worst (sufu) waywt fits

sufu popularity contest

high school edition

I'm blown away by how doctorworm got 70-something +reps for his fit. Not going to post here because you guys will kill me but can someone explain to me the fuck is going on with that?

Great poster and all but fuck...

Edit: DOVO2012 MAKE HIM FAMOUS.

Posted · Hidden by seven.homme, March 19, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by seven.homme, March 19, 2012 - No reason given

Finally some sunny days over here in Norway, and the snow's melting. Some of these are for my girlfriend's photography project with her university. So here's what I'm wearing today:

6989365469_d201f1ebfe_z.jpg

6843246900_26b462322f_z.jpg

6843247988_fc8e095c8a_z.jpg

Since the sunny weather lasted so long, she managed to shoot a picture with my jeans in focus.

In the pics, I'm wearing:

Random wool scarf

Checkered heavy flannel shirt from Field & Stream

Burgundy belt by Hollow's Leather (for more pics, check this out!)

21oz MiJ pure indigo jeans (my own brand & design)

Church's McFarlane army boot brogues, with Red Wing laces

Its pretty unspectacular and an odd mix of formal/casual but definitely doesn't deserve a spot in this thread. If he wasn't wearing a tie, changed out the pinpoint shirt (what it looks like) for a more casual oxford and wore it unbuttoned 1-2 buttons, that would but much better. If the jeans are black, id switch them out for blue but I think they're just dark raws.

so basically if he changed his outfit completely.

Its pretty unspectacular and an odd mix of formal/casual but definitely doesn't deserve a spot in this thread. If he wasn't wearing a tie, changed out the pinpoint shirt (what it looks like) for a more casual oxford and wore it unbuttoned 1-2 buttons, that would but much better. If the jeans are black, id switch them out for blue but I think they're just dark raws.

y'know, if he didn't post that, he wouldn't be in worst waywt fits.

Hiroki would have looked just as dumb with that cap. your point?

the photoshop doesn't have the cap tho (were he to wear cap like that it'd inevitably become an "i raise price" or other meme)

honestly looks like something hiroki might wear, although more likely pants would be vis high waters

It's not just the cap that ruins it. It's that and the hipster frames and the sloppy shirt-tuck which is clearly premeditated to show off a shitty belt. The whole thing reeks of effort.

Exactly.

the photoshop doesn't have the cap tho

That was what I was getting at. can't really see how that photoshop worked, when it removed the thing i said sucked about the outfit - the cap.

The above photoshop attempt from bryanayrb is just as weak.

Edited by philipo

It's not just the cap that ruins it. It's that and the hipster frames and the sloppy shirt-tuck which is clearly premeditated to show off a shitty belt. The whole thing reeks of effort.

Dont forget 0 swag whatsoever.

#menswear guy spent stacks on visvim and got people upset

all i can say is japanese dudes with ponytails and beards will always look better in visvim kit... almost every FIL employee is wearing the lhamo shirt/101 jkt/oxford/highwater or chino/ xxx vis footwear anyway. i just find it funny that some white dude in glasses did something similar and all of a sudden it's "worst"

if the plaid 5 panel was the plaid engineer cap from last season would it be approved?

Edited by bryanayrb

does anyone else find discussing "trying too hard" on an online fashion forum a bit disingenuous? without the half-tuck and the hat the fit wouldve been sorta dope

Here's my take on it: This is not a cosplay forum. We shouldn't be applauding a vulgar display of effort. It's obvious that SUFU members put a good bit of care and effort in the way that we dress. That's not a bad thing. The difference is that some people here do it with ease because they've learned to wear clothing that suits their body-type and character/personality/swag whatever you want to call it.

I think a lot of these cats that post on WAYWT are just looking for opinions and judgements. They want to know how their peers perceive them.

Nakamura has the kind of swag where he'd look proper in just about anything. This guy has the kind of swag that needs a lot of fine-tuning.....he fails mainly because he thinks that 5-panels are for everybody.

Edited by Ammutseba