work in the garment district and I've heard some interesting feedback with regards to tradeshows lately.

1. Bread & Butter: the person who attended reported very low attendance and overall poor management of the show itself. Confusion over location of exhibitors also contributed to an overall poor experience.

2. Project NYC: again, low attendance, although the NYC heatwave may have been a contributing factor. also, reported was lack of buyers. the person who attended reported that there seemed to be more exhibitors lurking around other exhibitors booths that there were buyers writing business. it also seemed that each booth every booth had the same product. the back area that houses the independent up and coming labels also had poor visibility and was "forgotten" unless you mistakenly wandered back there.

I realize that every person has a different opinion. The shows probably rocked for the majority of attendees, but even if they did have plenty of traffic, you still need a knowledgable sales rep to interact with the buyers and interested parties entering the booth. Also, a rep plays a key factor in writing business in between trade shows.

I'm still looking to hear from a rep on SF.

Another good suggestion.

I work in the garment district and I've heard some interesting feedback with regards to tradeshows lately.

1. Bread & Butter: the person who attended reported very low attendance and overall poor management of the show itself. Confusion over location of exhibitors also contributed to an overall poor experience.

2. Project NYC: again, low attendance, although the NYC heatwave may have been a contributing factor. also, reported was lack of buyers. the person who attended reported that there seemed to be more exhibitors lurking around other exhibitors booths that there were buyers writing business. it also seemed that each booth every booth had the same product. the back area that houses the independent up and coming labels also had poor visibility and was "forgotten" unless you mistakenly wandered back there.

I realize that every person has a different opinion. The shows probably rocked for the majority of attendees, but even if they did have plenty of traffic, you still need a knowledgable sales rep to interact with the buyers and interested parties entering the booth. Also, a rep plays a key factor in writing business in between trade shows.

I'm still looking to hear from a rep on SF.

very true with the trade shows

there's nothing spectacular

Dag,

You can approach the rep situation a couple ways.

Do you have accounts other than L&T? If so ask your accounts if they know of a good

rep. As a buyer I try and help out the reps I like with finding new lines. Getting a recommendation from a retailer usually is a good sign that the rep can do his job.

Call/contact the tradeshows for a company/member list or book. If you see lines that

you think would compliment your company then give them a call to find out who the

regional rep is in your area and see what that person has to say.

Showrooms. you can go to the markets in various cities and rent or have an existing

rep firm show your product for you for a fee.

It's not that hard to find someone to schlep your goods once you get some contacts

If you find that complimentry company and get their rep on board usually that person

can contact all the others who sell the line in other territories and get them on board.

Good luck